Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

See Death Anti-malarial Drug On The Loose!!! (Pictures) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / See Death Anti-malarial Drug On The Loose!!! (Pictures) (2244 Views)

I'm Still Experiencing Malarial Symptoms After Treatment / Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria / Breaking News! Another Kind Of EBOLA on the LOOSE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Death Anti-malarial Drug On The Loose!!! (Pictures) by lilee2hot(f): 9:14pm On Aug 13, 2015
Hello, please avoid this anti-malarial drug: Artesunate Amodiaquine Winthrop. A friend used it and almost lost her life. She was admitted in the hospital and had recurrent symptoms for over 1 month. It almost damaged her nervous system. She had panic attacks and emotional breakdown. She was like a junkie. She was lucky she survived and came out alive. She is fully well now but some are not so lucky. Lets tell our loved ones. See a website linking it to lots of deaths in Sierra Leone. http://www.thisissierraleone.com/what-are-the-side-effects-of-the-current-anti-malaria-drug-alleged-to-be-responsible-for-several-deaths-in-sierra-leone/

1 Like

Re: See Death Anti-malarial Drug On The Loose!!! (Pictures) by DuchessLily(f): 9:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
shocked lipsrsealed
Re: See Death Anti-malarial Drug On The Loose!!! (Pictures) by qualified(f): 9:24pm On Aug 13, 2015
Very true. I reacted badly to it when I took it some years back. I even complained to a doctor at National Malaria Control Programme that they look into banning the drug, he told me that the strength has been reduced . Now this!!!
Anyway, since then anytime I see any AA(Artesunate Amodiaquine) no matter the company, I take the other turn jare
Artermeter Lumefantrine (AL) is the first line drug for malaria now
Re: See Death Anti-malarial Drug On The Loose!!! (Pictures) by flocelng(f): 9:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
thanks for the information
Re: See Death Anti-malarial Drug On The Loose!!! (Pictures) by Infomizer(m): 9:31pm On Aug 13, 2015
Thanks for this info ma'am..Thanks a million! Why is it still in drugstores sef?

1 Like

Re: See Death Anti-malarial Drug On The Loose!!! (Pictures) by opeaceo: 9:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
Artesunate Amodiaquin isn't a bad drug for the treatment of malaria, you just have to read the instruction before using, so many "don'ts".
Re: See Death Anti-malarial Drug On The Loose!!! (Pictures) by beright: 10:19pm On Aug 13, 2015
Really, thanƙs o
Re: See Death Anti-malarial Drug On The Loose!!! (Pictures) by Udoka89: 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
Once u find any anti malaria dat has "quine" if ur blood is not strong enough just avoid it cause de side effects are out of this world
Re: See Death Anti-malarial Drug On The Loose!!! (Pictures) by Ifeoluuwa: 7:57pm On Aug 14, 2015
This is really serious sad shocked sad

2 Likes

Re: See Death Anti-malarial Drug On The Loose!!! (Pictures) by ChelseaDr(m): 9:47am On Aug 15, 2015
Thank God for her. Artesunate/Amodiaquine is not a bad drug for malaria o but the amodiaquine component can cause serious side effects on some people one of which liver problem as well as some problem in the blood (agranulocytosis) both of which are potentially life-threatening. But like someone advised always take some minutes to read through the leaflets.

1 Like

Re: See Death Anti-malarial Drug On The Loose!!! (Pictures) by Egonekwu: 7:25pm On Aug 16, 2015
This is really informative to know. #rushes to tell her loved ones shocked shocked shocked
Re: See Death Anti-malarial Drug On The Loose!!! (Pictures) by lilee2hot(f): 5:58am On Aug 18, 2015
ChelseaDr:
Thank God for her. Artesunate/Amodiaquine is not a bad drug for malaria o but the amodiaquine component can cause serious side effects on some people one of which liver problem as well as some problem in the blood (agranulocytosis) both of which are potentially life-threatening. But like someone advised always take some minutes to read through the leaflets.
It was actually not the combination that was the problem but the brand; Winthrop. There is something terribly wrong with it because all the doctors kept murmuring that she took 'Winthrop'... she took 'Winthrop'...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Nigerians Celebrate National “nobraday" / Story Of Man Who Lost Half His Skull Due To Excess Energy Drink Consumption / 12 Reasons You Should Be Drinking Aloe Vera Juice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.