Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,245 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death (22125 Views)

This Picture Of The Ooni Of Ife And His Wife Has People Talking / Ooni Of Ife Chills With Oba Of Elegushi After Being Snubbed By Oba Of Lagos.PIC / Ife Chiefs Announce Ooni’s Death Formally (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by Trending(m): 10:50am On Aug 06, 2015
New indication has emerged on why the death of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, has not been officially announced by the palace.

The silence, it was gathered, is because Isoro cult members, who are carrying out necessary rites on the late monarch, are yet to give their nod that the death be made public.

The remains of the monarch have already arrived in Ile’gbo, the place where he monarch was installed, sources hinted.

Ile ‘gbo is located within Ile Oodua, the late Ooni’s palace.

An Ife traditional title holder told Leadership Newspaper that Ooni’s remains arrived the palace and was received by members of Isoro cult early this week.

“His journey to the throne started from that place called Ile’gbo. That is where he was installed Ooni and that is the place [where] anyone that will succeed him will also be installed,” he said.

“The body is being preserved through traditional means.

“All the rites will be done while the body is kept there. That does not mean that a formal announcement of his death will follow in the next two weeks.

“It may take months, depending on how fast the Isoro members are able to conclude the necessary rites.

“The body is there as I speak to you but nobody except members of the cult can see it.”

The Chief Priest of Oduduwa and Obadio Agbaye Orisun of Yoruba land, Oba Farotimi Faroba, had dismissed the reported arrival of remains of Ooni.

Faroba told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) last weekend that Ooni was hale and healthy.

“Ooni is hale and healthy, and that is to confirm to you that nothing has happened to him.

“And if he is still alive why the rumuor that his remains has arrived in the ancient town?

“Ooni’s death cannot be hidden. Assuming his reported death is true, you will notice crowd at the main palace gate, while the gate would be locked and no one will be allowed to enter.

“Also, the Oduduwa chief priest will announce the demise of the Ooni upon sounding of a bell at Enuwa square located in front of the palace.

“After the announcement, all the trees in the market would be cut; markets would be closed while all forms of merrymaking such as drumming or partying would be suspended in town for a number of days,” he explained.

Faroba said since Ooni was still alive there was no need to perform any of the rites.

According to him, the wedding of one of the Ooni’s sons which was slated for Aug. 2 in Lagos still went ahead as planned to confirm that the monarch is still alive.

“Ooni is second in command to the deities and if anything happen to him, the 200 gods and goddesses would be aware before Oduduwa chief priest would announce it.

“I am saying all these to confirm to you that Ooni is still alive,” Faroba said.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/06/why-palace-is-yet-to-officially-announce-ooni-of-ifes-death

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by bonechamberlain(m): 10:52am On Aug 06, 2015
this is how men treat a mortal like a God, even after death. sorry for Africa.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by Bonapart(m): 11:16am On Aug 06, 2015
Like seriously who cares..... I hope it will bring him back

Oni my regards to dagrin abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by veekid(m): 11:16am On Aug 06, 2015
na dem sabi; make dem refrigerate am being chop if dem like

6 Likes

Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 06, 2015
fucckk the king undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by joystickextendr: 11:16am On Aug 06, 2015
okay
Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 06, 2015
E done die, e done die.

whether them announce am or not.

He cannot die twice.

8 Likes

Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by idongesit88: 11:17am On Aug 06, 2015
Africans they call them
Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by sKeetz(m): 11:17am On Aug 06, 2015
Like my post to piss me off

3 Likes

Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 06, 2015
searching4love:

Grow up son.

(And no, I am not Yoruba, or from Ife either.).

He was someone's father and grandfather. I doubt you would tolerate someone speaking about your relative like that.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by jaybee3(m): 11:17am On Aug 06, 2015
Arrant nonsense
Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by MarieSucre(f): 11:17am On Aug 06, 2015
And I heard its the same here. You just say
Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by steppin: 11:17am On Aug 06, 2015
Dem wan organise their Juju wella before dem announce am.
Kai! People head go miss finish!

6 Likes

Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by razz0: 11:17am On Aug 06, 2015
Nah wa 4 pple oooh! No be small tin! I no fit shout!
Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by tommykiwi(m): 11:18am On Aug 06, 2015
Dat is their own cup of tea!

1 Like

Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by misspicy(f): 11:18am On Aug 06, 2015
Mtchw

2 Likes

Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by qualityovenbake(m): 11:18am On Aug 06, 2015
If not for Tradition, I would have been wondering why is the Ooni death taking too long to announce The public should respect the wishes of the families and communities of the dead to observe whatever cultural and religious events are usually
practised on death of their monarch.

4 Likes

Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by Trending(m): 11:18am On Aug 06, 2015
Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by maxiuc(m): 11:19am On Aug 06, 2015
We dnt care to know Ooni dead or alife we don't care
Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by Happiness87(f): 11:19am On Aug 06, 2015
they need human heads, that will be required for the rites and to be buried along with his corpse.

parents warn your kids, to stay indoors especially from 6.pm

don't go out alone, else your head go join Ooni corpse for coffin

4 Likes

Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by ideatoprince18(m): 11:19am On Aug 06, 2015
nonsense If the king like let him b alive....if he like let him b dead.....it does not change d price of GARRI!!!!!!!
Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 06, 2015
kennygee:
E done die, e done die.

He cannot die twice.

Come, share a coke with TCHIDI!!

1 Like

Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 06, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Grow up son.

(And no, I am not Yoruba, or from Ife either.).

He was someone's father and grandfather. I doubt you would tolerate someone speaking about your relative like that.

i am yoruba from oyo state. but the news is getting boring day by day. Even Jesus death was not made a mystery. they should cook him and eat nobody cares. once again, fucck u and the king undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by emamos: 11:21am On Aug 06, 2015
kennygee:
E done die, e done die.
He cannot die twice.
simple
Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by allanphash7(m): 11:21am On Aug 06, 2015
Isese ni agba

1 Like

Re: Why Palace Is Yet To Officially Announce Ooni Of Ife’s Death by MrMcJay(m): 11:22am On Aug 06, 2015
searching4love:

Your post is a reflection of the kind of upbringing your parents gave to you.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Shares Yoruba Symbol / 9 Unexplained Events That Are Blamed On Aliens / Naira Scarcity: I Don’t Have N20,000 Cash As Monarch — Oluwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.