Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Please If You Love Me, See This- If You Hate Me, Dont - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please If You Love Me, See This- If You Hate Me, Dont (760 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? / 5 Things We Hate About Microsoft Windows / Do You Hate Your Blog? I Can Help! Reloaded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please If You Love Me, See This- If You Hate Me, Dont by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 21, 2009
i have a site at modospot.com, i just created a subdomain using review.modospot.com and i want to access it so i can upload my content . how can i do this using file manager? i can access the modospot.com by going to index.html but i dont know where to go to access the subdomain. the control panel i use is cpanel. i guess you know that if i was to edit my domain modospot.com, i would do so by going to public html and clicking on index.html to put in my html code. so i want to know how i can do so for the subdomain i created which  is review.modospot.com and put in the html code i want to put for it. i can see the review folder but i dont know where to go in order to put in my content into it.

Thanks,
Re: Please If You Love Me, See This- If You Hate Me, Dont by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 22, 2009
while you were creating the subdomain, you specified a folder as where you want ur files for that sub-domain to reside.

by default, cpanel will set the folder for you as "review" (that is if no such folder exist.)
so check inside your public_html folder for the new review folder and put ur files in the review folder.

good luck
Re: Please If You Love Me, See This- If You Hate Me, Dont by SamMilla1(m): 11:43am On Mar 22, 2009
hope you understand what he said.

just look in your www or public_html. You will find a folder related to the 'review'.
open it. there resides another index.htm file.
Re: Please If You Love Me, See This- If You Hate Me, Dont by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 22, 2009
Hey Sammy, ao is the walls, thnx 4 those msgs
Re: Please If You Love Me, See This- If You Hate Me, Dont by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2009
Hi friends. . .and poster, you can create an ftp account on your control panel directly to that folder, so that when you login with those ftp credentials, the ftp client will go to that folder automatically.

Out of all these advices, you should find one that will work well for you. . . have a nice day.
Re: Please If You Love Me, See This- If You Hate Me, Dont by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 22, 2009
hi,
i am sorry to say this but all the suggestions didnt work out for me. I can see the review folder. But when i click on it, i dont know where to go in order to put in my content. people plz help me. the bone is really choking me.
Re: Please If You Love Me, See This- If You Hate Me, Dont by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 23, 2009
I am at a loss of what to say. . .possibly you did not follow all the instructions we gave properly or there is a problem somewhere. . .best thing is to chat with one of the regular developers around here whenever you see them online: yawatide, webdezzi, dhtml, baba sam . . . the list is endless . . .
Re: Please If You Love Me, See This- If You Hate Me, Dont by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 23, 2009
Problem fixed. Thanks yall. I love u all.
Re: Please If You Love Me, See This- If You Hate Me, Dont by Nobody: 3:26am On Mar 23, 2009
u welcome. . .good for you. . .!
Re: Please If You Love Me, See This- If You Hate Me, Dont by SamMilla1(m): 11:10pm On Mar 23, 2009
webdezzi:

Hey Sammy, ao is the walls, thnx 4 those msgs

welcome, we are doing ok

(1) (Reply)

Learn Java, Php,dynamic Website Design With Dhtml, Css, Flash, Fireworks, Swish / New Year / Join The Free Ebook Cover Design Tutorial Start From 11th - 16th January 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.