Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Daughters Of Nigeria. - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Daughters Of Nigeria. (1312 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daughters Of Nigeria. by joseph1832(m): 7:25am On Aug 12, 2015
Oh daughters of Nigeria

As many they litter the continent,
Oblivious of their worth with much content,
With skins as white as snow,
And hearts with so much goal.

They cause eyes to stare
And hearts to tear,
When they flare,
Their unclothedness so bear.

Oh daughters of Nigeria!

How mighty have thou fallen?
You cast yourself as mere maiden
Of avarice, heavily laden
With sloth righteously ridden,

Ever ready to spread your legs,
Never ready to charge your heads,
Always seeking easy routes to ease,
Your needs with so much sleaze.

Oh daughters of Nigeria

You make mother Africa weep,
For you are no longer like sheep,
But wolves that scavenge for game,
To feed its lustrous aim,

Never minding about virtue,
Ever ready to shag a statue,
Always looking for a buck
To quickly fill your stock.

Oh daughters of Nigeria

When will you fulfill your creed,
And take your pride and heed,
The call to righteousness,
That shun avariciousness,

And all manner of sloth,
So you can put on your cloth,
As Africa's pride and jewel,
And regal in beauty like a newel.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daughters Of Nigeria. by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:43am On Aug 12, 2015
undecided undecided undecided

I'm the biggest fan of your poems but I have to say NOOOOOO to this poem.

"with skins as white as snow"

What is snow doing in a poem about Nigeria? How does that imagery relate to Africa which is known as the "dark continent"?

Also, given the fact that I just created a thread against the demonization of women........can you explain who you are writing this poem to?

Why are you judging women for unclothedness? Your African ancestors were half naked compared to what we wear nowadays.
Is it your business who women sleep with? Or how easy they open their legs?
Going back to unclothedness, you do realise that Africa as a whole is less sexualised than the West? When is the last time you saw a bikini on the streets of lagos?

Sorry, I woke up on the wrong side of bed today and I'm sipping on Haterade cool
Re: Daughters Of Nigeria. by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:47am On Aug 12, 2015
Btw here is my latest poem http://allnaijablog.com/rock-bottom <<< feel free to criticise
Re: Daughters Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 12, 2015
joseph1832:
Oh daughters of Nigeria

As many they litter the continent,
Oblivious of their worth with much content,
With skins as white as snow,
And hearts with so much goal.

They cause eyes to stare
And hearts to tear,
When they flare,
Their unclothedness so bear.

Oh daughters of Nigeria!

How mighty have thou fallen?
You cast yourself as mere maiden
Of avarice, heavily laden
With sloth righteously ridden,

Ever ready to spread your legs,
Never ready to charge your heads,
Always seeking easy routes to ease,
Your needs with so much sleaze.

Oh daughters of Nigeria

You make mother Africa weep,
For you are no longer like sheep,
But wolves that scavenge for game,
To feed its lustrous aim,

Never minding about virtue,
Ever ready to shag a statue,
Always looking for a buck
To quickly fill your stock.

Oh daughters of Nigeria

When will you fulfill your creed,
And take your pride and heed,
The call to righteousness,
That shun avariciousness,

And all manner of sloth,
So you can put on your cloth,
As Africa's pride and jewel,
And regal in beauty like a newel.

You have a poetic flair with your scripts but let's be fair here not all Nigerian women are ashewos.
Re: Daughters Of Nigeria. by joseph1832(m): 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2015
Adanna28:

You have a poetic flair with your scripts but let's be fair here not all Nigerian women are ashewos.
True that! Not all Nigerian women are ashawos, the poem is for those who have no moral scruples. Remember prostitution doesn't only mean selling ones body for financial gain.

AllNaijaBlogger:
undecided undecided undecided

I'm the biggest fan of your poems but I have to say NOOOOOO to this poem.

"with skins as white as snow"

What is snow doing in a poem about Nigeria? How does that imagery relate to Africa which is known as the "dark continent"?

Also, given the fact that I just created a thread against the demonization of women........can you explain who you are writing this poem to?

Why are you judging women for unclothedness? Your African ancestors were half naked compared to what we wear nowadays.
Is it your business who women sleep with? Or how easy they open their legs?
Going back to unclothedness, you do realise that Africa as a whole is less sexualised than the West? When is the last time you saw a bikini on the streets of lagos?

Sorry, I woke up on the wrong side of bed today and I'm sipping on Haterade cool

The embolden means bleaching!. It was meant for women who bleach their skin hence "with skins as white as snow".

Bro, I write what I feel, see or hear. If anybody thinks I'm demonizing women, its their wahala!. If any lady wants to walk naked, its her wahala!.

Anybody who doesn't like what I wrote should move ahead. It aints by force to read a poem. LOL.

No offense my good man. I'm just done playing nice to those who don't deserve niceness!.
Re: Daughters Of Nigeria. by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
joseph1832:
True that! Not all Nigerian women are ashawos, the poem is for those who have no moral scruples. Remember prostitution doesn't only mean selling ones body for financial gain.

