Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Diabetes Superfoods - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Diabetes Superfoods (3906 Views)

10 Early Warning Signs Of Diabetes You Should Not Ignore / Top 10 Diabetes Superfoods / Top 6 Liver Cleansing Superfoods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diabetes Superfoods by planbwellness: 10:26am On Aug 13, 2015
DIABETES SUPERFOODS

Have you ever seen the top 10 list of foods every diabetic patient should eat to superpower your diet? As with all foods, you need to work the diabetes superfoods into your individualized meal plan in appropriate portions.

All of the foods in our list have a low glycemic index or GI and provide key nutrients that are lacking in the typical western diet lifestyle that we copy such as:

calcium
potassium
fiber
magnesium
vitamins A (as carotenoids), C, and E.

There isn’t research that clearly points to supplementation, so always think first about getting your nutrients from foods. Below is our list of superfoods to include in your diet;

Beans

Whether you prefer kidney, pinto, navy, or black beans, you can’t find better nutrition than that provided by beans. They are very high in fiber, giving you about 1/3 of your daily requirement in just a ½ cup, and are also good sources of magnesium and potassium.

They are considered starchy vegetables, but ½ cup provides as much protein as an ounce of meat without the saturated fat.

Dark Green Leafy Vegetables

Spinach, collards, kale – these powerhouse foods are so low in calories and carbohydrate. You can’t eat too much.

Citrus Fruit

Grapefruit, oranges, lemons and limes. Pick your favorites and get part of your daily dose of soluble fiber and vitamin C.

Sweet Potatoes

A starchy vegetable packed full of vitamin A and fiber. Try in place of regular potatoes for a lower GI alternative.

Berries

Which are your favorites: blueberries, strawberries or another variety? Regardless, they are all packed with antioxidants, vitamins and fiber.

Tomatoes

An old standby where everyone can find a favorite. The good news is that no matter how you like your tomatoes, pureed, raw, or in a sauce, you’re eating vital nutrients like vitamin C, iron and vitamin E.

Fish High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids

Salmon is a favorite in this category. Stay away from the breaded and deep fat fried variety… they don’t count in your goal of 6-9 ounces of fish per week.

Whole Grains

It’s the germ and bran of the whole grain you’re after. It contains all the nutrients a grain product has to offer. When you purchase processed grains like bread made from enriched wheat flour, you don’t get these. A few more of the nutrients these foods offer are magnesium, chromium, omega 3 fatty acids and folate. Pearled barley and oatmeal are a source of fiber and potassium.

Nuts

An ounce of nuts can go a long way in providing key healthy fats along with hunger management. Other benefits are a dose of magnesium and fiber. Some nuts and seeds, such as walnuts and flax seeds, also contain omega-3 fatty acids.

Fat-free Milk and Yogurt

Everyone knows dairy can help build strong bones and teeth. In addition to calcium, many fortified dairy products are a good source of vitamin D. More research is emerging on the connection between vitamin D and good health.

Some of the above list can be tough on the budget depending on the season and where you live. Look for lower cost options such as fruit and vegetables in season or frozen or canned fish.

Foods that every budget can live with year round are beans and oats or barley that you cook from scratch.

If you have been diagnosed with diabetes and it’s making life miserable for you, the good news is that you can reverse it naturally. Read about our Diabetes Remedy Kit – A HOLISTIC HERBAL AND GUARANTEED NATURAL TREATMENT TO REVERSE DIABETES with no known or reported side effect so far.

Give us your feedback!

What do you think of our diabetes superfoods list? Do you regularly eat many of these and what’s the outcome? Do you avoid any? Are we missing any on our list? Give us some feedback and let’s discuss…

If you have gained anything from reading this, don’t hesitate to share it with others too. Put your comments and questions or topics you will like us to write about in the comment box below.

Stay Healthy And Never Give Up!

Plan B Wellness Center

Tel – 08074132218

WhatsApp – 08074132218

BB Pin – 52CC6463

Email – Planbwellness1@gmail.com

Twitter – @planbwellness
- See more at: http://planbwellness.com/diabetes-superfoods/#sthash.syOPfh3A.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Diabetes Superfoods by cleanshields: 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2015
CLEANSHIELD, a wonderful health drink that reverses acidity in the human body and alkanises it. Acidity is at the root of every disease in the human body. All diseases and health challenges man faces are as a result of diminution of the immune system of the body by the ravaging effect of acidity in the human body. CLEANSHIELD is a safe alkaline drink that alkanises the human body and once this is done the body immune system is revived and functions optimally leading to robust health as the cells and organs which were previously being poisoned by acidity in the human body are now being given a nourishing environment to blossom and flourish. In an alkaline state, the human body can easily recover from all diseases such as stroke, infertility, partial blindness, ulcer, diabetes, malaria, typhoid, weakness of the body, fibroid, cancer, low immunity, paralysis, partial organ failures etc.
CLEANSHIELD is indeed a wonder product formulated after 50 years of painstaking research by an 84 years old Jewish American.
It is NAFDAC approved and very safe to take with no known side effects. It can be delivered nationwide
080-3-713-2090 081-844-85-912

1 Like

Re: Diabetes Superfoods by Fess: 1:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
I'm living with diabetes for close to 10 years and I don't even know if it's type 1 or type 2. I asked my doctor and he wasn't even sure of the type. How do I determine the type I'm living with?

