Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,737 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Read This If You Are A Blogger Or Want To Be A Blogger - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Read This If You Are A Blogger Or Want To Be A Blogger (330 Views)

9 Signs You Will Never Succeed As A Blogger / If You Are An Entrepreneur Or Want To Be One Or Looking For A Job, Try This / Have A Business Or Want To Start One? Read This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Read This If You Are A Blogger Or Want To Be A Blogger by sydraay: 12:11am On Aug 11, 2015
I think if you are passionate about anything and you want to help people; entertain, inform, or educate them, then you should be a blogger.

To be straight-to-the-point, as to not bore those that are bloggers already and for the benefit of those that do not know about it. As a blogger, you write and you post your write-ups with or without pictures, you could even do videos.

Now, this is why I decided to write this piece. Below is what you need to have at the back of your mind to be a blogger and if you are a blogger and have missed them, its never too late. These are facts from successful bloggers.

1. It should not be about the money, but about the passion. 'Leave story for storytellers' right? Well frankly, you can become rich blogging. But you wouldn't last and will eventually give up, if the 'mulla' was what drove you into blogging.

2. Be yourself, it may be difficult competing with the big guns, so find your own unique voice. Tell the story, everyone loves a good story. Do this - think creatively instead of competitively.

3. Try to not make it ALL about you. That's if the blog is about you and things you do. Engage. If you want an audience, and then want to keep an audience, engage with them. This should show in your skill with words. I don't mean big words. Make a reader feel like he/she is in a room with you listening to what you are saying. Just try.

4. Never stop learning. There's always something new out there. Become well versed in multiple skill sets. Everything matters - experience, research skills, how to do this or that; bring in all as a blogger.

5. See eh, you can actually blog for very long years and only your family and a few friends will read or visit your blog. It could get to you, especially when you had hoped to start making money at some point from it, at least to pay for hosting na. I am a Nigerian and my sincere advice is, "try to lay your hands on a job that allows you time for your blog". 'Not so many', I know. But you must not blog everyday na. Simply, in some of your posts try to make your readers know the reason for the delays and how you are working hard to provide them with contents on your blog. That way if someone visits your blog for one, two days and no new content, the person won't say - "this blogger thinks owning a website is owning a facebook account".

6. Do not make mistakes in your posts, it just pisses readers off!!. 'You wan blind person? Nobody is chasing you, go through your post. A fellow writer may tolerate it, knowing the stress sometimes, but no reader will. In short, they will wonder who you want to enlighten with your 'see-and-go-blind'. Marry your dictionary and improve your vocabulary. Most of us do not know that 'unserious' is incorrect.
Remember, 'quality not quantity'.

7. Do not write what you are not interested in. May be just to attract huge traffic, you 'dive' into what is popular, but doesn't really interest you. Chances of you getting a good post out there is slim, because there isn't any interest. You will only bore your readers and make them see that you are actually struggling to write. They will erase 'visiting your blog' from their minds and run to who is doing it well.

8. Networking should be your biggest priority. If you are a blogger, statements like 'I don't know how to maintain relationships' should be the last thing that should come out of your mouth, let alone 'I don't like making new friends'. If this is your case, then you see that 'very long years' I said in No 5, add 'very very'. If you don't know how to, learn.

9. Check blogger.com and to learn and start blogging. People can be cruel, they can register your domain - that is, take away the and wordpress, as theirs, when they see that your blog is promising. So you may have to do that yourself sooner than you thought.
Source : www.edondo.com/2015/08/read-this-if-you-are-a-blogger-or-want-to-be-a-blogger

(1) (Reply)

House Of Niviek Magazine Advert Informations / How To Find The Best Surveillance Camera System For Your Home And Business. / Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.