Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,567 members, 7,816,386 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Today Is One Year Anniversary Of Ebola Salt Water Bath...what An Experience! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Today Is One Year Anniversary Of Ebola Salt Water Bath...what An Experience! (685 Views)

Brush Your Teeth Or Take A Bath...what Will It Be? / Man Taking His Bath On Lekki Epe Expressway (Photos) / Can Salt Water Prevent Pregnancy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Is One Year Anniversary Of Ebola Salt Water Bath...what An Experience! by justinenho: 12:19am On Aug 08, 2015
Happy anniversary to anyone who had an Ebola salt bath last year, today August 8th makes it exactly one year when this wonderful and great event happened! A day that about 75% of Nigerians partook in an unprecedented salt bath to prevent them from Ebola. For me It was a beautiful friday morning when the ringing sounds of my phone woke me from a sound sleep. At first i ignored the calls... but persistent ringing forced me to discover it was my sister calling. Answering came with the instructions to get up immediately and have bath with warm water and salt to prevent me from the dreaded EBOLA. I had a quick thought and discarded but then came another call from another sister with same instructions (inscribed in a scroll... lol) and then tones of calls upon calls just after which i started hearing noisy movements of people with buckets trying to have a bath of their lives... As a learned corper then and after many years in the Medical School i thought of the relationship between salt and ebola and had no correlation, and if i must have the bath why must it be that night? So i finally concluded with the saying "something must kill a man" and then switched of my phones and went back to sleep. This is a day most Nigerians will never forget in a hurry. Today should be marked all over d world as WORLD SALT BATH DAY!

What was your experience?
Did you have the bath?
Re: Today Is One Year Anniversary Of Ebola Salt Water Bath...what An Experience! by chocolateme(f): 12:19am On Aug 08, 2015
Pheww!! I still remember it.
Those moments of salt madness.. that moment when salt suddenly became a celebrity all thanks to some crazy chicks playing with Live wire in their hostel room.
Those moments when guys changed their style of fashion to leaving both hands permanently in their pockets and nodding to your greetings.
Those moments when semi unclad fashion for women reduced drastically.
Those moments when you sit in the bus and still try to avoid body contact with your neigbour.
Those moments when fear and anxiety catches you when you suddenly start feeling feverish, coughing, stooling or incessant headache.
It goes on and on........
Re: Today Is One Year Anniversary Of Ebola Salt Water Bath...what An Experience! by agoadiv(m): 12:21am On Aug 08, 2015
G
Re: Today Is One Year Anniversary Of Ebola Salt Water Bath...what An Experience! by PunterTim(m): 12:28am On Aug 08, 2015
Dad Called,Tellin Me Abt Hw I Needed To Hav A Salt Bath,I jus Agreed With Him N...

...Headed Back To Bed grin

D Tin Is I Dnt Lyk To Get Disturbed By Dat Tym In D Morning
Re: Today Is One Year Anniversary Of Ebola Salt Water Bath...what An Experience! by jammani(m): 12:30am On Aug 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Today Is One Year Anniversary Of Ebola Salt Water Bath...what An Experience! by PunterTim(m): 12:35am On Aug 08, 2015
chocolateme:
Pheww!! I still remember it.
Those moments of salt madness.. that moment when salt suddenly became a celebrity all thanks to she crazy chicks playing with Live wire in their hostel room.
Those moments when guys changed their style of fashion to leaving both hands permanently in their pockets and nodding to your greetings.
Those moments when semi unclad fashion for women reduced drastically.
Those moments when you sit in the bus and still try to avoid body contact with your neigbour.
Those moments when fear and anxiety catches you when you suddenly start feeling feverish, coughing, stooling or incessant headache.
It goes on and on........
D Fear Folks Can Hav For Dier Life Is Jus Incredibly Unbelievable...

Ure Gonna Die One Day,Jus Get On Wit It
Re: Today Is One Year Anniversary Of Ebola Salt Water Bath...what An Experience! by chocolateme(f): 12:43am On Aug 08, 2015
PunterTim:
D Fear Folks Can Hav For Dier Life Is Jus Incredibly Unbelievable...

Ure Gonna Die One Day,Jus Get On Wit It
who is gonna die one day dear?
Re: Today Is One Year Anniversary Of Ebola Salt Water Bath...what An Experience! by Olarewajub: 12:45am On Aug 08, 2015
Just incase
Re: Today Is One Year Anniversary Of Ebola Salt Water Bath...what An Experience! by PunterTim(m): 12:51am On Aug 08, 2015
chocolateme:
who is gonna die one day dear?
All Of Us,Bae

1 Like

Re: Today Is One Year Anniversary Of Ebola Salt Water Bath...what An Experience! by iamceejay(m): 2:44am On Aug 08, 2015
We have every reason as a nation to be grateful to God.

Meanwhile RIP to those that died cos of Ebola.

(1) (Reply)

Special Toilet Soft Seat Now Available In Nigeria / What Your Eye Colour Says About You / Zika Virus Alert!!! FG React.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.