Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? (4939 Views)

See This Wonderful WAEC Result. The Best So Far! / Have Any One Seen This Kind Of Charger Before? (pics) / "I Made This Wonderful Drawing While Am Still In Jss3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by charityexplicit(f): 7:54am On Aug 08, 2015
Have you ever seen this animal that changes colour according to its environment before? God is really perfect in his creations.What is it called in your language?specify the language. In my own language, its called Owáliò, (Igala)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by kossyablaze(m): 7:55am On Aug 08, 2015
Lol Chameleon...I neva c am o

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by tpiander: 8:07am On Aug 08, 2015
i've seen the song. angry
Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by orogodoganyin(m): 10:23am On Aug 08, 2015
i don't know wher ur 4rm buh chameleon is very random in my area. anyway, it's called oga or alagemo in my native tongue
Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by charityexplicit(f): 10:55am On Aug 08, 2015
orogodoganyin:
i don't know wher ur 4rm buh chameleon is very random in my area.
anyway, it's called oga or alagemo in my native tongue
what tribe is that pls?
Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by mzlizabelle(f): 11:45am On Aug 08, 2015
Óga....in yoruba language.
Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by orogodoganyin(m): 11:59am On Aug 08, 2015
charityexplicit:
what tribe is that pls?
yoruba

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by Noneroone(m): 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
yea i know it. A particular tribe also answer chameleon in Nigeria.
Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by iamrealdeji(m): 1:35pm On Aug 08, 2015
In my own language,Yoruba,chamelleon is called "ògà". That ìgalà in my tribe means antelope

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by iamrealdeji(m): 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
mzlizabelle:
Óga....in yoruba language.
you don't know it joor,you're not an original yoruba girl,me I'm òríjíná omo Yóòbá(In Odolaye Aremu's voice). its not Óga,its ògà. Óga means "it's/he's/she's tall" or it's high but ògà means Chameleon

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by anangboy(m): 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
Chameleons change their color by manipulating specialized cells called "chromatophores" that contain different colors of pigment. What this basically means is that any organism, whether protozoa or chordata, that possesses this cell can do this. We should also thank God too that white men can blush.

Since this phenomenon can be explained and modelled, OP, if you attribute this to "God", then we should also call scientists who can replicate this gods too.

This is the Education section, OP, let our kids learn the "WHY" of this life.

In annang, it is called "akuwe".

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by ApcSucks: 2:17pm On Aug 08, 2015
We call it oguma agala

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by mzlizabelle(f): 2:27pm On Aug 08, 2015
iamrealdeji:
you don't know it joor,you're not an original yoruba girl,me I'm òríjíná omo Yóòbá(In Odolaye Aremu's voice). its not Óga,its ògà. Óga means "it's/he's/she's tall" or it's high but ògà means Chameleon

Lol, like I knew it.
Someone was gonna mark wrong my "ami", thanks for the correction.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by iamrealdeji(m): 2:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
mzlizabelle:

Lol, like I knew it.
Someone was gonna mark wrong my "ami", thanks for the correction.
smiley mind you,cos of another time:
Dòremí
As in
Dò in kòtò (hole)
Re in ike (Plastic)
Mí in Síbí (Spoon)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by IamforGod: 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2015
anangboy:
Chameleons change their color by manipulating specialized cells called "chromatophores" that contain different colors of pigment. What this basically means is that any organism, whether protozoa or chordata, that possesses this cell can do this. We should also thank God too that white men can blush.

Since this phenomenon can be explained and modelled, OP, if you attribute this to "God", then we should also call scientists who can replicate this gods too.

Was it scientists that put the so called chromatophores there? Or was it scientists that made the chameleon?

No one is saying u shud nt be an atheist but let the op worship his God and you worship ur scientist. Everyone is entitled to his or her religion.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by tpiander: 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
Noneroone:
yea i know it.
A particular tribe also answer chameleon in Nigeria.

Looking for attention?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by ZACHIE: 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2015
Does a chameleon actually change its colors?
No. It does not .
Stop believing old fables

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by Esdb3: 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2015
anangboy:

I knew I'ld find a God hater here. So scientists explained the concept and the fact that God should be thanked for this is now invalid?

So Let's say God said let there be chameleon and humans saw an animal that can change it's color appear. Human beings now checking for how it works and giving its cells name now makes them greater than the creator?

Samsung makes a phone now for instance and I explain to the public how it works and all, that makes me what? Better than samsung? Greater than samsung? I should be given credit?

Can they replicate the entirety of the chameleon?

God made it, they described how it works now that is an avenue to say God doesn't exist? Mcthw.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by Esdb3: 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
IamforGod:

Was it scientists that put the so called chromatophores there? Or was it scientists that made the chameleon?

No one is saying u shud nt be an atheist but let the op worship his God and you worship ur scientist. Everyone is entitled to his or her religion.

God bless you! Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by Esdb3: 5:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
anangboy:

Practice your Religion and let others Practice theirs. Because atheism is now a religion where scientists are worshipped and science's arse is licked. So carry your own 'atheigelism' go one side abeg.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by BOWOTO(m): 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
anangboy:

Who ask you?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
looks like a former presido
Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
It is called Ogwumagala in my native tongue
Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by Atlantian: 9:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
Warn the reptile not to come to Lagos. If not, the Omonile will kill it and cook it.
Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by Leadn(m): 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
Do Chameleons exist in Nigeria? I didn't know... Haven't seen any.
Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by charityexplicit(f): 10:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
Lol, Igala is my own language
iamrealdeji:
In my own language,Yoruba,chamelleon is called "ògà". That ìgalà in my tribe means antelope

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by charityexplicit(f): 10:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
Atlantian:
Warn the reptile not to come to Lagos. If not, the Omonile will kill it and cook it.
lol
Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by shadrama(m): 10:14pm On Aug 08, 2015
Fake friends grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by charityexplicit(f): 10:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
Some ppl though, smh!
anangboy:

Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by Menace2Society(m): 10:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
ZACHIE:
Does a chameleon actually change its colors?
No. It does not .
Stop believing old fables
undecided
Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by ZACHIE: 11:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
Menace2Society:
undecided
Menace
Are you surprised to hear this ?
Re: Have You Ever Seen This Wonderful Reptile? by Physika(f): 11:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
There are many of 'em on NL.

Don't wanna mention monikers lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Few Extremely Unsettling Facts Around The World. / This Will Show If You Went To Private Or Public School / The Dumbest Deaths In Recorded History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.