Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Melissa Mccarthy: Fashion Should Always Be Fun - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Melissa Mccarthy: Fashion Should Always Be Fun (710 Views)

Melissa Mccarthy On Redbook's April Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Melissa Mccarthy: Fashion Should Always Be Fun by kayleyons(f): 8:13am On Aug 07, 2015
Melissa McCarthy never wants to fit into a fashion pigeonhole, so deliberately made her clothing line "random".

Melissa McCarthy doesn't think women should have to "pick a team" in fashion.

The actress revealed pieces from her plus-size clothing line Melissa McCarthy by Seven7 yesterday, with a Home Shopping Network debut following on August 13 and the official launch on September 1.

One of the things that inspired her was the idea that nobody should have to put themselves into a style pigeonhole.

http://www.kissydress.co.uk/mermaid-trumpet-prom-dresses

"You should never have to dress in a way that's 'appropriate,'" she explained, adding that her collection is deliberately "random".

"You shouldn't have to pick a team, pick a side, pick a mood. One day I want to wear a stylish little dress and a heel and the next day I want to wear ripped-up jeans and Converse. That's the fun in clothing."

Of course providing fashion to plus-size women is at the heart of her philosophy. Seeing models in her clothing felt overwhelming for Melissa, who is proud she can cater to their curves.

The 44-year-old star believes size should never hold anyone back and that the right outfit can work wonders.

"You feel like you're not invited to the same party as everybody else, and your self-esteem goes down," she said. "But if you feel pride in what you wear, you go out into the world with a little bit of joy and then you're a little nicer to this person and you smile at someone on the street who was maybe having a bad day. They're little things, but it starts to snowball. And if my clothes can be part of that - my God, I'd be so happy!"
http://www.kissydress.co.uk/blue-prom-dresses-online
Re: Melissa Mccarthy: Fashion Should Always Be Fun by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 07, 2015
She is right to some extent..
Re: Melissa Mccarthy: Fashion Should Always Be Fun by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:26am On Aug 07, 2015
My new best actress..... I love her smile

(1) (Reply)

Here Are The 5 Lipstick Shades That Everyone Needs / With Huge Collection, Oasis Leather Is The Crowning Women's Leather Jackets Manu / 2016....Possible Fashion/beauty Trends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.