Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August - Jobs/Vacancies (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August (438029 Views)

Dangote Refinery Test Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by iyke649(m): 7:57pm On May 28, 2017
deepwater:

Affirmative, for the few people I know about and funny enough they all studied the same course (ChE)
I like the way u dissected d stuff to the young guy above. But come oo i dey suspect u. U sure sey u no follow for the HR team? Coz from what u typed, its obvious that u are well informed abt d job stuff. And to d young guy complaining, dis is an opportunity many folks are praying for. One thing u should be happy about is d world class training u are abt to acquire and not an ordinary stipend which will only last for one year.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by iyke649(m): 7:58pm On May 28, 2017
By the way, some petroleum guys were also invited. Not only chemical
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Shams101: 11:50pm On May 28, 2017
iyke649:
By the way, some petroleum guys were also invited. Not only chemical

Petroleum and chemical engrs were combined and classified as just Chemical engrn in this recruitment.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Shams101: 1:10am On May 29, 2017
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Shams101: 1:19am On May 29, 2017
deepwater:

Hello, while I respect your opinion, I am however surprised at your view.
One would have expected a better comprehension from an applicant at this stage. (no pun intended)

1. I am taking aback to hear you say the out of pocket stipend is ridiculous, maybe you have confused per diem for this stipend. (oga, your leaving expenses is.been catered for already) The letter explicitly mentioned that accommodation, feeding and local conveyance would be on the sponsoring company. Your stipend is for out of pocket expenses only (you are not on a shopping spree).
Let me digress a lil, TOTAL is a thousand times bigger than Dangote, it's last batch of trainee were paid 80k/month for almost a year while interning at ogere, convert that to USD and let's talk about Industry market rate. SHELL would be sending some Nigerians to the UK for rotor tug ship handling for tandem operations, how much is their stipend?
Payment after training is always different and much better. And yes, it's a favour to work there, you are not better off than others who didnt scale through. Think about the better you after a year of intensive training for free rather than quitting your accommodation.

2. Your time line would be issued at companys' discretion, not at your time.

3. Selection letter cannot equal employment offer, the clause in the email body spells this out completely. You all are still subject to having positive medical result. Meaning no confirmation of offer yet. (this should not be explained to an applicant at this stage)

4. Have you confirmed your destination to be India yet? And for the 'conventional practice', Oga, there is nothing of such cast upon stones to be followed.
As well, no company pays anybody money to send to dependents at home. You would only send money home from whatever you signed up for At your own discretion. The company cannot factor this into HR policy, not everyone has dependents, this is not the salvation army.
Your income is only a means to an end, not the end itself.

I have friends who turned the offer down, you could do same. No need to rebel, it is an offer and you were asked to accept Or decline hence your feedback was requested (perhaps the 'observation' word used in the letter confused you. It's just an official way of asking for acceptance / declination to progress on this occasion so someone else can be filled in or otherwise.

P.S . I am not in this recruitment process and forgive any typo, I am not a n English girl.

I hope you scale through completely.
Goodluck and warm regards.

For other hopefuls, please eat well, sleep well, read more books, listen to good music, relax enough and put energy into other things. What will be would be. Cheers

Deepwater I dey suspect u too o. It seems like u wine and dine with dangote's Hr crew to say the least. However, thanks for the clarification and the positive thoughts to us hopefuls.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by iyke649(m): 4:57am On May 29, 2017
Shams101:

Petroleum and chemical engrs were combined and classified as just Chemical engrn in this recruitment.
Ok nice. But they are 2 different department sha. Petroleum is a subset of chemical

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by k199192: 9:30am On May 31, 2017
deepwater:

Hello, while I respect your opinion, I am however surprised at your view.
One would have expected a better comprehension from an applicant at this stage. (no pun intended)

1. I am taking aback to hear you say the out of pocket stipend is ridiculous, maybe you have confused per diem for this stipend. (oga, your leaving expenses is.been catered for already) The letter explicitly mentioned that accommodation, feeding and local conveyance would be on the sponsoring company. Your stipend is for out of pocket expenses only (you are not on a shopping spree).
Let me digress a lil, TOTAL is a thousand times bigger than Dangote, it's last batch of trainee were paid 80k/month for almost a year while interning at ogere, convert that to USD and let's talk about Industry market rate. SHELL would be sending some Nigerians to the UK for rotor tug ship handling for tandem operations, how much is their stipend?
Payment after training is always different and much better. And yes, it's a favour to work there, you are not better off than others who didnt scale through. Think about the better you after a year of intensive training for free rather than quitting your accommodation.

