Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

14 Major Things Life Is Too Short To Worry About - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 14 Major Things Life Is Too Short To Worry About (1084 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Block Major Road In Abuja Central With Their Cattle (See Photos) / Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today / 8 Things Life Will Teach Every Guy When He Leaves Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Major Things Life Is Too Short To Worry About by Lautechgossip(m): 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sometimes my life feels like it’s stuck in neutral – like I’m stuck in an endless loop of introduction with no progress. It’s during these times in my life that I stop, sit down, close my eyes, and reset my brain for 10 to 15 minutes.

In doing this, I drop my so-called “problems” from my mind and awaken feeling fresh and energized. Long before I was some new-agey nutjob, though, I was (and still am) a nerd with a penchant for numbers and tech, so I tracked my worries as I released their grip on me.

Here are some problems I found myself worrying about far too often before I discovered how to meditate and refocus.
Life is too short to worry about…

1 – …Bills
Death and taxes are far from the only guarantees in life. You’ll repeatedly have your heart broken, enjoy the sun, the moon, eat drink, and be merry – and you’ll have a hard time in life without paying bills.

Whether monthly, quarterly, or annually, bills are relentless. If you ignore them, they only get bigger, louder, and more destructive. The thing is: we all have bills…and letting them run your life isn’t going to improve its quality any time soon.

It’s easy to say not to worry about bills. At various points in my life, I’ve slept on floors, lived in a car or van, and couch-surfed with friends and family – I can assure you that losing your house, car, cable, gas, etc. won’t kill you. I survived a lot.

2 – …Money
“Cash Rules Everything Around Me – C.R.E.A.M., get the money.

Money is the cause of and solution to life’s most unnecessary problems. We need bread – there’s no denying that – we just don’t need to allow cheddar to be the source of undue stress. Always remember that currency is imaginary, and economies don’t exist in nature.

Material wealth doesn’t equate to happiness.
Instead of stressing about your supply of coinage, try focusing on the things that make you happy. If you pursue a job that satisfies your desire for greenbacks, you risk ending up in a career you hate.

3 – …The Past
The beef-witted among us who don’t learn history are doomed to hear it repeated over and over by those who do. Most of humanity’s violent wars were waged because of conflicting beliefs over what happened in the past. The past is important to learn from, but you shouldn’t let it get in your way and become a burden. Instead, face forward, and brush that dirt off your shoulders.

4 – …Haters
Think about all the celebrities you don’t like or don’t care about: Kim Kardashian has no business being famous, Justin Bieber is overrated, LeBron James is no Michael Jordan.
Regardless of how you feel about any of these people, they have successful careers. Although they get their share of hate mail, successful people continue doing what they’re doing. Now apply this concept to your own life…

5 – …Work
There will always be projects, chores, errands, and emergencies at work. Nobody has a career that’s without stressful situations. It helps to love what you do, but even if you don’t, work is a silly thing to get uptight about.

If you’re not at work, there’s nothing to worry about. If you are at work, then stop crying over spilt milk, roll up your sleeves, and be productive. The less you worry about work, the quicker it goes by.

6 – …Aging
Getting old is a difficult and scary task – there’s no denying that. We all go through the same stress, anxiety, fear, worry, and doubt. It’s understandable to feel a little bit stressed about aging, but you have to keep in mind there’s nothing you can do about it. You’re going to age whether you like it or not.
There’s nothing you can do to stop the process, but you can embrace it and make the most of your time.

Aging is a part of life. It sucks, but it is what it is. Instead of worrying about your impending geriatric state, enjoy the present you exist in right now. You’ll only be this old once, so do all the fun things you always wanted to do at that age. Stop wishing you were younger.
Enjoy your life the way it is right now.

7 – …Death
Sooner or later in your life, you’re going to have to face the inevitability of your own death. You can’t dodge the grim reaper, and hiding is only going to hinder you from living your life to the fullest. You won’t give your all when you’re holding back. After you face death, you’ll find it easier to face over and over throughout life. You’ll have more courage and tenacity.

8 – …What People Think
When I was younger, I always said I didn’t care what people thought of me, but the reality is very different. In my mid to late 20s, I completely stopped caring what people thought of me. By the time 30 hit, I jumped out of an airplane and hit the ground running. I blew the whistle on the banks and started living my life as though nobody was there. I started being me, regardless of what my friends, family, the government, or the guy at the other end of the barrel aimed at me thought about it.

9 – …Celebrities
Paparazzi follow celebrities everywhere they go, snapping pictures, videos, and sound bites to feed to the convoluted masses.

They’d have no reason to take pictures if there weren’t hordes of people hungering to learn the latest celebrity gossip. Why does it matter, though? Does knowing what Mariah Carey is smoking or who Daniel Radcliffe is dating get you anywhere in life? There’s plenty more going on in the world outside the lives of celebrities. Stop worrying about their drama.

10 – …What Other People Are Doing
It’s not just celebrities – some people get into everyone’s business. What can you learn about life from other people’s business? I’m reminded of times as a kid where I would say “but ___ is going to the movies” as a way of convincing my parents to grant me permission to go.

