Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,656 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Incredible!!! This Woman Has Been Pregnant For 60 Years - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Incredible!!! This Woman Has Been Pregnant For 60 Years (540 Views)

Couple Get First Wedding Photos After 60 Years Of Marriage (photos) / I Am Married But Pregnant For My Ex Boyfriend ,what Should I Do? / Woman Who Had Been Pregnant For 3 Years Gives Birth To A Goat In Ph(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Incredible!!! This Woman Has Been Pregnant For 60 Years by realDONmikel: 5:18am On Aug 07, 2015
Doctors treating Estela in La Boca, Chile, believed she had a huge tumour growing inside her stomach and sent her for an X-ray.

But after the X-ray medics discovered the large mass was actually a calcified foetus in her womb – which posed no health risk

Estela, who had no idea she had become pregnant, had been carrying the child for at least six decades.

‘The doctor said I had a tumour and that they needed to operate on me,’ she told CNN.

Estela had been married to her husband Manuel Gonzalez for 74 years but the couple had been unable to have children together.

She said they had both ‘suffered tremendously’. Manuel died in January aged 91.

Since the discovery of the foetus, Estela has said she now considers it a reminder of the baby the pair longed for.

Doctors have decided not to remove the foetus as it is too risky operating on a woman of Estela’s age.

Source: http://www.lagoslately.com/icredible-this-woman-has-been-pregnant-for-60-years/

Re: Incredible!!! This Woman Has Been Pregnant For 60 Years by eleko1: 5:25am On Aug 07, 2015
shocked
Re: Incredible!!! This Woman Has Been Pregnant For 60 Years by jomoh: 5:33am On Aug 07, 2015
really incredible
Re: Incredible!!! This Woman Has Been Pregnant For 60 Years by Nobody: 5:48am On Aug 07, 2015
Unbelievable! Op, stop this nah!!
Re: Incredible!!! This Woman Has Been Pregnant For 60 Years by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 07, 2015
Very possible..

We can also have Macerated baby... Which is worse and would have terminated her life long ago.
Anyway, the calcified baby must have been dead long ago... it poses little risk when compared to the former.

She needs to be Operated upon or better still left alone if her current clinical state is not deranged nor deteroriating.

(1) (Reply)

Adorable Photo Of Singer, Diamond Platnumz & His Day Old Daughter / Hilarious. Photo Of The Day. (pic) / Some Striking Facts You May Not Have Come Across

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.