Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction (38446 Views)

Is Holy Ghost Fire Prayer Biblical? / Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? / Man Mocks Angry Pastor In Paris As He Was Shouting "Holy Ghost Fire" (pic,video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by nonnyno(m): 9:33am On Aug 09, 2015
Last Monday night I was awakened by the unusual screams and shouts of prayers emanating from a nearby compound. I quickly decided to pay attention to the pattern of the prayers which were somehow strange to me, coming from a catholic background. From my apartment I became an uninvited observer since the noise from the prayer had already ruined my precious sleep.

Throughout the prayer session, I noticed that shouts of ‘Holy Ghost Fire’ Fire, Fire and ‘die by fire’ dominated the prayers. This was repulsive and I thought to myself that it is one of the destructive patterns of prayers being propagated by some new generation churches nowadays. Not long ago I shared my thought with a colleague during an argument on this pattern of prayer especially the wrong use of the Holy Ghost Fire which I not only consider destructive but also dangerous. Coincidentally, I am sharing my thought again on this topic a week after the Pentecost was commemorated in our churches.

I was raised in a catholic family although my parents later converted to Assemblies of God which is also a moderate, not too aggressive or radical church. In Catholic Church we have routine pattern of prayer which we follow religiously and are not used to the destructive and offensive pattern of prayer that is somehow becoming in vogue in our churches that even the charismatic in the Catholic Church have copied it. Catholics are usually gentle and humble in prayers. They appeal and plead to God with great reverence and adulation, like a child seeking favour from his father. It is never in their nature to use coercion to obtain favours from God. That is exactly the way I was raised.

Until late 90s and early 2000, this kind of violent prayer pattern was not very rampant. It rather got sway immediately many prayer houses and new generation churches began to spring up in great numbers. In fact things took a new turn in our primordial prayer pattern once the hunger for spiritual powers and miracles stole the minds of Christians. Since then things have not been the same. Church has become a booming business where both the called and the uncalled compete with one another, each trying to outsmart the other. To reach the pinnacle of the business, some men of God have even gone fetish and brought in strategies that should not be ordinarily acceptable in Christianity religion. That is if churches are being regulated.Call it creativity or deception, but these men of God have a way of manipulating the bible and twisting the interpretations of the verses to bamboozle their followers and also suite their style of worship. They get their members spellbound that they forget themselves and start worshipping their pastors and not God. In some cases the pastors tame and hypnotize their followers that they lose their common sense and become incapable of deciphering the good spirit from the bad spirit. Remember that the bible says that every spirit must be put to test but this is no longer adhered to. Christians are gradually losing their inner spiritual eyes as they are busy running after miracle workers and prophets who now decide their fates.

In their uncanny ways, some of these new generation pastors have come up with an aggressive pattern of prayer whereby members shout, scream, wail and issue threats to the devil and their enemies all in the name of prayer. I would not mention names of churches that operate in this way for security reasons but they are numerous, some very notable with large congregation. In these churches, prayer has now assumed a new dimension where we can issue commands and orders to God with boldness. They often refer to book of Matthew 11:12 where it says that the kingdom of God suffers violence and the violent men take it by force.

Now, to my main concern for writing on this topic which I mentioned earlier – that Holy Ghost fire is being abused and misused. Honestly, I cannot say if it is by mistake, lack of knowledge of the bible or ignorance that has made some Christians tend to misconceive the fire of the Holy Spirit for a destructive fire which can be used to attack and destroy the enemies and evil spirits at will. Holy Ghost fire is also being converted to missiles and other weapons of destructions that we now hear of Holy Ghost missile, Holy Ghost thunder, Holy Ghost arrows, Holy Ghost bullet etc in our churches. This is a very dangerous trend and must be addressed. That there is fire in Holy Ghost does not necessarily signify that it is a consuming fire which burns and hurt like the normal flames we know. The fire of the Holy Ghost is rather holy.

furthermore, in my quest to unearth the basis for which some of my fellow Christians had to adopt this style of prayer, I had to research my bible just to be sure that I am not the one that is ignorant of the teachings of Christ as I am not a wonderful bible student. The first thing that came to my mind during that spiritual exercise was where Jesus promised his disciples that he will send them a comforter, the Holy Spirit in John 16:7. The second was the book of Acts 2:1 – 47 where the Holy Spirit manifested himself to the disciples in a tongues of fire during the Pentecost and they started speaking in tongues. Fortunately, the Pentecost week just ended and the teachings during that period revolved mostly on what Christians should do to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. I am not wrong therefore to believe that the Holy Ghost is a helper, a comforter, a guide, a counselor, an advocate. I was more convinced after hearing the message of the pentecost that the Holy Spirit is friendly and not a wicked spirit.

