Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:40 PM

A Nigerian Based Free E-learning Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Nigerian Based Free E-learning Website (754 Views)

Is There Any Nigerian Based Bulk SMS Gateway? / Naija's Intending Best E-learning Website / Challenges Faced By Nigerian Based Web Developer / Entrepreneurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Based Free E-learning Website by eddyafterm(m): 8:18pm On Mar 24, 2009
I want to get the opinion of my fellow nairalanders how nice it would be to have an e-learning website. Instead of posting questions on forums, we can post them directly to instructors who will answer our questions in a more technical manner.

how about this. Opinions and suggestions needed.
Re: A Nigerian Based Free E-learning Website by Seun(m): 9:36pm On Mar 24, 2009
Great idea.  In other words, something like Wikipedia or Stackoverflow.  It could really work.

But you can't rely on instructors; you have to let people help each other with info on the site.
Re: A Nigerian Based Free E-learning Website by yawatide(f): 9:48pm On Mar 24, 2009
Granted none of us on here would qualify as instructors in the true sense of the word, I personally don't have any issues with topics raised on here. At any given time, questions are asked, and questions are answered.

I guess my point is, it's a good idea and don't misconstrue my point to mean I am discouraging you but, it would have to go beyond what is on here.

If you are about to build such a site, good luck!
Re: A Nigerian Based Free E-learning Website by eddyafterm(m): 9:41am On Mar 25, 2009
But you can't rely on instructors; you have to let people help each other with information on the site.

THe website is going to be realy interactive, apart from instructors, you can have a forum to discuss with other students and members of that course that understand better than you.

So it is a combination of a course module (if u been to a college or someting, assignements, online tests and quizes) and at thet same time a forum (discuss with fellow students and other instructors in the website) all packed in one great web application.

I guess my point is, it's a good idea and don't misconstrue my point to mean I am discouraging you but, it would have to go beyond what is on here.

Let's call a spade a spade. A forum is a forum, a course module is a course module if you get what i mean. As a software engineer, i know the difference.
1. A course modeule has students who are willing n eager to learn, so interaction in the course modeul, using the forum addon is primarily for learning and not for mere discussion sake.

2. A course module allows a student to evaluate (truely) what he has learnt, forums don't.

3. A course module contains resources a student can download as an aid to learning, i guess a forum does not also have this.

4. A course module has a forum inbuilt, a forum does not have a course module in built.

I am not, let me state also, discouraging the use of forums or this forum. All i am saying is, instead of having to post your questions in a forum, why not enrol in a course that covers everything you need in that subject matter. Then other things to be added.

Awesome?
Re: A Nigerian Based Free E-learning Website by yawatide(f): 12:00pm On Mar 25, 2009
Well then, as I said up top earlier:
If you are about to build such a site, good luck!

I await your site's launch cool
Re: A Nigerian Based Free E-learning Website by eddyafterm(m): 4:16pm On Mar 25, 2009
I await your site's launch

In three day's time, the site will be up and running. Courses will be created and interested people can join any course.

(1) (Reply)

Rate My Blog / Need Tutorials(e-books) On How To Build Website Layouts(temp) Using Photoshop. / How Do I Get My Own Website?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.