Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Any Muslim In The House? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Muslim In The House? (764 Views)

The Smartest Muslim In The World / The Untold Story Of The Systematic Genocide Of Muslim In Southern Kaduna / Any Learned Muslim In The House??? Kindly Help Explain This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Muslim In The House? by lawnreigh(m): 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2015
Good afternoon, I'm a Muslim & I'm aware of different denominations like Sunni, Sufi, Shii but I don't really know the differences among the different sect because it's like Sunni is the 1 practiced here in Nigeria but it's like others don't really have too much presence. Plz I'd like to know the differences between them in pragmatic ways like mode of prayer, the differences in believes and doctrine, I've surfed the Internet but the explanation is not really something I can comprehend in a pragmatic way. Thanks & Jumah Mubarak
Re: Any Muslim In The House? by Fundamentalist: 4:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
If you want to know more try joining Islamic online University. It would help you a lot. The diploma program is free with rich materials in Islam
Re: Any Muslim In The House? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 14, 2015
lawnreigh:
Good afternoon, I'm a Muslim & I'm aware of different denominations like Sunni, Sufi, Shii but I don't really know the differences among the different sect because it's like Sunni is the 1 practiced here in Nigeria but it's like others don't really have too much presence. Plz I'd like to know the differences between them in pragmatic ways like mode of prayer, the differences in believes and doctrine, I've surfed the Internet but the explanation is not really something I can comprehend in a pragmatic way. Thanks & Jumah Mubarak
sunni is d best and right way...
Re: Any Muslim In The House? by lawnreigh(m): 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
neurologist:
ok thanks so much for the enlightment
Re: Any Muslim In The House? by Rilwayne001: 6:47pm On Aug 14, 2015
neurologist:

The OP asked about difference, not the best between them.

1 Like

Re: Any Muslim In The House? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2015
Rilwayne001:

The OP asked about difference, not the best between them.
there is big difference btw sunni and shi'a
Re: Any Muslim In The House? by Rilwayne001: 6:51pm On Aug 14, 2015
neurologist:
there is big difference btw sunni and shi'a

O please highlight these differences.
Re: Any Muslim In The House? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
Rilwayne001:

O please highlight these differences.
the prophet (SAW) practice sunni...cuz d prophet said anybdy being guided by d qur'an and d hadith which is sunni will neva get lost...so anytin other dan dat is innovation(bidi'a)
Re: Any Muslim In The House? by lawnreigh(m): 8:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
neurologist:
the prophet (SAW) practice sunni...cuz d prophet said anybdy being guided by d qur'an and d hadith which is sunni will neva get lost...so anytin other dan dat is innovation(bidi'a)
hmmm more insight, that means those others practices from other books asides Quran and Hadith
Re: Any Muslim In The House? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2015
lawnreigh:
hmmm more insight, that means those others practices from other books asides Quran and Hadith
those are books from islamic scholars to help u understand islam better
Re: Any Muslim In The House? by Maamin(m): 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
So does that mean those that practiced Shii and Suffi are going to be destroyed by Allah? undecided
Re: Any Muslim In The House? by Anas09: 8:49pm On Aug 14, 2015
Educate us pls. The muslims always open their hypocritical mouths to criticise Christian denominations, wen islam is worst.
Answer the ops.
Re: Any Muslim In The House? by lawnreigh(m): 11:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
neurologist:
those are books from islamic scholars to help u understand islam better
So what is the Final verdict now? Cos you said they use books from Islamic scholar which makes us understand religion better(To compliment What is in Quran & Hadith Wh isn't a bad thing), Why then are u condemning them and saying Sunni is best? Moreover for a normal Muslim that goes to Mosque & follow the rule, Do it means they are automatically practicing Sunni?
Re: Any Muslim In The House? by lawnreigh(m): 11:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
Anas09:
Educate us pls. The muslims always open their hypocritical mouths to criticise Christian denominations, wen islam is worst.
Answer the ops.
Brother it's not a form of denomination it's like 2 categories which is like Catholic & Protestant from what I understand and it's not like it's complicated denominations that can be started by anybody and start calling themselves pastor, just like we have thousands of churches in Nigeria, even in advance countries & where Christianity started its just 2 forms Catholic and Protestant but in Nigeria and Africa is now where they splited the Protestant into thousands upto the extent that anybody can come and create its own and remember unlike in Christianity any Muslim can pray in any Mosque be it Sunni, Sufi, Shii but it's hard for a Member of Church A to go to Church B and pray, the only differences among the Islamic 1 isn't expressed in the public gatherings like Mosque and co because they pray in the same mosque, do all the necessary things together but the differences is just in a private way of life of the followers, the way they pray, the books they use and co and that is the reason why even as a Muslim you might not be aware of it unless you want to have a deep knowledge of any differences, it's possible to be a Muslim for a lifetime without spotting any differences if you are not observant enough or seek deep knowledge.
Re: Any Muslim In The House? by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 15, 2015
lawnreigh:
So what is the Final verdict now? Cos you said they use books from Islamic scholar which makes us understand religion better(To compliment What is in Quran & Hadith Wh isn't a bad thing), Why then are u condemning them and saying Sunni is best? Moreover for a normal Muslim that goes to Mosque & follow the rule, Do it means they are automatically practicing Sunni?
I'm refering to sunni now nt shi'a..I dnt want to talk abt shi'a b4 d shi'ites start attacking me
Re: Any Muslim In The House? by lawnreigh(m): 8:15am On Aug 15, 2015
neurologist:
I'm refering to sunni now nt shi'a..I dnt want to talk abt shi'a b4 d shi'ites start attacking me
ok thanks so much for all the insight, Ma salaam

(1) (Reply)

Atrocities Of British Toward Islam By Baba Ali Mustapha / Please I Need Help!!! Any Prophet Of God In The House?!! / Live At The Experience 10 Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.