How then did we come about this idea of using the Holy Spirit to destroy and attack the enemies of our faith? Could it be from the book of Hebrew 12:29 where it says that our God is a consuming fire? I searched more and deeper into the bible but did not see any verse where neither Jesus Christ nor the early disciples used the fire of the Holy Spirit to destroy things. It was not even used to cast away demons and the evil spirits rather we were instructed by Jesus in the book of Mark 16:17 to cast demons in his name. The much I know of the Holy Ghost fire is that it descends on believers and endow them with gifts which they will use to serve God. In fact, to the best of my understanding I see the Holy Ghost as a very benevolent, replenishing spirit which every Christian needs for renewal and to be equipped for the ultimate mission of propagating the gospel of Jesus Christ.

interestingly, the most striking aspect of this misnomer is the manner at which brethren respond and echo Holy Ghost fire when prayers are being said. I noticed from all the church programmes I have attended recently, that people participate more in prayers at that point where Holy Ghost fire is mentioned. Everybody suddenly gets involved in the prayer even those that had dozed off and where hitherto absent-minded. They would not mind screaming Holy Ghost fire the whole day provided that it is channeled at destroying and burning their enemies. In some ministries, members of the congregation are often asked to stretch their hands toward a certain direction and names will be mentioned while Holy Ghost fire will be echoed. I am guilty of this also but at some point in my Christian life I decided not to swallow every teaching hook, line and sinker without seeking to know if my bible supports it. After all we all have access to the bible.

My understanding is that our manner of praying is a reflection of our kind of persons. We are living in a wicked world full of evil and destructions. These evils are being perpetrated by people and not spirits. The hearts of men are evil and that is why in our prayers and in churches we unwittingly pour out our heart. It is malicious and vicious to wish our enemies dead to the extent of calling on Holy Ghost fire to come down and burn them to ashes. Some churches have even composed songs asking Holy Ghost fire to pursue and burn their enemies, this is wrong. Is it not the bible that says in the book of Matthew 5 verse 44 that we should love and pray for our enemies?I had once imaging what would be our fate should Holy Spirit hearken to these our malicious prayers and respond by fire, probably we will all be dead. God’s way is different from ours, anyway. He is not vindictive, he is not malicious and he is not destructive. He is a merciful God and that was why Jesus Christ forgave those that crucified him. Therefore as Christians, we must learn to forgive.

It is also disappointing that this pattern of prayer is more peculiar to the black Africans especially my Nigerian Christians as the Europeans who brought Christianity to the shores of Africa do not pray in this manner. Why should we Africans always identify with the negativism. The truth is that we often celebrate the travails of others and consciously or unconsciously we reflect it in our religious practices. I suggest we ponder and reflect on some of our actions as Christians to know if they are in consonance with the teachings of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Let us not be hypocrites that pay lip service and parade about with bible. I also doubt if any denomination can have such pattern of prayer entrenched in its doctrines because the bible still remain the basic tool and book of teachings in Christendom.

Whoever brainwashed us in this regard should realize that as Christians, we are expected to emulate the life and teachings of our lord and savior Jesus Christ. Therefore abusing and misusing the Holy Ghost fire makes our Christian faith to appear tenuous. I call on our religious leaders, clergies and religious bodies to help us correct this negative trend of using Holy Ghost fire as a weapon of destruction. I also wish to suggest that the ugly trend be looked into and our Christian folks reoriented on the basic tenets of the bible. Churches should also review their theology curriculum and hastily do away with any subject that encourages the aggressive and violent use of Holy Ghost fire as a weapon of destruction. Only those who love violence, pray in violent manner but Christianity does not support violence, after all Jesus Christ taught us humility and virtue, and not violence.

My advice to my fellow Christians is that we should stop following the bandwagon and the foolish majority,rather we should be watchful for there are many false prophets in town seeing visions and performing miracles. Do not be deceived by their antics.

https://chukwunonsoabugublog./2015/05/27/our-dangerous-prayers-using-holy-ghost-fire-as-a-weapon-of-destruction/

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by sluk(m): 9:36am On Aug 09, 2015
like playing football, our character remains unguarded during prayers.

2 Likes

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by Tallesty1(m): 9:44am On Aug 09, 2015
You need to attend MFM to see the real "Violent Prayer".

My head nearly fell off the first time I went there. It was war!

"Dies By Fire" seems to be their anthem.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by stan241(m): 10:22am On Aug 09, 2015
That die by fire mantra though, scary stuff

@op also the charismatic wing of the catholic church has been known to pray in that manner too

8 Likes

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by kristen12(f): 12:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by ZUBY77(m): 8:14am On Aug 16, 2015
Useless noise makers.

