Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,445 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

My Experience With A Dishonest Employer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience With A Dishonest Employer (19266 Views)

How Long Did It Take Your Current Employer To Call You After Interview? / The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State / If A Prospective Employer Sends This Kind Of Mail, What Does It Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 10, 2015
Greetings to all Nairalanders, I feel very sad and angry to write this and also to warn everyone to be careful of who to trust when it comes to Job seeking.

On 28th of July, 2015, I was job hunting on nairaland as usual when I came across an urgent vacancy for an administrative manager for a video production firm. I contacted the OP almost immediately from the contact he posted, after much inquiries and discussion over the phone, he asked if I could meet him at his office that same day to which I obliged and after meeting, he concluded I should start work on 3rd of august 2015.

Prior to the date I was supposed to resume, I had 2 other job offers which I forgo because this particular one was closer to my place of residence than the rest. I went to the office at the supposed resumption date all dressed up at the agreed time to find the place locked up, I waited for about 2hrs while calling my employer but he did not take my calls. After this agonizing 2hrs of waiting, he sent me a text that he was in a meeting and very busy, I waited some more time before finally leaving. After then, I have been calling him and he gave different kind of stories and excuses even stopped responding to my calls and messages but all proved I am not having the Job again after losing my other Options.

Presently, to say I feel hurt is an understatement. I wont publish the name of the company or the guy himself but I have handed him over to the almighty God who is the supreme Judge. May God judge him. Please friends, be very careful who you trust, dont ever forgo any opportunity for another even when its sure you got it.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by abobss(m): 7:45am On Aug 10, 2015
really? ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by heykims(m): 7:45am On Aug 10, 2015
hmm
Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by Bacteriocin(m): 7:45am On Aug 10, 2015
Eeya
Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by HungerBAD: 7:48am On Aug 10, 2015
OP if you will not publish his name and Company's name, then why bring it here at all? one of the reasons people gather on this website is to help each other.

Hiding that vital information, makes you look selfish to me. Why not put it here, so other Nairalanders don't fall victim to this same man or his company.

Do the needful.

159 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by LaurelP(m): 7:50am On Aug 10, 2015
In this perilous times? To loose 3 whole job offers. Pls take heart, maybe they weren't meant for you.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 10, 2015
All these happened just within 5 days? And it is within those 5 days you had other 2 job offers? And why do you think this company behaved this way? Were they closing shop or something? Cos its not as if they are operating and they told you that they aren't employing you any longer, cos you just said they 'locked up' office. What did you discussed with them about the employment on its own when you went there? And is not that he even collected money from you before asking you to start work! Too many questions begging for answers!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by heykims(m): 7:55am On Aug 10, 2015
But how come u let go two jobs just between July 28 nd August 3, well I know this is just to spice up the story..

Its quite bad anyway but I really don't expect u to be so much disappointed considering that the whole scene span a few days though it's a huge psychological blow for one who'd thought he'd got a job to later realise he was deceived..

All the best in ur job search op...

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by kennynelcon(m): 7:57am On Aug 10, 2015
You should have used those 2hrs for other interviews.

Post d company's name to prevent another "had I known "

Did you see GNLD sticker on the door?

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 10, 2015
Truth is I dont want it to look like I am intentionally blackmailing them because of what they did to me, I ll rather let God fight for me while I hold my peace, moreover whatever didnt work for me through them might work for someone else. I am just trying to share my experience for people to learn 1 or 2 things from.

HungerBAD:
OP if you will not publish his name and Company's name, then why bring it here at all? one of the reasons people gather on this website is to help each other.

Hiding that vital information, makes you look selfish to me. Why not put it here, so other Nairalanders don't fall victim to this same man or his company.

Do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by HungerBAD: 8:01am On Aug 10, 2015
tayotayotayo:
Truth is I dont want it to look like I am intentionally blackmailing them because of what they did to me, I ll rather let God fight for me while I hold my peace, moreover whatever didnt work for me through them might work for someone else. I am just trying to share my experience for people to learn 1 or 2 things from.

That is the problem.

Your post does not share anything for anybody to learn from. Aside you waiting for hours for him, and him not picking up your calls. There is nothing one can say about your post.

But if you are not sharing anything else, then that is okay. But, know the information you are hiding might help another Nairalander.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 10, 2015
I've had previous interviews before this one came, for 1 of the 2 jobs I lost, I was suppose to go for an oral interview on 30th of july and will start work that same 3rd of august all things being equal. For the 2nd Job I was also suppose to resume of 31st of July, so u can see its not a spiced up story

heykims:
But how come u let go two jobs just between July 28 nd August 3, well I know this is just to spice up the story..

Its quite bad anyway but I really don't expect u to be so much disappointed considering that the whole scene span a few days though it's a huge psychological blow for one who'd thought he'd got a job to later realise he was deceived..

All the best in ur job search op...

