Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Top Quotes Of President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Top Quotes Of President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR (1838 Views)

Photo Of President Muhammadu Buhari In A Fantastic Handshake With Oba Ewuare II. / Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari’s Independence Day Speech 2017 / Opinion Poll On Why You Voted President Muhammadu Buhari, Gcfr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Quotes Of President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR by ademoladeji(m): 11:04am On Aug 13, 2015
I present to you few of the many quotes of our Presido, His Excellency, Muhammadu Buhari GCFR

1. Hajj
No Federal Government delegation to Mecca. Religion is a personal affair. If you want to visit Mecca or Jerusalem do it with your personal funds. Sponsorship of religious pilgrimages is illegal, unconstitutional and lack of fairness.

2. Campaign against Corruption
“This generation of Nigerians and indeed the future generation have no country other than Nigeria, we shall stay and salvage it together!

3. Godfatherism
I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody.

4. Public Service
We shall rebuild and reform the public service to become more effective and more serviceable. We shall charge them to apply themselves with integrity to stabilize the system.

5. Executive Power
The Federal Executive under my watch will not seek to encroach on the duties and functions of the Legislative and Judicial arms of government.

6. Public Service
We shall rebuild and reform the public service to become more effective and more serviceable. We shall charge them to apply themselves with integrity to stabilize the system.

7. Arms of Government
It is only when the three arms act constitutionally that government will be enabled to serve the country optimally and avoid the confusion all too often bedevilling governance today.

8. Tiers of Government
Constitutionally there are limits to powers of each of the three tiers of government but that should not mean the Federal Government should fold its arms and close its eyes to what is going on in the states and local governments. Not least the operations of the Local Government Joint Account.

9. Oversight Function
As far as the constitution allows me I will try to ensure that there is responsible and accountable governance at all levels of government in the country. For I will not have kept my own trust with the Nigerian people if I allow others abuse theirs under my watch.

10. Labour Unions
I appeal to employers and workers alike to unite in raising productivity so that everybody will have the opportunity to share in increased prosperity.

11. Media
The Nigerian press is the most vibrant in Africa. My appeal to the media today – and this includes the social media – is to exercise its considerable powers with responsibility and patriotism.

12. Infrastructure
We have to upgrade our dilapidated physical infrastructure.

13. War on Terror
Progress has been made in recent weeks by our security forces but victory cannot be achieved by basing the Command and Control Centre in Abuja. The command centre will be relocated to Maiduguri and remain until Boko Haram is completely subdued.

14. Chibok Girls
But we cannot claim to have defeated Boko Haram without rescuing the Chibok girls and all other innocent persons held hostage by insurgents.

15. Boko Haram
Boko Haram is a typical example of small fires causing large fires. An eccentric and unorthodox preacher with a tiny following was given posthumous fame and following by his extra judicial murder at the hands of the police.

16. Godless Group
Boko Haram is a mindless, godless group who are as far away from Islam as one can think of.

17. Armed Forces
For now the Armed Forces will be fully charged with prosecuting the fight against Boko haram. We shall overhaul the rules of engagement to avoid human rights violations in operations.

18. Security Agencies
We are going to erect and maintain an efficient, disciplined people – friendly and well – compensated security forces within an over – all security architecture.

19. Niger Delta Amnesty
The amnesty programme in the Niger Delta is due to end in December, but the Government intends to invest heavily in the projects, and programmes currently in place.

20. Electricity
No single cause can be identified to explain Nigerian’s poor economic performance over the years than the power situation. It is a national shame that an economy of 180 million generates only 4,000MW, and distributes even less.

21. Unemployment
Unemployment, notably youth un-employment features strongly in our Party’s Manifesto. We intend to attack the problem frontally through revival of agriculture, solid minerals mining as well as credits to small and medium size businesses to kick-start these enterprises.

22. Other Infrastructure
We shall quickly examine the best way to revive major industries and accelerate the revival and development of our railways, roads and general infrastructure.

23. Old Foes
A few people have privately voiced fears that on coming back to office I shall go after them. These fears are groundless. There will be no paying off old scores. The past is prologue.

Lalasticlala, Ishilove....
Re: Top Quotes Of President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR by Katastrofy: 11:06am On Aug 13, 2015
ok
Re: Top Quotes Of President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR by benedictnsi(m): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2015
Lolllzzz..... Our president is an intellectual
Re: Top Quotes Of President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR by Paschal001: 11:06am On Aug 13, 2015
K
Re: Top Quotes Of President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR by osile2012: 11:30am On Aug 13, 2015
shocked cheesy grin wink

Re: Top Quotes Of President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR by idolda: 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2015
Good ones

(1) (Reply)

Check Out: The List Of Dstv Premium Channels, Movies, Sports, Entertainment, Doc / Civil Vs Elect Vs Pet Vs Mech / There Is Corruption In EFCC, Magu Admits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.