11 Likes

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by kulobyno: 8:14am On Aug 16, 2015
F
Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by psychologist(m): 8:14am On Aug 16, 2015
Followed a friend to a cele church last week!! ! Momajeya oo embarassed six hours we are still walking inside the Bush, we never reach church

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 16, 2015
embarassed
Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by Lasgidy1(m): 8:15am On Aug 16, 2015
Make I hear say I read all dat. D poster below me, please briefly summarize and xplain what d op means in one sentence pls.

2 Likes

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by ednut1(m): 8:15am On Aug 16, 2015
spreads mat, funny enuf they can show u bible verses dat support violent prayer.

2 Likes

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by DankemzI(m): 8:15am On Aug 16, 2015
Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by Titto93(m): 8:15am On Aug 16, 2015
Never has it been heard that God's presence was felt in a lousy environment but serene arena (like The GENTLE BREEZE)

Seriously, no matter how much I force myself to pray in a noise place it doesn't work.
The worst is people who say their private intention to your hearing that you can't even pray yours.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by omogidi234(m): 8:16am On Aug 16, 2015
Actually, me think the Holy Spirit can inspire you to pray in a specific way for a specific purpose but when the same pattern is being repeated then No comment.

2 Likes

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by horladmejy(m): 8:17am On Aug 16, 2015
Op hasn't seen generation curse at war....o ma she o

2 Likes

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by MasterG(m): 8:17am On Aug 16, 2015
My God is a God of Salvation. Our warfare is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers.....they don't die.....they can be bound and their activities curtailed or destroyed

4 Likes

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by SylarsMcQuins: 8:18am On Aug 16, 2015
Go straight to the point man, aint no fan of the phrase "violent taketh it by force" or whatever buh if that works for them how is it then your problem?.

Think about yours and move on instead of criticizing the ways and patterns of others

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by Viktor1983(m): 8:18am On Aug 16, 2015
Mountain Of Fire and co. where una dey ?

Bros OP say holy ghost no be AK47.....

3 Likes

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by Emmzalon: 8:18am On Aug 16, 2015
The situation and state of our nation needs it my broda. If it's Holy Ghost fire that will destroy book haram and ritualist Abeg mk we fire dey go

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by hopeyemih(m): 8:19am On Aug 16, 2015
@O.P the whites who brought catholism to us dont have the wicked evil forces we have here in Africa..i just pray you dont get faced with a problem bigger than you.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by ascholani09(m): 8:22am On Aug 16, 2015
Dats their problem.since dey av decided to do wat is clearly wrong.. Watin man go do now.. .. undecided
Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by donholy28(m): 8:24am On Aug 16, 2015
That's d prayer that moves mountains... d one d devil hears and run not those feeble rehearsed Catholic prayers....first day i visited Catholic church everything seemed rehearsed, priest talking in tones,people bowing to idol?..d next Sunday everything was also done exactly...nothing new

9 Likes

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by Cleanman(m): 8:25am On Aug 16, 2015
front page baby !

1 Like

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by darkhorizon: 8:29am On Aug 16, 2015
nonnyno:

Last Monday night I was awakened by the unusual screams and shouts of prayers emanating from a nearby compound. I quickly decided to pay attention to the pattern of the prayers which were somehow strange to me, coming from a catholic background. From my apartment I became an uninvited observer since the noise from the prayer had already ruined my precious sleep.

Throughout the prayer session, I noticed that shouts of ‘Holy Ghost Fire’ Fire, Fire and ‘die by fire’ dominated the prayers. This was repulsive and I thought to myself that it is one of the destructive patterns of prayers being propagated by some new generation churches nowadays. Not long ago I shared my thought with a colleague during an argument on this pattern of prayer especially the wrong use of the Holy Ghost Fire which I not only consider destructive but also dangerous. Coincidentally, I am sharing my thought again on this topic a week after the Pentecost was commemorated in our churches.

I was raised in a catholic family although my parents later converted to Assemblies of God which is also a moderate, not too aggressive or radical church. In Catholic Church we have routine pattern of prayer which we follow religiously and are not used to the destructive and offensive pattern of prayer that is somehow becoming in vogue in our churches that even the charismatic in the Catholic Church have copied it. Catholics are usually gentle and humble in prayers. They appeal and plead to God with great reverence and adulation, like a child seeking favour from his father. It is never in their nature to use coercion to obtain favours from God. That is exactly the way I was raised.