2. Your time line would be issued at companys' discretion, not at your time.

3. Selection letter cannot equal employment offer, the clause in the email body spells this out completely. You all are still subject to having positive medical result. Meaning no confirmation of offer yet. (this should not be explained to an applicant at this stage)

4. Have you confirmed your destination to be India yet? And for the 'conventional practice', Oga, there is nothing of such cast upon stones to be followed.
As well, no company pays anybody money to send to dependents at home. You would only send money home from whatever you signed up for At your own discretion. The company cannot factor this into HR policy, not everyone has dependents, this is not the salvation army.
Your income is only a means to an end, not the end itself.

I have friends who turned the offer down, you could do same. No need to rebel, it is an offer and you were asked to accept Or decline hence your feedback was requested (perhaps the 'observation' word used in the letter confused you. It's just an official way of asking for acceptance / declination to progress on this occasion so someone else can be filled in or otherwise.

P.S . I am not in this recruitment process and forgive any typo, I am not a n English girl.

I hope you scale through completely.
Goodluck and warm regards.

For other hopefuls, please eat well, sleep well, read more books, listen to good music, relax enough and put energy into other things. What will be would be. Cheers

you sound like your house is next to the HR complex... Please help me ask them (your neighbours) when they will contact other departments.. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by deepwater(f): 9:54am On May 31, 2017
k199192:
you sound like your house is next to the HR complex... Please help me ask them (your neighbours) when they will contact other departments.. Thanks.

I get your sarcasm, however, i am still surprised that when one takes a logical shot at something, people begin to think you are an insider. Like i said earlier, i no follow and i no dey, so i no know.

I should be more interested in the installation of subsea infrastructure circa Oct 2017

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by k199192: 10:22am On May 31, 2017
deepwater:

I get your sarcasm, however, i am still surprised that when one takes a logical shot at something, people begin to think you are an insider. Like i said earlier, i no follow and i no dey, so i no know.

I should be more interested in the installation of subsea infrastructure circa Oct 2017

oh my bad... I am just one of the hopefuls though... Thanks for giving a good insight into the situation. And just incase you guys might need some roustabout on the subsea platform, don't forget k199192 is yet to get a job so I would do even less than roustabout. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by deepwater(f): 11:24am On May 31, 2017
k199192:
oh my bad... I am just one of the hopefuls though... Thanks for giving a good insight into the situation. And just incase you guys might need some roustabout on the subsea platform, don't forget k199192 is yet to get a job so I would do even less than roustabout. Thanks.
What papers do you have as a roustabout, roustabout has its limitations, advice you expand and acquire marine papers as an oiler/motorman/ AB seaman, it make it easier to be on board the vessels, pipe laying barges, construction barges etc.

As for accommodation barges/floatel, I no sure say u go like to roustabout dia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by k199192: 4:15pm On May 31, 2017
deepwater:

What papers do you have as a roustabout, roustabout has its limitations, advice you expand and acquire marine papers as an oiler/motorman/ AB seaman, it make it easier to be on board the vessels, pipe laying barges, construction barges etc.

