Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? (5177 Views)

Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) / How Do I Train A Dragon? / Just Got Myself A Baby Parrot;need Tips On How To Train It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by zicoraads: 4:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
Hello. I recently decided to get a companion for myself (a dog). I have always been very, very passionate about dogs, although I haven't had any before. I will love to buy a German Shepherd or a Rottweiler. I have the money, and I intend to buy a male and a female at the same time.

The problems are, I live alone and I leave the house for work by 7 and come home by 4. Also, someone once told me that it's not buying the dog that is the problem, feeding and taking good care of them is. So, how much does it cost to train a either of the two breeds I mentioned above? What type of food will I feed them? How much will I be spending when I take them to a vet? And how often will they need to visit one?

Finally, I wouldn't want to get dogs, only to starve them of affection. Will my going out and coming back affect them in anyway?

Please, I need answers.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by deadZONE: 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2015
it cost common sense.
if u dont have that
sorry cause it cant be bought.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by wunmi590(m): 4:45pm On Aug 13, 2015
Prodeegee, kynte and others gurus, somebody needs your attention quickly
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by zicoraads: 5:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
wunmi590:
Prodeegee, kynte and others gurus, somebody needs your attention quickly
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by Kelvingarcia(m): 5:55pm On Aug 13, 2015
deadZONE:
it cost common sense.
if u dont have that
Well stated my broda and for op it's not about d money u spend on ur dog nor the time,its all about d quality of the time
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by Kelvingarcia(m): 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
deadZONE:
it cost common sense.
if u dont have that
Well stated my broda and for op it's not about d money u spend on ur dog nor the time,its all about d quality of the time u spend wit them.
As 4 d time u go to work and time u get back,i tink u got all d time u need to properly train ur dog
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by naijainfogalery: 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
zicoraads:
Hello. I recently decided to get a companion for myself (a dog). I have always been very, very passionate about dogs, although I haven't had any before. I will love to buy a German Shepherd or a Rottweiler. I have the money, and I intend to buy a male and a female at the same time.

The problems are, I live alone and I leave the house for work by 7 and come home by 4. Also, someone once told me that it's not buying the dog that is the problem, feeding and taking good care of them is. So, how much does it cost to train a either of the two breeds I mentioned above? What type of food will I feed them? How much will I be spending when I take them to a vet? And how often will they need to visit one?

Finally, I wouldn't want to get dogs, only to starve them of affection. Will my going out and coming back affect them in anyway?

Please, I need answers.

For A start, if you are really serious, you can get someone you trust to feed them while you are away, that is you feed them very early before you go to work, then the person feeds them in the afternoon, you feed them when u come back, since you come back by 4pm you can give them all the quality time they need ,

1. The feeding depends on you, for a start i dont think you will spend over 15k on them per month thats if you choose to buy strictly their feed, but if you mix with other feeds like pap and stuff, you wouldnt spend more than 7k monthly,

Injections and vet care isnt done monthly but its not something u wouldnt be able to afford,

DO a lot of research you should be fine, i would advice you get a GSD and a rott, it makes you appreciate their uniqueness.

Getting my GSD month end Gods willing , i cant wait

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by zicoraads: 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
naijainfogalery:

For A start, if you are really serious, you can get someone you trust to feed them while you are away, that is you feed them very early before you go to work, then the person feeds them in the afternoon, you feed them when u come back, since you come back by 4pm you can give them all the quality time they need ,

1. The feeding depends on you, for a start i dont think you will spend over 15k on them per month thats if you choose to buy strictly their feed, but if you mix with other feeds like pap and stuff, you wouldnt spend more than 7k monthly,

Injections and vet care isnt done monthly but its not something u wouldnt be able to afford,

DO a lot of research you should be fine, i would advice you get a GSD and a rott, it makes you appreciate their uniqueness.

Okay...this answers most of my questions. Thank you. But is the GSD not the same as the German Shepherd?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by RICADE(m): 7:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
Its the same thing GSD is the shorten form of German shepherd
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by naijainfogalery: 9:11pm On Aug 13, 2015
yes GSD is the same as a German sherperd, dont hesitate to take pics when you get those cuties
zicoraads:
Okay...this answers most of my questions. Thank you. But is the GSD not the same as the German Shepherd?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by Tylerdan(m): 8:40am On Aug 14, 2015
Op I guess u have made up ur mind to get the dogs but my first word of advise is start with a single dog preferably a GSD male don't go getting two dogs at same time baby steps.
Feeding dogs is only tricky when they are puppies and like someone responded a trusted friend or gateman can handle lunch in ur absence.
Cost of feeding varies based on how you decide to operate there are very cheap ways to feed and you can learn them right here on petland.
Vets won't cost you more than a few thousands in the first month for vaccines and check up after that you'll be going in only on need or for periodic checks.
For time if you can get home by 4 then you have the whole evening to enjoy the company of your dog, take them for walks play and train. It's had to go wrong with a dog. I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by martete1(m): 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
Hi bro, I think you can take care of your dog's if you are willing because I too was walking whn I got my gsd and rot, I give them enough food (dry food) to last them till noon, and when I come back in the evening I open them from the cage till mind, at times till morning, and I get to spend enough quality time with them. My dogs are very very aggressive, but they listen to my commanders. I have come in contact with so many dogs, I have never see any dog as intelligent as a gsd rot mixed. I crossed my get with a rot nd I am expect the puppies by September ending and I pray for safe delivery, and I am keeping 3 of them. Gud luck bro, buy ur dogs and enjoy them.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by naijainfogalery: 11:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
Aaaaaaw nice wishing your dog safe littering can I get one, I'm on a low budget though
martete1:
Hi bro, I think you can take care of your dog's if you are willing because I too was walking whn I got my gsd and rot, I give them enough food (dry food) to last them till noon, and when I come back in the evening I open them from the cage till mind, at times till morning, and I get to spend enough quality time with them. My dogs are very very aggressive, but they listen to my commanders. I have come in contact with so many dogs, I have never see any dog as intelligent as a gsd rot mixed. I crossed my get with a rot nd I am expect the puppies by September ending and I pray for safe delivery, and I am keeping 3 of them. Gud luck bro, buy ur dogs and enjoy them.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by redfigure(m): 7:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
martete1:

You're right though, My first GSD slant back.1996-2006
Very intelligent as well aggressive
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by Funjosh(m): 3:04am On Oct 22, 2015
I Still need a lot to learn if am to get one for myself
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by Mavelshee(m): 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2016
zicoraads:

Please, I need answers.

Did u later buy it?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by ultrazone(m): 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2018
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by RayJinble(m): 10:42am On Jul 23, 2018
Getting my GSD month end Gods willing , i cant wait[/quote]

SooO. ... did you
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Train A Dog? by johnnyn1(m): 11:56am On Jul 23, 2018
RayJinble:

SooO. ... did you

I have a male and female GSD PUPPIES Available.
WhatsApp me for more information

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Goldie And I With Pictures / My 7 Months Old GSD Doesn’t Bark. Is This Normal? / Exotic Pigeon Breeders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.