Until late 90s and early 2000, this kind of violent prayer pattern was not very rampant. It rather got sway immediately many prayer houses and new generation churches began to spring up in great numbers. In fact things took a new turn in our primordial prayer pattern once the hunger for spiritual powers and miracles stole the minds of Christians. Since then things have not been the same. Church has become a booming business where both the called and the uncalled compete with one another, each trying to outsmart the other. To reach the pinnacle of the business, some men of God have even gone fetish and brought in strategies that should not be ordinarily acceptable in Christianity religion. That is if churches are being regulated.Call it creativity or deception, but these men of God have a way of manipulating the bible and twisting the interpretations of the verses to bamboozle their followers and also suite their style of worship. They get their members spellbound that they forget themselves and start worshipping their pastors and not God. In some cases the pastors tame and hypnotize their followers that they lose their common sense and become incapable of deciphering the good spirit from the bad spirit. Remember that the bible says that every spirit must be put to test but this is no longer adhered to. Christians are gradually losing their inner spiritual eyes as they are busy running after miracle workers and prophets who now decide their fates.

In their uncanny ways, some of these new generation pastors have come up with an aggressive pattern of prayer whereby members shout, scream, wail and issue threats to the devil and their enemies all in the name of prayer. I would not mention names of churches that operate in this way for security reasons but they are numerous, some very notable with large congregation. In these churches, prayer has now assumed a new dimension where we can issue commands and orders to God with boldness. They often refer to book of Matthew 11:12 where it says that the kingdom of God suffers violence and the violent men take it by force.

Now, to my main concern for writing on this topic which I mentioned earlier – that Holy Ghost fire is being abused and misused. Honestly, I cannot say if it is by mistake, lack of knowledge of the bible or ignorance that has made some Christians tend to misconceive the fire of the Holy Spirit for a destructive fire which can be used to attack and destroy the enemies and evil spirits at will. Holy Ghost fire is also being converted to missiles and other weapons of destructions that we now hear of Holy Ghost missile, Holy Ghost thunder, Holy Ghost arrows, Holy Ghost bullet etc in our churches. This is a very dangerous trend and must be addressed. That there is fire in Holy Ghost does not necessarily signify that it is a consuming fire which burns and hurt like the normal flames we know. The fire of the Holy Ghost is rather holy.

furthermore, in my quest to unearth the basis for which some of my fellow Christians had to adopt this style of prayer, I had to research my bible just to be sure that I am not the one that is ignorant of the teachings of Christ as I am not a wonderful bible student. The first thing that came to my mind during that spiritual exercise was where Jesus promised his disciples that he will send them a comforter, the Holy Spirit in John 16:7. The second was the book of Acts 2:1 – 47 where the Holy Spirit manifested himself to the disciples in a tongues of fire during the Pentecost and they started speaking in tongues. Fortunately, the Pentecost week just ended and the teachings during that period revolved mostly on what Christians should do to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. I am not wrong therefore to believe that the Holy Ghost is a helper, a comforter, a guide, a counselor, an advocate. I was more convinced after hearing the message of the pentecost that the Holy Spirit is friendly and not a wicked spirit.

How then did we come about this idea of using the Holy Spirit to destroy and attack the enemies of our faith? Could it be from the book of Hebrew 12:29 where it says that our God is a consuming fire? I searched more and deeper into the bible but did not see any verse where neither Jesus Christ nor the early disciples used the fire of the Holy Spirit to destroy things. It was not even used to cast away demons and the evil spirits rather we were instructed by Jesus in the book of Mark 16:17 to cast demons in his name. The much I know of the Holy Ghost fire is that it descends on believers and endow them with gifts which they will use to serve God. In fact, to the best of my understanding I see the Holy Ghost as a very benevolent, replenishing spirit which every Christian needs for renewal and to be equipped for the ultimate mission of propagating the gospel of Jesus Christ.

interestingly, the most striking aspect of this misnomer is the manner at which brethren respond and echo Holy Ghost fire when prayers are being said. I noticed from all the church programmes I have attended recently, that people participate more in prayers at that point where Holy Ghost fire is mentioned. Everybody suddenly gets involved in the prayer even those that had dozed off and where hitherto absent-minded. They would not mind screaming Holy Ghost fire the whole day provided that it is channeled at destroying and burning their enemies. In some ministries, members of the congregation are often asked to stretch their hands toward a certain direction and names will be mentioned while Holy Ghost fire will be echoed. I am guilty of this also but at some point in my Christian life I decided not to swallow every teaching hook, line and sinker without seeking to know if my bible supports it. After all we all have access to the bible.