As for accommodation barges/floatel, I no sure say u go like to roustabout dia
I go like o... Do I need papers to be a roustabout? I'm a Bsc holder. As no job yet, I could do with roustabout.. Believe me... If you can fix me in don't think twice please. Thanks.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by deepwater(f): 12:41am On Jun 01, 2017
k199192:
I go like o... Do I need papers to be a roustabout? I'm a Bsc holder. As no job yet, I could do with roustabout.. Believe me... If you can fix me in don't think twice please. Thanks.

sorry, i can not fix u.
Yes, you need papers to be a roustabout, surprisingly if you are sponsoring your self, total cost is more expensive than all tuition fees for a 5years engineering course in a fed uni in Nigeria.
Drop that Bsc holder mentality. There is a big gap between the school work and real life job

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by k199192: 8:45am On Jun 01, 2017
deepwater:

sorry, i can not fix u.
Yes, you need papers to be a roustabout, surprisingly if you are sponsoring your self, total cost is more expensive than all tuition fees for a 5years engineering course in a fed uni in Nigeria.
Drop that Bsc holder mentality. There is a big gap between the school work and real life job
thanks
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 06, 2017
Any update guys concerning this recruitment.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Caseless: 4:13pm On Jun 06, 2017
Titto93:
Why do people always book spaces with k, ok is the shortest and fastest alphabets to be typed?

Back to the topic,
We never apply finish, you come dey shock head.
grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by YURO: 4:32pm On Jun 10, 2017
I have this coy intuition that for some of us waiting on an invite for medicals, our case would involve training in the U.S. Fyi, during my 'Technical Interview', Golden (who remembers the name?) explained that training will be in different batches, and in different countries, the U.S. included.

So if it helps you, find some consolation therein... but lemme sharply put out a 'Disclaimer' in case of a broken heart later oh.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by David275(m): 8:16am On Jun 11, 2017
@Yuro, when do u do your medical
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by YURO: 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2017
David275:
@Yuro, when do u do your medical

I'm still waiting for an invite for medicals.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by obonujoker(m): 8:49am On Jun 27, 2017
Na wa o.... any news yet??
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 27, 2017
Hello guys, wetin dey happen self, dangote just kept us on hold because without keeping us apprised.... if any one as an info, just keep us updated. Thank you.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Richardlove(m): 11:47am On Jun 27, 2017
author=dustydee post=36856028]Recruiting for management trainees and executive trainees[/quote]. OK
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by deepwater(f): 6:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
dkjmoses:
Hello guys, wetin dey happen self, dangote just kept us on hold because without keeping us apprised.... if any one as an info, just keep us updated. Thank you.

Training is in India.
Successful applicant has been advised accordingly.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by obonujoker(m): 7:43am On Jul 06, 2017
deepwater:

Training is in India.

Have they reached out to all disciplines??
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by deepwater(f): 7:46am On Jul 06, 2017
obonujoker:

Have they reached out to all disciplines??

Can only say for chemical, not sure for others

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by kebisky: 9:02am On Jul 06, 2017
We were only sent India Visa Application Form for completion. I'm still expecting an Offer Letter.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 06, 2017
Any info for the other discipline as per medicals... Thank you
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 06, 2017
Richardlove:

author=dustydee post=36856028]Recruiting for management trainees and executive trainees. OK

I'm aware the chemical engineering discipline recruits had been issued a pre-employment medical check up letter.

What i need, if you have, is an update if the dangote management will further consider the other disciplines.

Thank you.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 06, 2017
deepwater:

Training is in India.

I'm aware the chemical engineering discipline recruits had been issued a pre-employment medical check up letter.

What i need, if you have, is an update if the dangote management will further consider the other disciplines.

Thank you.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by deepwater(f): 10:00am On Jul 06, 2017
dkjmoses:

Thank you.

O.K, now i get your more precisely.

I do not have any info in that regards, even the last communication of about 72 hours ago was basically to the chemical guys
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 06, 2017
deepwater:

O.K, now i get your more precisely.

I do not have any info in that regards, even the last communication of about 72 hours ago was basically to the chemical guys

Thank you.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by kebisky: 5:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!
APPOINTMENT LETTER IS READY FOR COLLECTION.
MAY THE BLESSINGS BE!
Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by Aremu01(m): 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
Congratulations to those that made it...

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (90) (Reply)

Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.