Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,243 members, 7,811,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! (3020 Views)

TECNO F2 Unboxing And Full Review: Affordable Android Powered Smartphone(Photos) / Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. / Top 8 affordable Android Tablets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by Bennydballs(m): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2015
In your own opinion,what's the best android phone I can get for less than 50,000? Base your recommendations on the specifications and affordability,please.I will appreciate your suggestions.A friend mentioned The Samsung galaxy grand prime but I have no idea if it's better than the others.

Diggyjay#
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by sats: 3:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
best is relative, each brand can you sth solid for your budget

grand prime is ok but you can do better with your budget
i suggest lenovo p70

battery is 4000mah
the phone is a beast

2 Likes

Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by augster(m): 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2015
OP get xiaomi redmi note 2...price no pass 35k
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by gdbelt(m): 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2015
were do we get xiaomi redmi note 2

1 Like

Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by Bennydballs(m): 7:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
sats:
best is relative, each brand can you sth solid for your budget

grand prime is ok but you can do better with your budget
i suggest lenovo p70

battery is 4000mah
the phone is a beast
Cool,but is it better than p90?
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by Bennydballs(m): 7:57pm On Aug 14, 2015
augster:
OP get xiaomi red mi note 2...price no pass 35k
Wow,this phone is another beast.Wait,isn't it China? Is dat wat u r using now?
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by sats: 9:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
Bennydballs:

Cool,but is it better than p90?

p70 yu mean, p70 is better than grand prime, it costs 48k or thereabout
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by augster(m): 2:39am On Aug 15, 2015
Bennydballs:

no but I'm gonna get one before the month runs out
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by Engnrcollins(m): 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
Bennydballs:
In your own opinion,what's the best android phone I can get for less than 50,000? Base your recommendations on the specifications and affordability,please.I will appreciate your suggestions.A friend mentioned The Samsung galaxy grand prime but I have no idea if it's better than the others.

Diggyjay#
Lenovo k3 note is a good go with it's 1.7GHz speed clock octa-core processor,16GB ROM & 2GB RAM.

The price of this smartphone ranges between 28 to 35k.

See the complete specifications here

http://www.iykeblog.com/2015/07/lenovo-k3-note-complete-specs-price.html
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by Baroba(m): 6:27pm On Aug 15, 2015
Bennydballs:

Xiaomi is on par with all the big android manufacturers out there, don't let the Chinese monkier fool you, they are as big as the come...

EX google exec Hugo Barra runs the show at Xiaomi..

The Redmi note 2 is ridiculously cheap for the specs you will get..
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by Craven: 7:06pm On Aug 15, 2015
Bennydballs:

Diggyjay#

What do you look for in a phone? I might be able to give a detailed recommendation. smiley
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by Bennydballs(m): 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2015
Ok.I want an android phone with 4G LTE,atleast 2G RAM,13mp camera,atleast a 5" display screen,with d ability to multi-task,sleek and stylish too.
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by Craven: 10:28pm On Aug 18, 2015
-
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by Bennydballs(m): 6:22pm On Aug 19, 2015
Craven:
Bennydballs

Here is a list of Android devices that fall around N50,000.

Samsung Galaxy E5 – The Samsung Galaxy E5 is a 5.0 inch device with a very good display (Super AMOLED capacitive display) with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 to protect your screen from scratches and cracks. The Galaxy E5 has a sleek unibody design with metal running around its sides. However, the rest of the body is plastic. This device runs on Android KitKat and comes with a 16 GB internal memory that is expandable to 64 GB. Its RAM is 1.5 GB, which is fair but not good enough if you are a heavy app user. It has an 8 MP camera at the back and a 5 MP camera in front that takes very clear pictures. And it has a fairly good battery life with its non-removable (this means you cannot take out the battery) 2400 mAh battery. This phones costs N43,000.