Their answer was a useful lesson: don’t worry about what other people are doing. They’re not paying your bills or putting food on your table. Their problems aren’t yours, and there’s no reason to take them on.

If you’re constantly following the example of others, you’ll never get ahead in life. People who get ahead don’t emulate their peers.

They walk their own path and inspire others to follow suit. Don’t worry about where everyone else is going or what they’re doing – focus on you.

11 – …Mistakes
Don’t worry too much when you make a mistake – nobody’s perfect. Figure out what caused the mistake and what you can do next time to avoid it or improve the outcome in at least some minor way. Remember what Thomas Edison said about mistakes being the key to innovation; we stumbled upon some of our greatest inventions by mistake. It’s not the end of the world.

When you make a mistake (especially a string of them), it’s easy to get frustrated and feel like everything is falling apart.

12 – …Winning a Jackpot
There’s nothing wrong with occasionally throwing a couple dollars down on jackpots. Someone has to win, and it very well may be you. Someone else also has to get eaten by a shark, struck by lightning, and abducted by aliens, but you’re not waiting for one of these pivotal moments to occur in your life before finally taking action. Why would you wait for some imaginary (and highly unlikely) windfall before giving life your all?

While it’s ok to play jackpot, don’t put all your chips into that. Don’t depend on the jackpot, God, or some other unlikely external factor to come swoop you away from your life – work with what you have. By pursuing your dreams and goals, you won’t have to worry about the lottery; you’ll feel like you already won.

13 – …Worrying
After a while, your worries start to pile up to the point that you begin to even worry about worrying. Once you’re stuck in this cycle, it’s very difficult to get out. If you ever find yourself in this position, the first thing you need to remember is to breathe.

Now stop getting frustrated with you. If life is too short to worry about death, it’s certainly too short to beat yourself up over being human and having a natural reaction.

Although you’re better off not doing it, there’s nothing wrong with worrying – worrying about worrying is a good sign you need to stop and take a minute.

14 – …Being Perfect
At the end of the day, you need to accept yourself for your own faults. Life’s too short to dwell on anything for too long unless it makes you feel happy and fulfilled. Sure, you’ll make mistakes along the way, but that’s part of the fun.

Test your own boundaries, and you’ll begin to enjoy life so much more. For example, I can’t stand when I don’t finish something up to my personal standards.

I have an almost Sheldon Cooper-level impulse to finish things, but to help suppress that worry, every so often, I don’t finish…

http://lazyreporta.com/14-major-things-life-is-too-short-to-worry-about/
Re: 14 Major Things Life Is Too Short To Worry About by ladyF(f): 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2015
Hmmm, bills?

If you don't worry about your bills, who will?

1 Like

Re: 14 Major Things Life Is Too Short To Worry About by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2015
Lol if u can pay my bills then I will worry no more cheesy
Re: 14 Major Things Life Is Too Short To Worry About by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 06, 2015
stop worrying about them for a year, and see how useless and complicated ur lyt would be, no offense undecided
Re: 14 Major Things Life Is Too Short To Worry About by gabazin080(m): 1:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
We don hear. So which one make we dey worry about wen you don every thing in life finish
Re: 14 Major Things Life Is Too Short To Worry About by Lautechgossip(m): 1:32pm On Aug 06, 2015
cc ishilove cc lalasticlala
Re: 14 Major Things Life Is Too Short To Worry About by Nobody: 1:01am On Aug 07, 2015
Op,

I cnt sleep.

Can u please recommend any sleeping pill for me?
Re: 14 Major Things Life Is Too Short To Worry About by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 07, 2015
Op,

I cnt sleep.

Can u please recommend any sleeping pill for me?
Re: 14 Major Things Life Is Too Short To Worry About by Solomon19(m): 2:38am On Aug 07, 2015
At op nice thread everything you said is fact i no go lie God bless you....
Re: 14 Major Things Life Is Too Short To Worry About by wordbank(m): 7:50am On Aug 07, 2015
My VISIONS and MISSION is always up in my face
Bills is kinda secondary
Re: 14 Major Things Life Is Too Short To Worry About by Sammypedro18(m): 8:48am On Aug 07, 2015
MhizDeedy:
Lol if u can pay my bills then I will worry no more cheesy
C ur mouth like 'pay all my bills'
Re: 14 Major Things Life Is Too Short To Worry About by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 07, 2015
Sammypedro18:

C ur mouth like 'pay all my bills'

Tz a fyn mouth ryt? cheesy
Re: 14 Major Things Life Is Too Short To Worry About by 123gist(m): 9:34am On Aug 07, 2015
ladyF:
Hmmm, bills?
If you don't worry about your bills, who will?

I will but.........
Re: 14 Major Things Life Is Too Short To Worry About by Sammypedro18(m): 11:06pm On Aug 07, 2015
MhizDeedy:

Tz a fyn mouth ryt? cheesy
Until I kiss it, we can never know cheesy

(1) (Reply)

House Maid Uses Urine In Cooking To Punish Her Employer(photos) / See What Girls Of Nowadays Wants To Turn Them Selfs To..photos / 16 Girls Gets Pregnant After Teenager Ejaculates In Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.