Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Function Of The CC And BCC In Email Correspondence - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Function Of The CC And BCC In Email Correspondence (1012 Views)

The Advantages Of Outsourcing Hr Function / NSCDC Elevate Ten Commandants Of Corps (CC) To Assistant Commandant General (ACG / 15 August Patriotic Song For School Function Video Song Independence Day 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Function Of The CC And BCC In Email Correspondence by lantres000(m): 5:52pm On Aug 11, 2015
Good evening Gents

Please i wish to get clarification on how the CC and BCC woks in email correspondence.

For example I got a mail that I was CC and I responded to that mail and the whole world is calling for my head.

Please anyone with a clearer view? Some times the routine things we do might be wrong.

Thanks Guys
Re: Function Of The CC And BCC In Email Correspondence by ifeoluwasegun(m): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2015
CC: means carbon copy...i.e. You get a copy of the mail while its visible to others too that a copy was sent to you.
This may as well mean that the message is not originally for you, but be aware. The real intent of the mail recipient goes to the mail in the "To" field, then others are just copy.

BCC: this on the other hand means... Blind Carbon Copy... Recipients in this field would receive the mail as well but it won't show to people in the TO and CC fields that you have a copy. Just as the name, its blind... I also call it secret copy to someone.

I hope that's explicit enough.

2 Likes

Re: Function Of The CC And BCC In Email Correspondence by kennynelcon(m): 6:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
For this kind of question, visit Google.
Re: Function Of The CC And BCC In Email Correspondence by lantres000(m): 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
Google contents are not explicit.

@ifeoluwasegun when u receive a mail and u are on CC is it ethical for you to respond to such mail. Nice one from you by the way
Re: Function Of The CC And BCC In Email Correspondence by ifeoluwasegun(m): 6:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
lantres000:

@ifeoluwasegun when u receive a mail and u are on CC is it ethical for you to respond to such mail. Nice one from you by the way

I think it is just a read only. A CC mail is just for your information, for you to be notified.
Unless if the mail specifies that you respond.

More importantly while responding, clicking the reply button assumes you're replying the whole recipients, so your response automatically goes to everybody in the TO and CC fields. So be mindful of the TO and CC fields again while responding.
Re: Function Of The CC And BCC In Email Correspondence by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
lantres000:

It depends,may need to speak with the original owner of the mail.
Re: Function Of The CC And BCC In Email Correspondence by kujix101(m): 8:20am On Aug 12, 2015
ifeoluwasegun:

I think it is just a read only. A CC mail is just for your information, for you to be notified.
Unless if the mail specifies that you respond.

More importantly while responding, clicking the reply button assumes you're replying the whole recipients, so your response automatically goes to everybody in the TO and CC fields. So be mindful of the TO and CC fields again while responding.

While responding, clicking on the reply button means only the sender will get the reply. However, clicking on 'reply all' will send the message to everybody in the 'TO' and 'CC' fields
Re: Function Of The CC And BCC In Email Correspondence by MrsAnyanwu(f): 8:30am On Aug 12, 2015
ifeoluwasegun:
CC: means carbon copy...i.e. You get a copy of the mail while its visible to others too that a copy was sent to you.
This may as well mean that the message is not originally for you, but be aware. The real intent of the mail recipient goes to the mail in the "To" field, then others are just copy.

BCC: this on the other hand means... Blind Carbon Copy... Recipients in this field would receive the mail as well but it won't show to people in the TO and CC fields that you have a copy. Just as the name, its blind... I also call it secret copy to someone.

I hope that's explicit enough.
I hv learnt something today , thank u segun

(1) (Reply)

Demolition Of Shops At St. Anna Street By Methodist Church Of Trinity Tinubu / How To Get A Lecturing Job / Part-time Job Avaliable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.