Samsung Galaxy A3 – If small devices are your thing, then you should pay attention to this one. The Samsung Galaxy A3 is a very sleek device with a full metal unibody. It is 6.9 mm slim and comes with a 4.5 inches screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 for protection. The display is very vibrant as it comes with a Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen. This device comes with Android KitKit and is upgradable to Android Lollipop. Internal memory for this device is 16 GB and is expandable to 64 GB. RAM for this device is 1.5 GB which is manageable. The Galaxy A3 has an 8 MP camera behind and a 5 MP camera in front capable of taking wide-angled selfies. The 1900 mAh battery of this device is non-removable and can last up to 12 hours with heavy usage. There is a power saving mode that can let your device last for up to four days if activated – although it only allows for basic phone functions such as calls and texting. I should also add that this device comes in two variants; the single SIM version and the Duos version. The Duos version lacks LTE and NFC and only comes with two slots. Normally, since it is a dual SIM device, it should come with three slots; one for a microSD card and the other two for SIM cards. What Samsung chose to do was to provide only two slots; one for your first SIM card, and the other for either your second SIM card or your microSD card. You cannot use the second slot for both your SIM card and microSD at the same time. That’s not so good. All in all, the Samsung Galaxy A3 is a chic device and costs N48,000. One more thing, it looks very pretty in gold. [There is a Samsung Galaxy A5 that falls exactly in line with all the requirements you listed; 2 GB RAM, 5.0 inch screen, 13 MP camera and 4G LTE. But it costs higher than N50,000 (around N65,000).]

HTC Desire 626G+ – The HTC Desire 626G+ is 8.3 mm slim and has dual SIM capabilities. Its screen is 5.0 inches and its display is average. You have Android KitKat and an internal memory of 8 GB that is expandable to 32 GB. RAM for this device is pretty small at 1 GB. The primary camera however is massive at 13 MP and a 5 MP front-facing camera. The battery is 2000 mAh which might not live up to your expectations, but that has always been one of HTC’s major problems. If you can live with a good power bank, you shouldn’t have a problem. The saving grace for this device is its CPU – an Octa-core 1.7 GHz Cortex – A53 – higher than the CPUs of the other devices.. This device costs N49,000. You might also want to check out HTC Desire 626 which is quite similar.

HTC Desire 816 – Although this phone comes with a 1.5 GB RAM, it has all the features you look for in a phone. It has a screen size of 5.5 inches with a Super LCD2 capacitive touchscreen, a 13 MP back camera that takes clear pictures and a 5 MP front-facing camera. It has an 8 MP internal memory capable of being expanded into 128 GB with the use of a memory card. It comes with Android KitKat and a 2600 mAh battery. It costs around N51,000.

Sony Xperia C3 – If you want a phone with a very good battery and a very good camera, this phone has it. It has an 8 MP secondary camera with LED flash behind, and a 5 MP camera with its own LED flash in front; basically you can take very bright selfies even when it’s dark. Internal memory is at 8 GB but can be expanded to 32 GB. Display is not bad and screen size is 5.5 inches. The RAM is the one thing you might not like; it stands at 1 GB. If you don’t mind though, this device is eligible for a Lollipop upgrade and costs N55,000.

You said your friend recommended Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime. Well here is something about it.

Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime – This is an 8.6 mm phone with Dual SIM capabilities. It has a 5.0 inch screen and TFT capacitive display. One of the downside of TFT capacitive displays is they usually take a toll on your battery. The screen of the Galaxy Grand Prime doesn’t have any protection, meaning they easily get scratched and cracked. The display of this device isn’t all that bright, but you aren’t likely to notice if that isn’t your main concern. The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime comes with Android KitKat and a fairly good processor. Its internal memory is just 8 GB which is expandable to 64 GB with the use of a memory card. The RAM is just 1 GB which can be very small for someone who enjoys using heavy apps such games. If you are not a heavy app user, you can live with that. The camera for this device is superb. It has an 8 MP primary camera and a 5 MP selfie camera in front. With 2600mAh, battery power for this device is average. This device costs just N35,000, and for the price, the features are okay.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Wow,thank u so much for taking time to carefully list and explain everything in details to me.I really appreciate this.
Now,I think I can really confide in u on this one:I browsed online and saw some other options that match my specs even at lower prices.Phones like The Xiaomi Redmi Note2 prime,Lenovo p70,Infinix hot note pro,and a more expensive one as The Oneplus2 that costs about 70k..now my problem is:Given that these phones may not be as bourgeouis as the likes of samsung galaxy s6,iphone6 and blackberry and given that they are not as popular,can one trust their products assuming I decide to buy any of them?
Thanks.
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by Bennydballs(m): 6:25pm On Aug 19, 2015
Baroba:

Xiaomi is on par with all the big android manufacturers out there, don't let the Chinese monkier fool you, they are as big as the come...

