Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

(Not for Indomie generation)When Last Did You Use These Headsets??? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / (Not for Indomie generation)When Last Did You Use These Headsets??? (1836 Views)

Ta-ta Towel Goes Viral, Ladies Can You Use This Top(Photos) / What Do You Do When You Use Your Bathing Soap To This Point? / This Is How You Use Coconut Oil For Hair Growth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(Not for Indomie generation)When Last Did You Use These Headsets??? by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 14, 2015
Hi Nairalanders,

How many of us remember these headsets?

British Tireless ST909 headsets.

This very headset was the bomb back in the 90s. Don't get me wrong, they were the very affordable low budget headphones then. If you had one back then, you would be probably trending like a dude using a knockoff Dr. Dre Beats headsets. grin
Even heard they were complimentary items on British airways flights.

I came across this particular one a few days ago and I decided to buy it, I particularly reminisced when portable CD players were in vogue and these headsets were a good match then.

Surprisingly, after using it for a day, I think the quality is not bad for these present times. Though would not be suitable for critical musical usage, it serves just right for casual listening. It has a flat speaker that doesn't discomfort your ears.

I also observed that we probably might have been missing this piece since technology has forced us to migrate to ear tightening headphones; when listening with this piece, you are very aware of your environment. It allows you enjoy your music without much external sound intrusions while you also can keep tab of what's happening around you.

This is in contrast to our current ear bud stuffing head pieces that eliminates external sounds, which as an advantage allows you to enjoy your music but to the detriment of not being in sync with your current environment.

No wonder we have had cases of people being run down by moving vehicles all because they had their ears stuffed up and listening to music.

I would recommend this piece for a trial if you can lay your hands on one. I got this around tinubu square on Lagos island.

I wrote this piece from my BlackBerry Classic, please overlook any brevity or typos.

Cc Lalasticlala Ishilove

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: (Not for Indomie generation)When Last Did You Use These Headsets??? by donholy28(m): 8:43am On Aug 14, 2015
Honestly I don't know
Re: (Not for Indomie generation)When Last Did You Use These Headsets??? by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 14, 2015
Indomie generation above me grin grin grin

Funny enough, it's probably music or tech savy persons that would remember this headphone.
Re: (Not for Indomie generation)When Last Did You Use These Headsets??? by alexx187(m): 8:48am On Aug 14, 2015
Iluv:
Hi Nairalanders,

This very headset was the bomb back in the 90s. Don't get me wrong, they were the very affordable low budget headphones then. If you had one back then, you would be probably trending like a dude using a knockoff Dr. Dre Beats headsets. grin

I came across this particular one a few days ago and I decided to buy it, I particularly reminisced when portable CD players were in vogue and these headsets were a good match then.

Surprisingly, after using it for a day, I think the quality is not bad for these present times. Though would not be suitable for critical musical usage, it serves just right for casual listening. It has a flat speaker that doesn't discomfort your ears.

I also observed that we probably might have been missing this piece since technology has forced us to migrate to ear tightening headphones; when listening with this piece, you are very aware of your environment. It allows you enjoy your music without much external sound intrusions while you also can keep tab of what's happening around you.

This is in contrast to our current ear bud stuffing head pieces that eliminates external sounds, which as an advantage allows you to enjoy your music but to the detriment of not being in sync with your current environment.

No wonder we have had cases of people being run down by moving vehicles all because they had their ears stuffed up and listening to music.

I would recommend this piece for a trial if you can lay your hands on one. I got this around tinubu square on Lagos island.

I wrote this piece from my BlackBerry Classic, please overlook any brevity or typos.

Cc Lalasticlala Ishilove
.....holy sh...t,where did u get dis ish from.......omo e don tay........nice....
Re: (Not for Indomie generation)When Last Did You Use These Headsets??? by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 14, 2015
alexx187:
.....holy sh...t,where did u get dis ish from.......omo e don tay........nice....

Finally I have someone who remembers this, so I am not alone!!! wink

Correct guy

2 Likes

Re: (Not for Indomie generation)When Last Did You Use These Headsets??? by mjames: 8:56am On Aug 14, 2015
used it many times

1 Like

Re: (Not for Indomie generation)When Last Did You Use These Headsets??? by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 14, 2015
Though the cable is not so rugged too. But will serve it's purpose
Re: (Not for Indomie generation)When Last Did You Use These Headsets??? by bewla(m): 9:12am On Aug 14, 2015
pls whats old here
Re: (Not for Indomie generation)When Last Did You Use These Headsets??? by eightsin(m): 9:13am On Aug 14, 2015
I used it with my Walkman. Then when the walkman got stolen. I bought that FM/AM portable radio. Can't remember what happened to them afterwards
Re: (Not for Indomie generation)When Last Did You Use These Headsets??? by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 14, 2015
Sony Walkman things... Chai!
Re: (Not for Indomie generation)When Last Did You Use These Headsets??? by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 14, 2015
bewla:
pls whats old here

and wetin u dey feel like??
Re: (Not for Indomie generation)When Last Did You Use These Headsets??? by Youngsage: 5:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
undecided
Re: (Not for Indomie generation)When Last Did You Use These Headsets??? by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:30pm On Aug 07, 2018
Iluv:
Hi Nairalanders,

Cc Lalasticlala Ishilove

Thanks for this post bro!

I just remembered this headphone and decided to Google it.

Appears "British Wireless" was used to market this only in Nigeria.

Fun times.
Re: (Not for Indomie generation)When Last Did You Use These Headsets??? by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:53am On Nov 21, 2021
Hahahaha I remember this shit

British Tireless was the best
Re: (Not for Indomie generation)When Last Did You Use These Headsets??? by Philip4564(m): 3:06pm On Nov 21, 2021
I don't think I've seen this before

(1) (Reply)

An Exclusive Interview With Adati Dimas Face Of Independence Nigeria / Unique Fashion Deals(shoes,watches Etc) With Acute Fashio Store / Latest Braiding Hairstyles 2021 For Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.