My understanding is that our manner of praying is a reflection of our kind of persons. We are living in a wicked world full of evil and destructions. These evils are being perpetrated by people and not spirits. The hearts of men are evil and that is why in our prayers and in churches we unwittingly pour out our heart. It is malicious and vicious to wish our enemies dead to the extent of calling on Holy Ghost fire to come down and burn them to ashes. Some churches have even composed songs asking Holy Ghost fire to pursue and burn their enemies, this is wrong. Is it not the bible that says in the book of Matthew 5 verse 44 that we should love and pray for our enemies?I had once imaging what would be our fate should Holy Spirit hearken to these our malicious prayers and respond by fire, probably we will all be dead. God’s way is different from ours, anyway. He is not vindictive, he is not malicious and he is not destructive. He is a merciful God and that was why Jesus Christ forgave those that crucified him. Therefore as Christians, we must learn to forgive.

It is also disappointing that this pattern of prayer is more peculiar to the black Africans especially my Nigerian Christians as the Europeans who brought Christianity to the shores of Africa do not pray in this manner. Why should we Africans always identify with the negativism. The truth is that we often celebrate the travails of others and consciously or unconsciously we reflect it in our religious practices. I suggest we ponder and reflect on some of our actions as Christians to know if they are in consonance with the teachings of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Let us not be hypocrites that pay lip service and parade about with bible. I also doubt if any denomination can have such pattern of prayer entrenched in its doctrines because the bible still remain the basic tool and book of teachings in Christendom.

Whoever brainwashed us in this regard should realize that as Christians, we are expected to emulate the life and teachings of our lord and savior Jesus Christ. Therefore abusing and misusing the Holy Ghost fire makes our Christian faith to appear tenuous. I call on our religious leaders, clergies and religious bodies to help us correct this negative trend of using Holy Ghost fire as a weapon of destruction. I also wish to suggest that the ugly trend be looked into and our Christian folks reoriented on the basic tenets of the bible. Churches should also review their theology curriculum and hastily do away with any subject that encourages the aggressive and violent use of Holy Ghost fire as a weapon of destruction. Only those who love violence, pray in violent manner but Christianity does not support violence, after all Jesus Christ taught us humility and virtue, and not violence.

My advice to my fellow Christians is that we should stop following the bandwagon and the foolish majority,rather we should be watchful for there are many false prophets in town seeing visions and performing miracles. Do not be deceived by their antics.

https://chukwunonsoabugublog./2015/05/27/our-dangerous-prayers-using-holy-ghost-fire-as-a-weapon-of-destruction/
. xtainity is a religion where all of dem don't trust or believe in their own system,imagine this catholic dude feeling superior to newage church goers,..soon we will hhea r them say catholic churches are better than Methodist churches(the oldest church system in Nigeria followed by Anglican) SMH for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by donholy28(m): 8:29am On Aug 16, 2015
Am yet to see how saying d rosary by Catholics perform miracles

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by unitysheart(m): 8:31am On Aug 16, 2015
Prayer warriors dem. Dem be like baal worshipers who shouted from morning till night after cutting their bodies to bring out blood, yet nothing happened. Prophet Elijah offered a sanitized prayer and it did the magic. Smh...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by ojnnaco(m): 8:31am On Aug 16, 2015
D person praying must be from mountain of fire ministry ...Dats why its not advisable to build Mountain of fire church near a Petrol station ..cox it might caught fire

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by docadams: 8:34am On Aug 16, 2015
We seem to know more than God Almighty, especially, in Nigeria.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by Adedoks(m): 8:37am On Aug 16, 2015
With all respect to the Op n people on this thread... Christianity is deeper than you think... Warfare prayers is one part of our christian faith that cannot be neglected if you belong in this generation n ure geniune child of the Almighty.. listen the times we're in are hard n mysterious n the lord is raising an army who will fight for his kingdom... I don't wanna get u guys confused. Its just sad most Christians are still babes... 3 categories of Christian... 1.milk christians 2.meat christians 3.Bone Crackers

4 Likes

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 16, 2015
nonnyno:

I am not wrong therefore to believe that the Holy Ghost is a helper, a comforter, a guide, a counselor, an advocate.

1 Like

Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by MyX1: 8:42am On Aug 16, 2015
Too Bad!
Re: Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction by missKiffy(f): 8:45am On Aug 16, 2015
hopeyemih:
@O.P the whites who brought catholism to us dont have the wicked evil forces we have here in Africa..i just pray you dont get faced with a problem bigger than you.
God bless you for that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Wonder If There Is A God / Nigerian Man States Best Day To Get A Wife In Church, Not Sunday / My Throwback Picture Ministering In Church As A Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.