Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Hp G62 Laptop Screen Off - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hp G62 Laptop Screen Off (771 Views)

Hp G62 Laptop 15.6" For Sale In Lagos. / Fairly And Neatly Used HP G62 Laptop With 6gig 500HDD Corei5 @ A Giveaway Price / ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hp G62 Laptop Screen Off by adekunletosin(m): 10:21am On Aug 14, 2015
i have hp G62 laptop but when i hibernated it for some minutes i noticed that when i on it.. it powered but screen not showing up. it has been a persistent issue like that which i repaired often and often.. pleae kindly help on what to do .. what could have been the problem ?
Re: Hp G62 Laptop Screen Off by Alvanify(m): 10:48am On Aug 14, 2015
Is your laptop a AMD laptop or ATI graphic laptop or Nvdia graphic laptop? If it is any of those i have mentioned, then its VGA problem, or better still check the flex at the back of the screen, tape it firmly.

1 Like

Re: Hp G62 Laptop Screen Off by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 14, 2015
Like the first poster mentioned its probably the flex connecting the display screen to the motherboard.

HP G62 is a well known trouble-prone laptop. The best advice I'd give you is to sell it and buy a more reliable brand especially if your laptop is used for business of any sort.

1 Like

Re: Hp G62 Laptop Screen Off by adekunletosin(m): 11:42am On Aug 14, 2015
Alvanify:
Is your laptop a AMD laptop or ATI graphic laptop or Nvdia graphic laptop? If it is any of those i have mentioned, then its VGA problem, or better still check the flex at the back of the screen, tape it firmly.

AMD.... i tried another vga but still d same.... add more rams..never come up yet.... the flex is ok...
Re: Hp G62 Laptop Screen Off by Alvanify(m): 2:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
You should pay me for this. smiley

Unscrew the laptop and bring out the mother board, look around the place where the heat sink is covering to the processor fan you will find a onboard Ic that look like the top or back of a processor,not where there are So many pin the back is what that IC look like.

This is how to identify the particular Ic im talking about.

Either ATI or Nvdia or AMD is written on it. That is the Video graphic Array VGA IC.

Get a head dryer or work station heater, heat that particular ic stainless part for 50 minute, you can use candle but make sure it doesn't burn the board. Better still go look for work station or hair hand dryer heat it vigorously. smiley that ic is asleep, when you heat it wakes up,immediately connect the computer screen flex to the board and put it on,it will come up from that moment,goodluck. smiley
Re: Hp G62 Laptop Screen Off by roselynbas(f): 2:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
Alvanify:

Unscrew the laptop and bring out the mother board, look around the place where the heat sink is covering to the processor fan you will find a onboard Ic that look like the top or back of a processor,not where there are So many pin the back is what that IC look like.

Either ATI or Nvdia or AMD is written on it. That is the Video graphic Array VGA IC.

Get a head dryer or work station heater, heat that particular ic stainless part for 50 minute, you can use candle but make sure it doesn't burn the board. Better still go look for work station or hair hand dryer heat it vigorously. smiley that ic is asleep, when you heat it wakes up,immediately connect the computer screen flex to the board and put it on,it will come up from that moment,goodluck. smiley

and please, be ready to buy another laptop in a couple of weeks. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hp G62 Laptop Screen Off by whitecloth: 3:46pm On Aug 18, 2015
Alvanify:

where do your stay
Re: Hp G62 Laptop Screen Off by Alvanify(m): 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2015
Ogba

(1) (Reply)

Windows 10 Issue / Best Tech Food In Town / My Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.