Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,978 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? (13204 Views)

Pls Is This A Scam Interview Or Real / Visiting Lagos On Biz, Interview Or Exam, & Need A Place To Pass The Night? / Reasons Why Your CV Doesn't Get You A Job Interview Or Responses From Hr's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by platodeen(m): 12:30am On Aug 08, 2015
I smelt being called for an interview any moment from now, so i need the house's candid advice on whether to put on the normal shirt and trousers with the tie as i don't have suit and no longer interested in borrowing one.

Although, an insider emphasised on dressing well as part of the interview success.

But could dressing well mean putting on suit in such an occasion. Thanks
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by jammani(m): 12:40am On Aug 08, 2015
For the first time in my life, I am the first to comment. Please show me some luv

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by jamex93(m): 12:47am On Aug 08, 2015
go with ur shirt and tie

when u get the work u can go with ur suit or coat

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by tobybasten(m): 1:15am On Aug 08, 2015
platodeen:
I smelt being called for an interview any moment from now,i so i need d house's candid advice on whether to put on d normal shirt n trousers with d tie as i don't ave suit n no longer interested in borrowing one. Although, an insider emphasised on dressing well as part of d interview success.
But could dressing well mean putting on suit in such an occasion. Thanks

Don't be deceived, suit is perfect.
Infact, I like a white shirt, black suit and any tie of your choice. If you know the company's colour, use that for ur tie. Have a good hair cut. Your appearance means a lot especially if ure a fresh graduate.
Once again use your suit!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Mannylex(m): 2:41am On Aug 08, 2015
tobybasten:

Don't be deceived, suit is perfect.
Infact, I like a white shirt, black suit and any tie of your choice. If you know the company's colour, use that for ur tie. Have a good hair cut. Your appearance means a lot especially if ure a fresh graduate.
Once again use your suit!

You couldn't have said it any better.

OP , use a suit, except the job is not really worth it. For any interview with a standard company going there without a suit would only make you look less appealing and presentable.

7 Likes

Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 08, 2015
I prefer Agbada to suit grin

22 Likes

Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by LatestTrend: 8:59am On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by pocohantas(f): 8:59am On Aug 08, 2015
Just dress like Jidenna #ClassicMan

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by justi4jesu(f): 9:00am On Aug 08, 2015
Op i'll go for the Suit anyday. Thank me later cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by jaybee104(m): 9:00am On Aug 08, 2015
ok
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by lampardizik(m): 9:00am On Aug 08, 2015
Fdhg
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 08, 2015
No go on baggy jeans,and big t-shirt, and blings..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by idongesit88: 9:00am On Aug 08, 2015
Dress with corporate with good shirt, if u prefer suit ur choice BUT ''BE IN SUIT NOT ON SUIT''

7 Likes

Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Princess042(f): 9:01am On Aug 08, 2015
As a guy, I would advise that you wear a suit
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Nonybb: 9:01am On Aug 08, 2015
This Op called Platodeen is confused. He wasnt going for any interview but smelt one coming
>>I smelt being called for an interview any moment from now, so i need the house's candid advice
He made it known that he has been borrowing suit for such occassions and hence cant be totally oblivious of importance of it, but yet still went further to ask this question
>>on whether to put on the normal shirt and trousers with the tie as i don't have suit and no longer interested in borrowing one.

For someone that had gone severally for interviews he is still looking to see who is going to emphasis the importance of wearing a suit and then another dumb question followed >>
Although, an insider emphasised on dressing well as part of the interview success.
Then he asked one last dumb question But could dressing well mean putting on suit in such an occasion. Thanks
I have been warning the moderators to be warned on some irrelevant stuffs they made to appear on front page. This is ridiculous. When you post educative stuffs, it wouldnt appear here and when a bored dude type with his Nokia E63 with his MTN 10Mb it makes front page

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by jauntty: 9:01am On Aug 08, 2015
3 piece Suit....

And the interviewer willl think u gonna rip the company dry. grin

On a more serious note....either will do, just dress smart, neat and clean.

ABOVE ALL...Wear a Smile !!

8 Likes

Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Inioluwa01(m): 9:01am On Aug 08, 2015
Both

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 08, 2015
So you are thinking of starting your own business?

You are lost on how to go about it?

So many unanswered questions in your heart?

This article is for you my friend!

starting a business, all you need know
http://collegereap.com/start-a-business-today-all-you-need-to-know/
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by jmoore(m): 9:01am On Aug 08, 2015
Wear agbada

3 Likes

Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by lonelydora: 9:01am On Aug 08, 2015
Both are good. But always put on the suit to look more business-like.
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by johnwizey: 9:02am On Aug 08, 2015
Alaye put on ur native dress jare
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 08, 2015
All join jaree.
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by coldsummer: 9:02am On Aug 08, 2015
Go with your shirt an tie. Exude confidence but please don't over do it.

Dress simple try to smile, asked questions if necessary and you will be fine.

Take it from someone who is in core HR

8 Likes

Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by laurel03(m): 9:03am On Aug 08, 2015
Wear T shirt and Jean... Tell dem u like simple wears
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by NotNairalandi(m): 9:03am On Aug 08, 2015
black trouser with white long sleeve packet shirt is ok and moderate and don't forget to stuck in ur shirt!

Botton up and leave only one botton.

Goodluck!
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Youpele52: 9:03am On Aug 08, 2015
Y
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by denisbath(m): 9:03am On Aug 08, 2015
. ;Dk,just put on ur panties,then wear long sleeve shirt and do u knw what?,just go like that.
But should incase u don't take my advice and decided to wear suit,i dey sell suit material,just message me.
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by donbugy(m): 9:04am On Aug 08, 2015
Fresh spamming tools available.
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by sigiyaya(m): 9:04am On Aug 08, 2015
Just wear black boxers and white singlet with a brown tie and a well polished black shoe and forget to applying mosquito fleet on your body, these will make you look simple and cute grin grin grin
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by gbaskiboy: 9:04am On Aug 08, 2015
Wear Aso Oke, them go know say you be cultural person, so your Job is guarantee
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by ennysuccess(m): 9:04am On Aug 08, 2015
It depends on how cute u are
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by evatee(m): 9:04am On Aug 08, 2015
Go with new suit, tie, well polished shoe and correct shirt that portray the company's colour. Most important thing keep calm while responding to the qstns pose to u. Thank me later.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How True Is NYE (nigeria Youth Empowerment) .....[pictures] / Share Your Job Hunting Experience! / What Happened To Npower Creative And Npower Build?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.