Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Please Help with the Explanation Of Loan Amortization - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help with the Explanation Of Loan Amortization (747 Views)

Full Explanation On How I Make 160k Plus In 2 Weeks Selling This NEW Product / I AM IN NEED OF LOAN TO REPAY WITH INTEREST IN 3 MONTHS / The Price Club: The New Nigerian Naira (best Layman's Explanation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help with the Explanation Of Loan Amortization by agabaI23(m): 11:35am On Aug 11, 2015
Can any banker explain loan amortization to me?

A bank offers you a facility at 21% interest. You check what you will be repaying using loan amortization calculator, it gives 35% interest on the principal. Is their any alternative to loan amortization? Is it operational in Nigeria?

What is loan amortization?

lalasticlala, Ishilove, I need some professional insight. Google did not explain much
Re: Please Help with the Explanation Of Loan Amortization by agabaI23(m): 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2015
Bankers in the house
Can you through some light?
Re: Please Help with the Explanation Of Loan Amortization by agabaI23(m): 8:33pm On Aug 11, 2015
adedayor08:
A = payment Amount per period
P = initial Principal (loan amount)
r = interest rate per period
n = total number of payments or periods
Thanks

I have got some other questions in my post. Can you attempt them?
Re: Please Help with the Explanation Of Loan Amortization by agabaI23(m): 8:45pm On Aug 11, 2015
adedayor08:

what are the questions ? share it with me
Thnaks

1. Is that the only method loan repayment in Nigeria?
2. Are there other options?
3. Why should a bank say 21% when in actual sense, it is 35%?
Re: Please Help with the Explanation Of Loan Amortization by agabaI23(m): 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
adedayor08:

1 amortization is just a simplification of rather tedious explanation of loan so other methods should yield same result ( all things beeing equal)
2. methods such as simple interest wont work cos are paying installmentally and their is re-investment assuption attached.
3 . u will pay 25 percent on capital owed so, the total amount paid as interest will vary depending on duration, if u choose a shorter pay back period, ur total interest paid may be less than actual 25 percent
So there is a mandatory 25% on the principal? You are making more sense. So that whatever the rate offered, it can't be less than 25% in simple interest terms (permit me to to use that).

makes sense. I was demanding such explanation today from a marketer and she was trying to blackmail me with I am learned and I should not go into such argument bla bla. Not totatally OK but I can sleep with this.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

US Importers: How To Get Over $500 For Shipping Your Goods To Nigeria. / DELETED / I Need A Hire Purchase Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.