EX google exec Hugo Barra runs the show at Xiaomi..

The Redmi note 2 is ridiculously cheap for the specs you will get..
This is helpful,bro.Thanks.
Where do u think I can get the Xiaomi redmi note 2 prime,pls?
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by Craven: 7:54pm On Aug 19, 2015
Bennydballs

Xiaomi and OnePlus are some of the top Anroid brands in the Chinese market giving Samsung and the likes a run for their money. I can't say the same for Infinix, but I know Lenevo is walking the path towards becoming a major competitor also.

There might be some problems, however. These devices (except for Lenovo) were made for the Asian market so replacing parts might pose problems for you.
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by Bennydballs(m): 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
Craven:
Bennydballs

Xiaomi and OnePlus are some of the top Anroid brands in the Chinese market giving Samsung and the likes a run for their money. I can't say the same for Infinix, but I know Lenevo is walking the path towards becoming a major competitor also.

There might be some problems, however. These devices (except for Lenovo) were made for the Asian market so replacing parts might pose problems for you.
U might be right.
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by nannymcphee(f): 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
Craven:
Bennydballs

Here is a list of Android devices that fall around N50,000.

Samsung Galaxy E5 – The Samsung Galaxy E5 is a 5.0 inch device with a very good display (Super AMOLED capacitive display) with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 to protect your screen from scratches and cracks. The Galaxy E5 has a sleek unibody design with metal running around its sides. However, the rest of the body is plastic. This device runs on Android KitKat and comes with a 16 GB internal memory that is expandable to 64 GB. Its RAM is 1.5 GB, which is fair but not good enough if you are a heavy app user. It has an 8 MP camera at the back and a 5 MP camera in front that takes very clear pictures. And it has a fairly good battery life with its non-removable (this means you cannot take out the battery) 2400 mAh battery. This phones costs N43,000.

Samsung Galaxy A3 – If small devices are your thing, then you should pay attention to this one. The Samsung Galaxy A3 is a very sleek device with a full metal unibody. It is 6.9 mm slim and comes with a 4.5 inches screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 for protection. The display is very vibrant as it comes with a Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen. This device comes with Android KitKit and is upgradable to Android Lollipop. Internal memory for this device is 16 GB and is expandable to 64 GB. RAM for this device is 1.5 GB which is manageable. The Galaxy A3 has an 8 MP camera behind and a 5 MP camera in front capable of taking wide-angled selfies. The 1900 mAh battery of this device is non-removable and can last up to 12 hours with heavy usage. There is a power saving mode that can let your device last for up to four days if activated – although it only allows for basic phone functions such as calls and texting. I should also add that this device comes in two variants; the single SIM version and the Duos version. The Duos version lacks LTE and NFC and only comes with two slots. Normally, since it is a dual SIM device, it should come with three slots; one for a microSD card and the other two for SIM cards. What Samsung chose to do was to provide only two slots; one for your first SIM card, and the other for either your second SIM card or your microSD card. You cannot use the second slot for both your SIM card and microSD at the same time. That’s not so good. All in all, the Samsung Galaxy A3 is a chic device and costs N48,000. One more thing, it looks very pretty in gold. [There is a Samsung Galaxy A5 that falls exactly in line with all the requirements you listed; 2 GB RAM, 5.0 inch screen, 13 MP camera and 4G LTE. But it costs higher than N50,000 (around N65,000).]

