Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,011 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Mods I Need Clarification. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mods I Need Clarification. (1114 Views)

Please I Need Clarification On Federal Civil Service Co Apply More Than Ministry / PLEASE MODS : I Demand Why My Post/ads Is Been Banned In Autos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mods I Need Clarification. by Iamoilprince(m): 10:55am On Aug 06, 2015
Dear Nairalanders, Am really confused here. I'v been in this forum for ages now, have always had something as my signature. I learnt the signature thing from many nairalanders. But got a mail from a moderator of travel section @justwise urging me to remove my signature if i want to be posting on the travel section. I didnt get such warning from Mods of POLITIC, CELEBRITIES and ROMANCE sections where am also activr in. Please i really need clarification from the moderators if its against the rule of Nairalander then I will have any option than to remove it.

Am writing this to futher seek clarification from other moderators, and will obey if clarified.

below is a screenshot of the mail from the mod and my signature. Thanks.

cc @ seun @ ishilove @ freiburger, @ r231 @Disguy

Re: Mods I Need Clarification. by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2015
why not remove it, maybe its against the rule in travel section
Re: Mods I Need Clarification. by Melahou(m): 11:03am On Aug 06, 2015
The wind of change is everywhere

maybe the mod is also into TRAVELS and TOUR and as such
not willing to compete with anyone...

or you may be invited by DSS as well wink
Re: Mods I Need Clarification. by Iamoilprince(m): 11:05am On Aug 06, 2015
Midehi:
why not remove it, maybe its against the rule in travel section

I thought their is a general nairaland rule. I did my signature alot of nairalander does so.

I will probably stop posting there but need to be clarified. I really dont want to believe its a personal beef.
Re: Mods I Need Clarification. by asumo12: 11:06am On Aug 06, 2015
lool DSS bawo grin grin grin

Melahou:

Re: Mods I Need Clarification. by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 06, 2015
Iamoilprince:

I thought their is a general nairaland rule. I did my signature alot of nairalander does so.

I will probably stop posting there but need to be clarified. I really dont want to believe its a personal beef.
ok
Re: Mods I Need Clarification. by Melahou(m): 11:09am On Aug 06, 2015
asumo12:
lool DSS bawo grin grin grin

DSS is reigning na grin
Re: Mods I Need Clarification. by justwise(m): 11:09am On Aug 06, 2015
Iamoilprince:
Dear Nairalanders, Am really confused here. I'v been in this forum for ages now, have always had something as my signature. I learnt the signature thing from many nairalanders. But got a mail from a moderator of travel section @justwise urging me to remove my signature if i want to be posting on the travel section. I didnt get such warning from Mods of POLITIC, CELEBRITIES and ROMANCE sections where am also activr in. Please i really need clarification from the moderators if its against the rule of Nairalander then I will have any option than to remove it.

Am writing this to futher seek clarification from other moderators, and will obey if clarified.

below is a screenshot of the mail from the mod and my signature. Thanks.

cc @ seun @ ishilove @ freiburger, @ r231

Yes you are using the ad on your signature to circumvent the rule against placing ads in areas where adverts are explicitly allowed.

You go around posting randomly then ask people to see your signature.

Iamoilprince:

check my signature n call me or whatsapp me

Iamoilprince:

check my signature n call me or whatsapp me

You have an ad here https://www.nairaland.com/2409119/cheapest-airline-tickets-free-travel which is where ads are allowed in travel section
Re: Mods I Need Clarification. by Iamoilprince(m): 11:13am On Aug 06, 2015
Melahou:

lol. I really cant tell the reasons behind his action. But am hopeful at oga @Seun will sort this.
If i get clarification that am wrong then I sha take precautions asap.
Re: Mods I Need Clarification. by justwise(m): 11:15am On Aug 06, 2015
Melahou:

Baseless assumption
Re: Mods I Need Clarification. by justwise(m): 11:18am On Aug 06, 2015
Iamoilprince:

l[b]ol. I really cant tell the reasons behind his action[/b]. But am hopeful at oga @Seun will sort this.
If i get clarification that am wrong then I sha take precautions asap.

You know the reason because you have been banned before for the same offense, you just finished serving that ban 1st of August and you immediately started doing the same dam thing again.

Re: Mods I Need Clarification. by Melahou(m): 11:19am On Aug 06, 2015
justwise:

Baseless assumption

then free the guy...since you have nothing to lose...
or tell him where he has aired...

Transparency is key
Re: Mods I Need Clarification. by Iamoilprince(m): 11:20am On Aug 06, 2015
justwise:

Yes you are using the ad on your signature to circumvent the rule against placing ads in areas where adverts are explicitly allowed.

You go around posting randomly then ask people to see your signature.

You have an ad here https://www.nairaland.com/2409119/cheapest-airline-tickets-free-travel which is where ads are allowed in travel section

Thanks for coming through. People requested for how to book air tickets, some seeked advise on the best airline to use, so i simply commented by asking them to check my signature because its against the rule to post prices of air tickets n all.

All the people I quoted asked for where to get Airline tickets. I didnt go round asking just anybody to check my signature.

u'll can check my post and confirm what am saying.
Re: Mods I Need Clarification. by Iamoilprince(m): 11:25am On Aug 06, 2015
Melahou:

then free the guy...since you have nothing to lose...
or tell him where he has aired...

Transparency is key

brother, If you go against their rule u get banned straight. On your profile u will get to see reasons why u were banned.

The worst part is that am more active in politics section and have not gotten such mail from the mod.

I even see people that went as far as uploading banner as a form of picture.
Re: Mods I Need Clarification. by Melahou(m): 11:29am On Aug 06, 2015
Iamoilprince:

brother, If you go against their rule u get banned straight. On your profile u will get to see reasons why u were banned.

The worst part is that am more active in politics section and have not gotten such mail from the mod.

I even see people that went as far as uploading banner as a form of picture.

i feel you bro...just take it easy...we shall all get there
Re: Mods I Need Clarification. by Iamoilprince(m): 11:33am On Aug 06, 2015
justwise:

You know the reason because you have been banned before for the same offense, you just finished serving that ban 1st of August and you immediately started doing the same dam thing again.

I spammed, which I know i did. Because i posted that people should contact me for cheap airline tickets. Did i compain when you banned me ? did i open any topic asking for reasons why ? NO i didnt

@justwise, u re not being truthful here. Be honest and tell us here if i repented same thing again.
cc @seun
Re: Mods I Need Clarification. by Iamoilprince(m): 11:38am On Aug 06, 2015
Melahou:

i feel you bro...just take it easy...we shall all get there

yesooo! time dey come wen we go pay for front page advert for 2 years in a stretch.
Re: Mods I Need Clarification. by Melahou(m): 11:47am On Aug 06, 2015
Iamoilprince:

yesooo! time dey come wen we go pay for front page advert for 2 years in a stretch.

no...not for you to pay but have your own website where people will pay you for advert page
Re: Mods I Need Clarification. by Iamoilprince(m): 1:14pm On Aug 06, 2015
Melahou:

no...not for you to pay but have your own website where people will pay you for advert page

Lol. We all own nairaland n we have to support the owner. We have different calls not everyone is called to have a website.

The guy went ahead to hide all my post. But i know a time will come when he will call me many times but I wont answer.

thanks to all that commented.

CASE CLOSED!

(1) (Reply)

Caveat Emptor / 10 Things Universally Hated / Nigerian Police And Their Abuse Of Power: My Nasty Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.