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 10, 2015
It is a music/ video production company, they produce music/videos for some of the popular musicians/actors u know. Their work is always on location or studio which is a different compartment in the building, you cant enter the building except you have an appointment there. It is always closed. N.B my supposed office is a compartment attached to the building but facing outside, so all inquiries, visitors, payments and co will have a first contact with me more like a front desk officer except some added functions

modelmike7

post=36797084:

All these happened just within 5 days? And it is within those 5 days you had other 2 job offers? And why do you think this company behaved this way? Were they closing shop or something? Cos its not as if they are operating and they told you that they aren't employing you any longer, cos you just said they 'locked up' office. What did you discussed with them about the employment on its own when you went there? Too many questions begging for answers!
Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 10, 2015
Its not GNLD, its a company u ll know if u are conversant with Nigerian music/videos

kennynelcon:
You should have used those 2hrs for other interviews.

Post d company's name to prevent another "had I known "

Did you see GNLD sticker on the door?
Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 10, 2015
Op, My question now is what do you want us to do? undecided

22 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 10, 2015
HungerBAD:

That is the problem.

Your post does not share anything for anybody to learn from. Aside you waiting for hours for him, and him not picking up your calls. There is nothing one can say about your post.

But if you are not sharing anything else, then that is okay. But, know the information you are hiding might help another Nairalander.
So if she doesn't mention the company's name, then she has said nothing?
She's only telling people to be more careful and accord less trust... It's a general advice, it isn't peculiar to the company. ..
Though saying the name of the company would have spiced her story and attracted more views but she doesn't want, so?

She has also said the company isn't fake just that she had an unfortunate experience with them so some other person may be fortunate with them... Besides, we haven't heard from the employer too, they may have their own story..

From all indications, OP just wants to vent and ease off and not necessarily to drag the company's name to the mud.. I guess she feels better now having let everything out....

24 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by Melahou(m): 9:40am On Aug 10, 2015
dont ever forgo any opportunity for another even when its sure you got it.

its not always the case...you were just unfortunate

sorry all the same

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by jashar(f): 10:08am On Aug 10, 2015
So, lemme get this straight. You did all the interviews and negotiations via phone?

Who called who for the interview? I know some companies have phone interviews, but there's always a point before the offer is made and agreed to that both parties have to meet.

From there, you can deduce whether or not they are seious and legit.
Pele o. OP.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 10, 2015
With all due respect, Read and understand well before commenting.

jashar:
So, lemme get this straight. You did all the interviews and negotiations via phone?

Who called who for the interview? I know some companies have phone interviews, but there's always a point before the offer is made and agreed to that both parties have to meet.

From there, you can deduce whether or not they are seious and legit.
Pele o. OP.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by asscb(f): 10:42am On Aug 10, 2015
tayotayotayo:
With all due respect, Read and understand well before commenting.

give details please... embarassed

or forget this thread angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by iguita: 11:02am On Aug 10, 2015
She does not have to give more details. I think the CEO is possibly busy. At least he has not molested you or collected money for form from you. A lot of times we plan A only for B to surface. Let's hope the CEO will contact you to start work so you do not loose multiple job opportunities for nothing.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by kulobyno: 11:47am On Aug 10, 2015
Na so e be
Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by free2ryhme: 11:47am On Aug 10, 2015
This is a clear case of you not being smart

how would you forego other job opportunities when you have not even seen what you want to do for the company not to talk of signing your employment contract.

Even God will be angry with you

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by steppin: 11:47am On Aug 10, 2015
@Op,
You lost the job? So?
Shiit happens!
You're still alive and well...move on.
Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 10, 2015
undecided

Presently, to say I feel hurt is an understatement. I wont publish the name of the company or the guy himself but I have handed him over to the almighty God who is the supreme Judge. May God judge him. Please friends, be very careful who you trust, dont ever forgo any opportunity for another even when its sure you got it.

Yesterday was a Sunday, he'd have gone to church and asked for forgiveness, and God won't do nothing to him...

So you better state the name of this person and his coy, so other young minds can watch out for his hopeless employments.

Somehow tho, I believe he has nothing to gain to have done this to you, not like you already worked for him, I just think he should have explained what went wrong, because something definitely went south...

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by expertman(m): 11:48am On Aug 10, 2015
Hmmmm what a story !

Happy Monday pals .

This week is gonna be a week of multiple restoration and unparalleled favour.

Amen

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by boboLIL(m): 11:48am On Aug 10, 2015
Thank u for sharing dis
Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by boboLIL(m): 11:50am On Aug 10, 2015
Sorry oh
Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 11:50am On Aug 10, 2015
mm
Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by chichriso: 11:51am On Aug 10, 2015
ok
Re: My Experience With A Dishonest Employer by delishpot: 11:51am On Aug 10, 2015
Why hide his identity? So he can treat others sane way ba? To hand him over to God doesnt mean you shouldnt cry out and expose him. Unkess you dey fear say him fit corner you as in he knows your personal details now and so you are afraid of tge outcome then I understand you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help Me Thank God...i Got The Job!!! / UBA Assessment Test / Who Know Anything About Cflead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.