Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Adobe Reader 7.0 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Adobe Reader 7.0 (2671 Views)

Help! Adobe Reader Not Workin On Ma System / Firefox And Adobe Reader / Adobe Reader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adobe Reader 7.0 by delarontus(f): 2:30pm On Sep 29, 2006
I have problems loading a software with my Adobe Reader 7.0. I've reinstalled it several times but it won't work.

The error message i get is "Portable Document Format has encountered a problem and needs to close" The error viewer says "acrord32.exe ordinal not found - the Ordinal 98 could not be located in the dynamic link library CooTtype.dll.

Please anyone with solutions?
Re: Adobe Reader 7.0 by delarontus(f): 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2006
Sorry its CoolType.dll
Re: Adobe Reader 7.0 by Douzy(m): 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2006
Get another copy of the software (possibly, original copy) and install.
Re: Adobe Reader 7.0 by delarontus(f): 10:49am On Oct 03, 2006
The version i have is directly from adobe website. Isn't it original?
Re: Adobe Reader 7.0 by Seun(m): 10:58am On Oct 03, 2006
Have you ruled out the possibility that the PDF file you're trying to open is what's causing the error?

I've attached a newly generated PDF file to this post. If it works, then your software is ok.

Re: Adobe Reader 7.0 by delarontus(f): 11:15am On Oct 03, 2006
I was able to open it but what i'm trying to open is a software which uses Adobe Reader. It opens on other computers but not mine although the first time i launched it on my computer, it worked.
Re: Adobe Reader 7.0 by Seun(m): 11:20am On Oct 03, 2006
Acrobat reader works, therefore the problem you are facing is not with Adobe Reader. This is obvious, right?

You will need to reinstall your top-secret "software that uses Adobe Reader". Stop blaming poor Adobe Reader!
Re: Adobe Reader 7.0 by delarontus(f): 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2006
Oh Seun don't be funny! The reason why i attributed the problem to Adobe Reader is because of the error message i get when trying to load it as i stated in my first post.
Re: Adobe Reader 7.0 by saddik(m): 4:04pm On Oct 03, 2006
Im sorry but ur registry is currupt just a little bit, first try to uninstall the acrobat reader from the control panel/unistall programm, then restart the system and install a fresh copy of the acrobat. if u get the same error warning, i advise u repair ur windows installation, hope u know how to repair a windows installation, it must work. cool
Re: Adobe Reader 7.0 by delarontus(f): 8:51am On Oct 04, 2006
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh one but i get the same message. However, i do not know how to repair windows installation but if you guide me, i can try it. Thanks.
Re: Adobe Reader 7.0 by pymexys(f): 7:37pm On Oct 09, 2006
also,if u have any previous(lower) version still runnin in your cpt,try uninstalling it
Re: Adobe Reader 7.0 by Ynot(m): 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2006
delarontus:

However, i do not know how to repair windows installation but if you guide me, i can try it. Thanks.

You can do a total rebuild of Windows XP (i assumed you are using XP) without losing any data and without having to reinstall software - basically giving you a fresh, nondestructive installation of XP. Make sure you have the product key.

[list]
[li]Start your PC with the setup CD in a drive.[/li]
[li]You'll be presented with the normal "Welcome to Setup" screen. This is where most people make mistake and unintentionally format their harddrive. The only mention of "Repair" here is ", repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, " but that's not the no-reformat repair/reinstall you want. Don't press 'r' here.[/li]
[li]The repair option you do want--a nondestructive, no-reformat reinstall--is actually hidden beneath the Setup option, "To set up Windows XP now, press ENTER." So hit Enter, just as if you were setting up Windows afresh and from scratch.[/li]
[li]Press F8 to accept the licensing terms and to go on.[/li]
[li]Setup will find your damaged copy of XP and present it for repair.[/li]
[li]If your damaged copy of XP isn't highlighted in the list box, highlight it now. When it's selected, press R to start the repair process. The Repair process then selectively deletes system files in the \Windows folder and subfolders and copies undamaged replacement files from the setup CD to their proper locations. The Repair process then works on the current setup's Registry, leaving much of it intact and rebuilding the rest.[/li]
[/list]

Thats pretty much the basic. If all has gone as planned, you'll find all the user accounts and passwords intact, all the hardware devices set up as before, and all the previously installed software still installed and configured. In fact, the only significant change will be that whatever problem your copy of XP was previously experiencing will now be gone!

(1) (Reply)

Mcitp Vs Mcse / Sim Slot In Lenovo Ideapad S12 / Cobranet Usb Ugo Modem For Sell At N6,000 Instead Of N8,500 With Recharge Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.