Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,669 members, 7,837,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

The Igbo Man And His Business Wizardry - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Igbo Man And His Business Wizardry (889 Views)

Nigerian Man And His Italian Based Look-Alike (Photos) / Cow Attacks A Man And His Wife In Aba, Destroys Their Car (Pics) / The Tallest Man And Woman Ever In The World (photos And Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Igbo Man And His Business Wizardry by Fancylife(m): 11:43am On Aug 10, 2015
I have had the privilege of visiting and spending some days in atleast 16 states of the Federation, plus the FCT, making it 17. In the course of my visits and stay in these states, especially the ones outside the South East, I have noticed that I hardly find it difficult knowing which business venture belongs to an Igbo man. Infact, in over 90 percent of the time, I am usually correct in my assumption that a particular business venture belongs to an Igbo man. And the reasons are not farfetched. The igbo man is the king of packaging. The way he co-ordinates and arranges his business can only leave you with admiration. His organizational skill when it comes to his business is first class! He wants his business venture to be different from the rest, in a positive way. Behind this drive to package his business well is the igbo man's ambitious nature. He has tall dreams, and more often than not, he ends up achieving them. The average igbo has real dreams of building a fine house and driving a very good car in future. He believes that in selling even tissue papers, he can one day become a millionaire and live large. What does he do to achieve these dreams of his? He strategizes on how to grow his business from scratch and one day become a big player in that line of business. It may take him years, but he will most likely achieve it. Again, there is no ethnic nationality that acts in true belief of ONE NIGERIA than the igbo nation. And I say this without any fear of contradiction whatsoever! Let me explain. All over Nigeria, apart from the natives of any place, the next ethnic group with the highest number of house owners in that place are the Igbos. From East to West, North to South, the evidence in support of this are legion! The Igbo business man adopts his host community as his second home(sometimes even as his first home). Admittedly, business/economic considerations in addition to love for one Nigeria, contributes to this his decision to build a house in his host community. But this is also one of the things that makes an Igbo man a wizard of business (especially trading). Unfortunately, a lot of people from other ethnic nationalities misconstrue the Igbo man's ambitiousness and business ingenuity to mean an inordinate love for money. Little wonder you hear things like "Igbo man, you too like money". But come on! We all do! Everyone likes money, lots of it, actually. But because the Igbo business man does not just want to settle for "very good" when "excellent" is possible, he devices ingenious ways to excel in his business. The result is that some others tag him a cheat, a greedy fellow, a shylock. The Igbo business man understands that ambition is not to be made on a sterner stuff. Ndeewo nu!

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Man And His Business Wizardry by chocolateme(f): 11:44am On Aug 10, 2015
That's why Igbo man is always independent,
Hunger can never kill Igbo man..
That's why they are most hated especially because of their huslling spirits.
It is well.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Join The Best Bbm Channel On Entertainment / LMAO, Very Soon This Will Start To Happen In Naija / FUTA Student Commits Suicide After Finding Out He Will Be Having An Extra Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.