HTC Desire 626G+ – The HTC Desire 626G+ is 8.3 mm slim and has dual SIM capabilities. Its screen is 5.0 inches and its display is average. You have Android KitKat and an internal memory of 8 GB that is expandable to 32 GB. RAM for this device is pretty small at 1 GB. The primary camera however is massive at 13 MP and a 5 MP front-facing camera. The battery is 2000 mAh which might not live up to your expectations, but that has always been one of HTC’s major problems. If you can live with a good power bank, you shouldn’t have a problem. The saving grace for this device is its CPU – an Octa-core 1.7 GHz Cortex – A53 – higher than the CPUs of the other devices.. This device costs N49,000. You might also want to check out HTC Desire 626 which is quite similar.

HTC Desire 816 – Although this phone comes with a 1.5 GB RAM, it has all the features you look for in a phone. It has a screen size of 5.5 inches with a Super LCD2 capacitive touchscreen, a 13 MP back camera that takes clear pictures and a 5 MP front-facing camera. It has an 8 MP internal memory capable of being expanded into 128 GB with the use of a memory card. It comes with Android KitKat and a 2600 mAh battery. It costs around N51,000.

Sony Xperia C3 – If you want a phone with a very good battery and a very good camera, this phone has it. It has an 8 MP secondary camera with LED flash behind, and a 5 MP camera with its own LED flash in front; basically you can take very bright selfies even when it’s dark. Internal memory is at 8 GB but can be expanded to 32 GB. Display is not bad and screen size is 5.5 inches. The RAM is the one thing you might not like; it stands at 1 GB. If you don’t mind though, this device is eligible for a Lollipop upgrade and costs N55,000.

You said your friend recommended Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime. Well here is something about it.

Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime – This is an 8.6 mm phone with Dual SIM capabilities. It has a 5.0 inch screen and TFT capacitive display. One of the downside of TFT capacitive displays is they usually take a toll on your battery. The screen of the Galaxy Grand Prime doesn’t have any protection, meaning they easily get scratched and cracked. The display of this device isn’t all that bright, but you aren’t likely to notice if that isn’t your main concern. The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime comes with Android KitKat and a fairly good processor. Its internal memory is just 8 GB which is expandable to 64 GB with the use of a memory card. The RAM is just 1 GB which can be very small for someone who enjoys using heavy apps such games. If you are not a heavy app user, you can live with that. The camera for this device is superb. It has an 8 MP primary camera and a 5 MP selfie camera in front. With 2600mAh, battery power for this device is average. This device costs just N35,000, and for the price, the features are okay.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

pls what model will you recommend price range:30-35k
phone intended to be used primarily for browsing /chatting
not a camera freak but will appreciate something good
occasional gaming
I need 4.7-5.0" screensize
good battery life too

thanks
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by Chopstaff8: 3:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
We sell all types of smartphone brands such as:

✔SAMSUNG
✔HTC
✔SONY
✔LUMIA
✔BLACKBERRY
✔APPLE

We offer one of the best client services around town, pantronise and have no reason to regret.

Delivery is one the best thing we are good at, delivery are made within 24hrs of order (Lagos residence only).

PIN: 591F 6C9B
PIN: 591F 6C9B

Note remove the space in between the pins
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by yuekexi: 4:17am On Sep 01, 2023
OnePlus is your way to go, on the price/performance scale they often strongly outperform other top brands.
https://pctechtest.com/best-oneplus-phones
I have the OnePlus Nord N20 and It keep being very fast 2 and a half year later.

Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by Wanni25(f): 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2023
Tecno Pop 6 or 7 is your best buy.

2 Likes

Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by Idarachris84: 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2023
Wanni25:

You re right.

Pop 7 Pro is lit with the magic skin technology.
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by Fonjewel0(f): 8:11pm On Sep 03, 2023
Bennydballs:

Diggyjay#
For 50k you can get a Tecno Pop 6 or get the 7 by adding extra cash to purchase at 64,700 or so.
Re: Recommend The Best And Affordable Android Phone For Me,please! by Kakadancefreak(f): 9:13pm On Sep 03, 2023
Wanni25:

How much?

(1) (Reply)

Should I Buy Redmi Note 8 Pro? Advice Me Please / Google Ads Now On NAIRALAND??? / I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.