Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,889 members, 7,838,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Help: Worms - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help: Worms (1440 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Worms by viqSmallz(m): 8:55am On Aug 09, 2015
For some days now I tend to also squeeze out worms from my uncle's puppies bodies..dnt knw d cause.. firstly I thot twas brought by one stray dog(their sibling given to our neighbour but she isnt takin care of it) dt always comes to play..now its getting worse. woke up to see dt two of em was vomiting..nd one has d worm in its leg and its making it limp.. I m confused.. tho I tried to squeeze d worms but de kip coming and d dogs sef have stopped eating...looking lean.pls mke una tell me qat to do
Re: Help: Worms by Prodeegee(m): 8:57am On Aug 09, 2015
Flies! That's the cause. They lay eggs on your dog's skin. Clean your dogs living environment
Re: Help: Worms by viqSmallz(m): 9:05am On Aug 09, 2015
Prodeegee:
Flies! That's the cause. They lay eggs on your dog's skin. Clean your dogs living environment
I spray d environment myself wit pesticides...but not regularly ...I ll try to do more.wat about dem not eating and vomiting?..still flies?
Re: Help: Worms by Prodeegee(m): 9:36am On Aug 09, 2015
Re: Help: Worms by Prodeegee(m): 9:40am On Aug 09, 2015
viqSmallz:

I spray d environment myself wit pesticides...but not regularly ...I ll try to do more.wat about dem not eating and vomiting?..still flies?
probably intestinal worms. Godspearl or phebean008 can enlighten you better
Re: Help: Worms by viqSmallz(m): 10:34am On Aug 09, 2015
Cc Godspearl Cc phebean008 abeg u guys come help out
Re: Help: Worms by nickyvil: 12:36pm On Aug 09, 2015
That work is called maggot. Flies lay egg in open wound of the dog well the treatment is not that add if you have something to guide your dog from licking his/her wounds, the medications you applies on the affected part of all over your dog body then it good to go. First step you've done that by removing the worm(maggots) in the dogs body and still check all the body to see if there is none. You can scrape the affected part or if you can apply the medication very well it's okay but you must prevent the dog from licking. Go to vet shop, buy betadine solution for dogs it works perfectly on treating bacterial or skin infections so after you get it. Wash the infected part with it dry it up and spray non alcohol shampoo on it. After give your dog oral antibiotics it helps the dog body to heal. Lastly buy healing oil from the vet shop keep apply it every day. And try to deworm your dog.
Re: Help: Worms by viqSmallz(m): 12:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
[quote author=nickyvil post=36769539][/quote]
thanks will try dt out...tho I av calld a vet already...jus cant wait for dem to get better...de all look dull
Re: Help: Worms by nickyvil: 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2015
viqSmallz:

thanks will try dt out...tho I av calld a vet already...jus cant wait for dem to get better...de all look dull

Cool
Re: Help: Worms by Godspearl(f): 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
Ohh my!! I just saw this.How is the dog now?
Re: Help: Worms by Godspearl(f): 3:58pm On Aug 10, 2015
viqSmallz:

yes if its fly larva its gonna affect d appetite.and can cause lots of damage because d fly feeds on the dog .and supresses the dogs immunity leading to entrance of other infection .see a vet pls
Re: Help: Worms by viqSmallz(m): 4:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
Godspearl:
Ohh my!! I just saw this.How is the dog now?
A vet came...d two sick ones re getting better..at least its very evident on one of em...but d one dt wasn't sick jus fell ill today...waiting for d vet again
Re: Help: Worms by Seun(m): 4:55pm On Aug 10, 2015
Clear the weeds in your compound. The flies that those maggots come from often lay their eggs on grass. (And wet clothes on the line, btw)
Re: Help: Worms by viqSmallz(m): 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2015
Funny enough no weed in d house and dis is only happening to the puppies, d bigger dog is fine..tho always in its kennel during day time.
Re: Help: Worms by viqSmallz(m): 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
Godspearl:
yes if its fly larva its gonna affect d appetite.and can cause lots of damage because d fly feeds on the dog .and supresses the dogs immunity leading to entrance of other infection .see a vet pls
just came back home and found one pup dead...the remaining two are back to full health

(1) (Reply)

Touching! Cows Refuse To Live Dead Companion Hit On Highway / Pedigree Rott Pup,pitbull Pups, Solid Great Dane Pup Available! Head So Massive / URGENT - Vaginal Discharge From Female Dog.. Advise..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.