Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,014 members, 7,835,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Pls How Far Would N400000 Go In Investing Into Agriculture? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pls How Far Would N400000 Go In Investing Into Agriculture? (1884 Views)

Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm / Two Nigerians Go Into Agriculture Because Of Economic Hardship. Pictures / 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Far Would N400000 Go In Investing Into Agriculture? by dera7: 9:53am On Aug 12, 2015
Hello Nairalanders. I reside in Abuja and currently, I have some N400000 lying around which I would like to invest. Now I know this may not seem like much, but I decided I'd rather invest than squander it. I've always taken a particular interest in agriculture and I was pondering about issues like the prospects? what area can I invest in? would the said amount be enough? What are the short, mid and long term advantages of investing in agriculture? and so on and I will really appreciate people, particularly those in the field would help clarify me of them and other issues I may have not taken into consideration. I shall really appreciate it if anyone with thoughts, insights, criticisms, suggestions and even ridicule would please take time out of their busy schedule to help a young, enthusiastic potential farmer out. God bless as you do. Thank you all as I anticipate your wise replies. Contact: oderaunachukwu@gmail.com
Re: Pls How Far Would N400000 Go In Investing Into Agriculture? by hapheeyxz: 10:16am On Aug 12, 2015
depending on which area of agriculture you want to invest it on.
Re: Pls How Far Would N400000 Go In Investing Into Agriculture? by TheUnbeatable(m): 10:42am On Aug 12, 2015
@ Op:

I like you.
You determine everything. Your temperament, schedule, how fast you want your ROI, your taste, your environment, your market, your commitment, your risk preference, your social class, I can keep on listing them and explaining each item with atleast two paragraphs. You will end up confused. But at your leisure time, take time to read this post over and over again, then get a biro and start responding to the list sincerely. It will help you streamline your choices and give you a precision of goal.

Please don't mind my "Agbeistic english". Phonetics will soon depend on this kind of "dirty english" for livelihood.

God bless your hustle.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Re: Pls How Far Would N400000 Go In Investing Into Agriculture? by dera7: 8:00am On Aug 13, 2015
hapheeyxz:
depending on which area of agriculture you want to invest it on.

That's what I would like to know. What area would N400k be sufficient to invest in? I don't mind if it will start yielding ROI on a long term ( even if it takes 3-5 years). Please enlighten me more. Thank you.
Re: Pls How Far Would N400000 Go In Investing Into Agriculture? by Pavore9: 8:40am On Aug 13, 2015
dera7:

That's what I would like to know. What area would N400k be sufficient to invest in? I don't mind if it will start yielding ROI on a long term ( even if it takes 3-5 years). Please enlighten me more. Thank you.

You do not necessarily have to start out at the level of cultivation/production, you can key into the level of value addition. You can sought out produce from the rural areas and have it packaged and resold. For example, if you visit the thread where some strawberry farmers in Plateau state are complaining that they have strawberries in abundance not no market. You can check out what is obtainable within Abuja regarding consumption, availability and price ranges of Strawberries. Do the mathematics and see if it is what can you can get involved in. This is just one out of the several farm produce you can add value to.

3 Likes

Re: Pls How Far Would N400000 Go In Investing Into Agriculture? by boluwajokosegun: 10:21am On Aug 13, 2015
My brother ,Pavore9 has given u a very good advice , do buying ,packaging of agro products, abuja is a big place to sell, in addition to pavore9 advice y can buy catfish at cheap price frm lbadan & sell life or process it ,package & sell or u buy unripe plantain process to chips or flour & sell . U need to first start small then expand with as little as N70k u can test d market remember when u process u extend d life span of d product & u can do all this at ur backyard.
U can buy snails frm d west ,process & package to sell.
The future of agric is in processing

Gbenga 08182355047- whatApp, call-08136650972
Do organic & keep farming

1 Like

Re: Pls How Far Would N400000 Go In Investing Into Agriculture? by dera7: 1:46pm On Aug 15, 2015
Pavore9:

You do not necessarily have to start out at the level of cultivation/production, you can key into the level of value addition. You can sought out produce from the rural areas and have it packaged and resold. For example, if you visit the thread where some strawberry farmers in Plateau state are complaining that they have strawberries in abundance not no market. You can check out what is obtainable within Abuja regarding consumption, availability and price ranges of Strawberries. Do the mathematics and see if it is what can you can get involved in. This is just one out of the several farm produce you can add value to.

My brother this is the most valuable advice I've received so far. Thank you so much.
Re: Pls How Far Would N400000 Go In Investing Into Agriculture? by freelife4all(m): 7:41pm On Aug 15, 2015
boluwajokosegun:
My brother ,Pavore9 has given u a very good advice , do buying ,packaging of agro products, abuja is a big place to sell, in addition to pavore9 advice y can buy catfish at cheap price frm lbadan & sell life or process it ,package & sell or u buy unripe plantain process to chips or flour & sell . U need to first start small then expand with as little as N70k u can test d market remember when u process u extend d life span of d product & u can do all this at ur backyard.
U can buy snails frm d west ,process & package to sell.
The future of agric is in processing

Gbenga 08182355047- whatApp, call-08136650972
Do organic & keep farming
Nice comment Bro, I so much appreciate your advice and contribution to this post, but I will still to want you to explain a little how one can process unripe plantain into flower.

1 Like

Re: Pls How Far Would N400000 Go In Investing Into Agriculture? by adigunbizz: 2:02am On Aug 16, 2015
Read this article: http://www.wealthresult.com/2013/08/how-to-build-low-cost-poultry-pen-for.html

Use your brain join -- it is not everything you need that you would pay someone to do for you.
Re: Pls How Far Would N400000 Go In Investing Into Agriculture? by slimtik(m): 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
@boluwajokosegun please where in the West can I get fresh giant snails in large quantities and at very affordable prices?
Re: Pls How Far Would N400000 Go In Investing Into Agriculture? by DWAYFARMS: 10:35am On Apr 11, 2017
Contact D'WAY farms for better knowledge and understanding of the Agricultural business on 09075811841(Whatsapp). We can help in designing what to do and how to invest in Agricultural business.

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Build A Website Like Dealdey For U / Horticulture And Landscaping / I Need Farm Labourer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.