Again my sugar level fluctuates. Yesterday morning it was 93. Today it has gone up to 228. What is responsible for that?
Re: Diabetes Superfoods by Vanije: 12:40am On Aug 17, 2015
Fess:
I'm living with diabetes for close to 10 years and I don't even know if it's type 1 or type 2. I asked my doctor and he wasn't even sure of the type. How do I determine the type I'm living with?

Again my sugar level fluctuates. Yesterday morning it was 93. Today it has gone up to 228. What is responsible for that?
If the results are not obvious then a glucose tolerance test
should be carried out where the patient fasts overnight, has a
blood test done, and then takes 75g of carbohydrate (sugar)
and has another test done two hours later.
This usually clears up any doubts about the diagnosis one
way or another.

There are a lot of factors that may cause fluctuations in blood sugar levels essentially your food intake. White rice is not ideal if you take it. It contains less fibre. Go for Brown Rice(Ofada/local Rice)

In general, the foods that cause the blood sugar level
to rise the most are those high in carbohydrates that
are quickly converted into energy, such as processed rice, white bread, noodles, too sweet fruits and sugar.

Knowing which foods are low GI foods ,which cause
moderate amounts of sugar to be absorbed is very important
to living a healthy life.

+ how well do you exercise? Also important.
Re: Diabetes Superfoods by planbwellness: 11:17am On Aug 17, 2015
Vanije:

way or another.

There are a lot of factors that may cause fluctuations in blood sugar levels essentially your food intake. White rice is not ideal if you take it. It contains less fibre. Go for Brown Rice(Ofada/local Rice)

are quickly converted into energy, such as processed rice, white bread, noodles, too sweet fruits and sugar.

That's a nice response to the question.

However, you might want to read more about causes and types of diabetes via www.planbwellness.com/diabetes

1 Like

Re: Diabetes Superfoods by Vanije: 7:12pm On Aug 17, 2015
planbwellness:

That's a nice response to the question.

However, you might want to read more about causes and types of diabetes via www.planbwellness.com/diabetes
Thanks. & Nice article you've got in there. Worth the read actually. Keep up the good work.

Do Have a lovely week ahead.
-Vanije

1 Like

Re: Diabetes Superfoods by Fess: 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
Vanije:

way or another.

Thanks! Very educative. I think what pushed it up was the kind of food I ate. I ate dawa with egusi soup. But it is coming down slowly now. The last test read 140 today. Keep this thread flowing. It will help the diabetic live. GOD bless you.
Re: Diabetes Superfoods by planbwellness: 10:48am On Aug 18, 2015
Vanije:

Thanks. & Nice article you've got in there. Worth the read actually. Keep up the good work.
Do Have a lovely week ahead.
-Vanije

Thanks
Re: Diabetes Superfoods by planbwellness: 10:52am On Aug 18, 2015
Fess:

Thanks! Very educative. I think what pushed it up was the kind of food I ate. I ate dawa with egusi soup. But it is coming down slowly now. The last test read 140 today. Keep this thread flowing. It will help the diabetic live. GOD bless you.

That's interesting. Try to work harder and keep it under 100mg/dl. We will share more herbs, vegetables, fruits and recipes that help to reverse diabetes naturally.

Our site remain www.planbwellness.com and you might want to sign up for our newsletter.

Regards
Re: Diabetes Superfoods by sportfeva(m): 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2015
Well done op, whole grains is the smart and healthy choice just like brown rice.

Become a distributor of brown rice, and make it highly available in your locality.

Click the website for more info---www.nairaland.com/2535560/distributor-125t-ofada-brown-rice#37094285
Re: Diabetes Superfoods by ibeli: 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
Wonderful article .Diabete I my own opinion is a life style diesease and the remedy is a change of lifestyle. If you can remove carbohydrate from your diet , exercise at least 45min a day, you will be ok. Switch to oatmeal instead of pounded yam,eba .
Oatmeal contains 0carbohydrate and very filling .
Some herbal food supplement can also help relief symptoms and revitalise your system .
Go for cinnamond and c24/7 and you will fill good again.
Call or whatapp 08061579600. For oatmeal flour ,cinnamond and c24/7 you will be happy you did.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get A Very White Teeth In Just 2 Minutes / Cure For Diabetics,stomach Ulcer And Arthritis / This Drink Is For Increase Of Libido, Premature Ejaculating, Low Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.