Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Further Proof Of Fupre's Lack Of Organization And Co-ordination - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Further Proof Of Fupre's Lack Of Organization And Co-ordination (881 Views)

Agonies Of FUPRE, Africa’s 1st Petroleum Varsity @ 10 / Photos Of A Snake Killed In FUPRE Campus / A Thread For All Basic Studies Students Of FUPRE 2015/2016 Session. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Further Proof Of Fupre's Lack Of Organization And Co-ordination by MVLOX(m): 1:34pm On Aug 15, 2015
Yesterday been the 14th of August 2015 was scheduled for the post UME examinations in the Federal university of Petroleum Resources, Effurun. As usual students were told to come very early as accreditation was to start by 8am. Students accompanied by both parents and guidances were present way before 8am. This made the once calm Iterigbe axis of the Ughelli - Port Harcourt to become as busy as the popular Igbudu market in Warri. Soldiers and policemen where on ground to ensure the smooth running of the process and manage any crisis. Sadly though accreditation didn't start until about 12 pm or there about. It should be noted that this students where left in the open where they exposed to the sun and later to the cold rain. The canopies provided by the school authority were not just inadequate but non functional as the wind just had filled day playing with it. when accreditation finally started between 12 and 1, only Petroleum engineering students which numbered more than 2000 were accredited and commenced their exams. It should also be noted that this number more than filled all the classrooms, lecture theatres and other structures within the school that were provided to for the exam (SUG building, Engineering labs etc). After an more than an hour Petroleum Engineering students came out while two more engineering departments went in. This was the pattern of events that took place until the finally sets of students went in to write their post UME at about past 6 and to 7. As a student i was able to finally gain access in the school where i frantically searched for the young lady i accompanied. Fortunately I found her as was coming from the lecture theater 2. fortunately too she was about to call me with her phone have just 4% of battery life. She recounted her rain, cold, the sun and hunger dealt with her all in the name of an exam. As at about past 7 when I left the school premises parents where still outside the school gate(as they where not allowed to enter in the school premises)with their phone touches on as they tried to identify their wards as they came out. Just when I thought that this was sad enough the their came about the issue of transportation. Since it was already past 7 buses where rather few or not even available to take students to their destination or even to major junctions like the Effurun round about, PTI junction or Jakpa junction. Students and parent struggled and hustled to get in the few available keke NAPEPs. After much waiting i had to take a keke to my opposite direction (Agbarho) where i was sure of seeing either a bus or keke to my final destination at Jakpa road. i felt bad again when i saw that those who couldn't fight or wait for the few keke NAPEPs where already trekking to the DSC roundabout. There was this sight of a mother and her son trekking that made me really feel bad.

The big questions now comes: couldn't FUPRE as a school prepare better for this exam especially since this was also a major problem last year? What happened to the former pattern of using major secondary schools around Effurun to support the few structures own by the school? why cant FUPRE borrow the pattern of using more than a day for their postume (day 1 for Engineering while day 2 for sciences)? why has the construction of new structures continue to move at snail speed?

FUPRE is the only Petroleum University in Nigeria and the second in Africa, as such "MORE LIGHT'' (Like my ex VC said at the result collation during last general election) should be shed on this issue to avoid further unnecessary stress to both parents and students, and a further damage to the good image of this young but soon to be very great institution.

Re: Further Proof Of Fupre's Lack Of Organization And Co-ordination by kodded(m): 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2015
MVLOX:
Yesterday been the 14th of August 2015 was scheduled for the post UME examinations in the Federal university of Petroleum Resources, Effurun. As usual students were told to come very early as accreditation was to start by 8am. Students accompanied by both parents and guidances were present way before 8am. This made the once calm Iterigbe axis of the Ughelli - Port Harcourt to become as busy as the popular Igbudu market in Warri. Soldiers and policemen where on ground to ensure the smooth running of the process and manage any crisis. Sadly though accreditation didn't start until about 12 pm or there about. It should be noted that this students where left in the open where they exposed to the sun and later to the cold rain. The canopies provided by the school authority were not just inadequate but non functional as the wind just had filled day playing with it. when accreditation finally started between 12 and 1, only Petroleum engineering students which numbered more than 2000 were accredited and commenced their exams. It should also be noted that this number more than filled all the classrooms, lecture theatres and other structures within the school that were provided to for the exam (SUG building, Engineering labs etc). After an more than an hour Petroleum Engineering students came out while two more engineering departments went in. This was the pattern of events that took place until the finally sets of students went in to write their post UME at about past 6 and to 7. As a student i was able to finally gain access in the school where i frantically searched for the young lady i accompanied. Fortunately I found her as was coming from the lecture theater 2. fortunately too she was about to call me with her phone have just 4% of battery life. She recounted her rain, cold, the sun and hunger dealt with her all in the name of an exam. As at about past 7 when I left the school premises parents where still outside the school gate(as they where not allowed to enter in the school premises)with their phone touches on as they tried to identify their wards as they came out. Just when I thought that this was sad enough the their came about the issue of transportation. Since it was already past 7 buses where rather few or not even available to take students to their destination or even to major junctions like the Effurun round about, PTI junction or Jakpa junction. Students and parent struggled and hustled to get in the few available keke NAPEPs. After much waiting i had to take a keke to my opposite direction (Agbarho) where i was sure of seeing either a bus or keke to my final destination at Jakpa road. i felt bad again when i saw that those who couldn't fight or wait for the few keke NAPEPs where already trekking to the DSC roundabout. There was this sight of a mother and her son trekking that made me really feel bad.

The big questions now comes: couldn't FUPRE as a school prepare better for this exam especially since this was also a major problem last year? What happened to the former pattern of using major secondary schools around Effurun to support the few structures own by the school? why cant FUPRE borrow the pattern of using more than a day for their postume (day 1 for Engineering while day 2 for sciences)? why has the construction of new structures continue to move at snail speed?

FUPRE is the only Petroleum University in Nigeria and the second in Africa, as such "MORE LIGHT'' (Like my ex VC said at the result collation during last general election) should be shed on this issue to avoid further unnecessary stress to both parents and students, and a further damage to the good image of this young but soon to be very great institution.
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Kwara State College Of Education Lecturers In Saraki's deadly Grip / Grade Inflation: A "Necessary" Evil / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.