The embolden means bleaching!. It was meant for women who bleach their skin hence "with skins as white as snow".

Bro, I write what I feel, see or hear. If anybody thinks I'm demonizing women, its their wahala!. If any lady wants to walk naked, its her wahala!.

Anybody who doesn't like what I wrote should move ahead. It aints by force to read a poem. LOL.

No offense my good man. I'm just done playing nice to those who don't deserve niceness!.

grin grin grin

my man!
Re: Daughters Of Nigeria. by joseph1832(m): 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

grin grin grin

my man!
I read your thread about feminism and demonization of women.

Let me ask you this, can any man look Chimamanda Adichie in her eye and call her a b!tch?.

Any woman who is being demonize is plainly because she has given people the chance to demonize her!. Bros, in this life, I've learnt "you show people how to treat you". So like I said, any girl who screams she's being demonize is because she allowed it and gave people reason(s) to do such. Person no fit drink panadol for another man headache.

As for this whole thing call feminism, I will hold my comment on it for now.
Re: Daughters Of Nigeria. by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 4:16am On Aug 13, 2015
joseph1832:
I read your thread about feminism and demonization of women.

Let me ask you this, can any man look Chimamanda Adichie in her eye and call her a b!tch?.

Any woman who is being demonize is plaining because she has given people the chance to demonize her!. Bros, in this life, I've learnt "you show people who to treat you". So like I said, any girl who screams she's being demonize is because she allowed it and gave people reason(s) to do such. Person no fit dream panadol for another man headache.

As for this whole thing call feminism, I will hold my comment on it for now.

That is very bad logic sir
Re: Daughters Of Nigeria. by joseph1832(m): 8:49am On Aug 13, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

That is very bad logic sir
And how is it bad logic bro?
Re: Daughters Of Nigeria. by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:54am On Aug 13, 2015
joseph1832:
And how is it bad logic bro?

Women get called "sluts" and "harl.ots" just because they choose to dress sexy.

Here on nairaland, there was a girl with a tattoo. Guess what the guys were saying? "She's probably a cultist or witch". "She's one of those open girls". All because of a tattoo.
Re: Daughters Of Nigeria. by joseph1832(m): 9:06am On Aug 13, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Women get called "sluts" and "harl.ots" just because they choose to dress sexy.

Here on nairaland, there was a girl with a tattoo. Guess what the guys were saying? "She's probably a cultist or witch". "She's one of those open girls". All because of a tattoo.

kindly define what you mean by 'sexy?', before I proceed on that.

On your second point, which guys were saying the girl was a witch or cultist? You should check the mentality of such guys and their IQ level and you'll laugh. Bros you should know not everyone is exposed and enlighten here in this forum. The guys who labeled that girl which or cultist are just voicing their narrow minded opinion, and I'm sure in the daily life of the said girl, their opinion doesn't matter one bit!.

I've learnt never to be bothered about opinions of people who add little or no value to my pocket.
Re: Daughters Of Nigeria. by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:30am On Aug 13, 2015
joseph1832:
kindly define what you mean by 'sexy?', before I proceed on that.

On your second point, which guys were saying the girl was a witch or cultist? You should check the mentality of such guys and their IQ level and you'll laugh. Bros you should know not everyone is exposed and enlighten here in this forum. The guys who labeled that girl which or cultist are just voicing their narrow minded opinion, and I'm sure in the daily life of the said girl, their opinion doesn't matter one bit!.

I've learnt never to be bothered about opinions of people who add little or no value to my pocket.

It is easy to push aside cyberbullying and cyber-abuse when you are not at the end of it.
Re: Daughters Of Nigeria. by joseph1832(m): 9:36am On Aug 13, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

It is easy to push aside cyberbullying and cyber-abuse when you are not at the end of it.
Bros, both online and offline, I am not someone that can be intimidated or bullied!.
Re: Daughters Of Nigeria. by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:26am On Aug 13, 2015
joseph1832:
Bros, but online and offline, I am not someone that can be intimidated or bullied!.

Of course. You are speaking for yourself. Others are different
Re: Daughters Of Nigeria. by timpaker(m): 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2015
Is this a generalization?
Re: Daughters Of Nigeria. by joseph1832(m): 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
timpaker:
Is this a generalization?
The title might make it seem like that but the content is a pointer that it is not!.

Even FFK, Atiku, and barcanista are daughters of Nigeria. gringringrin. LOL.

1 Like

Re: Daughters Of Nigeria. by timpaker(m): 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
joseph1832:
The title might make it seem like that but the content is a pointer that it is not!.

Even FFK, Atiku, and barcanista are daughters of Nigeria. gringringrin. LOL.

Who are those peeps, are they Nigerians? grin
Re: Daughters Of Nigeria. by joseph1832(m): 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
timpaker:

Who are those peeps, are they Nigerians? grin
LMFAO!.

(1) (Reply)

Dare This And You Feel Loved / Jollof Rice / A Sample Of My Latest Crime Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.