Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? (695 Views)

Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? / Big Bang Or God? / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by MaxWellStores(m): 11:25pm On Aug 13, 2015
There's really no need for Christians to keep brooding over whether it is right for Jesus to be addressed as "Son of God" or "God"; by so doing, they miss the very essence of His introduction into our world.

You see, Jesus was introduced as prehistoric as the garden itself. In Genesis 3, verses 14-15, God figuratively introduced Jesus there. Take particular notice of His word "offspring" singular for the woman as against that of the serpent "offsprings", plural. Jesus was the Offspring He mentioned, and not Cain or Abel.

Understand that; the account cited in that scriptural reference was also foretold by John in Revelation 12 - The Woman and The Dragon. The purpose for introducing the Son or Offspring was for the fulfilment of the prophecy in Revelation 12.

To now answer the question:

In the Gospel according to John, John revealed some truths that could be confirmed in the story of creation found in Genesis 1. He said in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He also chipped in that; all things were created by the Word, and nothing that wasn't created by it. In lay man's language, he was saying that everything exists because God said or spoke them into existence. This was exactly what happened in Genesis 1.

Literally speaking, Jesus Christ wasn't present in heaven so to speak when God was speaking creation into existence. In a manner, He existed, but in God. He came into "being" the moment the Father said so in Genesis 3:14-15. The process kick started from that point onwards. Remember this: when God speaks, He speaks the future. In His realm, time: days, nights etc mean absolutely nothing there. That explains the "over two thousand years" phrase we hear about Jesus' earthly Ministry.

Jesus was the Father's plan to reconnect humanity to Himself, and the fulfilment of the prophecy (Rev 12). It explains why Mary wasn't impregnated by Joseph. Her womb was implants by those words God spoke of in Genesis 3. You see how long it took? It did because, it was spoken to earth where time is in existence. After His birth, 30 years on, He began His Ministry; and He was so "weird" from all the other prophets before Him. He literally demonstrated the unimaginable, and spoke like a Man out of the world. These acts bewildered not only the people but, threatened the positions of the "doctors" of the Law. Jesus understood His calling as the Son spoken of in Genesis 3 and other Old Testament prophecies, however, it was the people that had a hard time believing it.

Jesus, like the Father, understood the futuristic nature of God Words. To Him and to all those who believed Him when He was still "alive" on earth, He was the Son sent by God, the Messiah foretold by all the prophets of old - The Son of God.

Lastly, Jesus became God after He was resurrected by the Holy Spirit of God. He literally became a God because of His Works. He became God The Son. It explains why in John's vision in Revelation, he said by the inspiration of the Spirit of the Father: there are 3 that bare witness in heaven; The Father, The Word (Jesus) and the Spirit.

So, it is safe to address Him as the Son of God or God.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by dijam: 11:32pm On Aug 13, 2015
Jesud is no more than a prophet of Allah not son of god or God himself

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by podosci(m): 11:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
God raped innocent Mary and impregnated her with jezuz....smh to ignorant people,
Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by Blakjewelry(m): 11:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
podosci:
God raped innocent Mary and impregnated her with jezuz....smh to ignorant people,
LOL... But the truth is zeus as being doing that for ages

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by podosci(m): 11:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
Lol...
Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by jamex93(m): 11:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
May God have mercy on every one here, op brought up a serious question, but u guys turned it to anoda tin
Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by menesheh(m): 12:02am On Aug 14, 2015
podosci:

grin
Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by menesheh(m): 12:04am On Aug 14, 2015
jamex93:
May God have mercy on every one here, op brought up a serious question, but u guys turned it to anoda tin

What do have to say about the topic or are here to threaten people with their opinion by asserting god.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by kestolove95(m): 12:22am On Aug 14, 2015
Jesus is not God and talking abt son of God...evribody on earth is son of God jesus inclusive...jesus is just a prophet or messenger of God who can not do anytin with out d command of God
Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by mankand(m): 12:41am On Aug 14, 2015
None because he never existed.

Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by Maamin(m): 12:57am On Aug 14, 2015
kestolove95:
Jesus is not God and talking abt son of God...evribody on earth is son of God jesus inclusive...jesus is just a prophet or messenger of God who can not do anytin with out d command of God

Ok and all this is coming from where? undecided
Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by MaxWellStores(m): 9:40am On Aug 15, 2015
dijam:
Jesud is no more than a prophet of Allah not son of god or God himself

Excuse me but, I didn't centre my work on Islam or any other religion or movements. Your claim could be right in its own context depending on your study source. I'm not hear to argue the validity of the truth of various religions of the world, but to proclaim that which I'm convinced and believe in.

Therefore, your comment has absolutely nothing tangible in relation to mine.

Thank you for your post anyway.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by MaxWellStores(m): 9:45am On Aug 15, 2015
podosci:

You observation has been noted. I wish you the very best with the knowledge you possess. God bless you real good!

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by MaxWellStores(m): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2015
jamex93:

Friend, its a good you rebuked and advised them as much as you could. You have done as instructed in the scriptures.

Allow them express their thoughts, God is liberal. I am as well. Thank you for your post.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by MaxWellStores(m): 9:53am On Aug 15, 2015
kestolove95:

Hilariously amazing! Everybody is son of God, interesting! Can you prove this assertion?

As for Jesus being just a prophet, well, its your opinion and I'll respect it and leave you to it.

Thanks for posting anyway...have a great day.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by MaxWellStores(m): 9:56am On Aug 15, 2015
mankand:
Hmmm... OK.. I see!!!
But devil or Satan or demons or witches etc do, right?
Anyway, thanks for your opinion.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by MaxWellStores(m): 9:56am On Aug 15, 2015
mankand:
Hmmm... OK.. I see!!!
Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 15, 2015
MaxWellStores:

Hmmm... OK.. I see!!!
hmm,
who said those fuckard illusion myths u mentioned exists?
Well, it might exist only on ur mind
Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by MaxWellStores(m): 10:34am On Aug 15, 2015
krattoss:
hmm,
Lolzzz! ok. observation noted.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Just The Son Of God Or God? by MaxWellStores(m): 10:34am On Aug 15, 2015
krattoss:
hmm,
Lolzzz! ok. observation noted.

(1) (Reply)

Wonders Shall Never End ( Picture) / Muslim Pilgrim Finds Jesus In Mecca / Open Heaven Devotional (mon. 11/01/2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.