Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Life-changing Experience: Waitress Pays For Her Customers’ Meal,see Wht Happened - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Life-changing Experience: Waitress Pays For Her Customers’ Meal,see Wht Happened (979 Views)

Angels-awards Pays For Any Content You Publishes / Waitress Upset Over ‘best Butt’ Award Presented To Her / Kokobet Thread For Online Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life-changing Experience: Waitress Pays For Her Customers’ Meal,see Wht Happened by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2015
Life-changing Experience: Waitress Pays For Her Customers’ Meal, Then She Opened Facebook Hours Later And Almost Fainted At What She Saw

This is one of those stories that restores your faith in humanity and teaches the importance of giving and being kind to others.

http://www.informationng.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/329.jpg

Please read below…

Tim Young and Paul Hullings (pictured above) from New Jersey are hearty firefighters that live for their work. They once worked tirelessly for 12 hours to clear out a fire. After which, being completely exhausted, they went to a diner around 6 am to request the strongest cup of coffee the diner could muster.

Their waitress that day was Liz Woodward and she just happened to overhear the two firefighters discussing their tiresome battle. Eventually, when Tim and Paul went to pay, they were quite surprised. Instead of their bill, they were given this message.

http://3.bp..com/-awF8UkP9LBc/Vc8fscTxMFI/AAAAAAAGPng/j2sFxWArN0g/s640/d4ad65c9565d378907712026fdc2d03f.jpg

As Tim and Paul read this message, their eyes fill up with tears. They thank the kind waitress for her warm gesture. Then Tim went on Facebook to recount the event : 

“Such a selfless and kind act. I definitely urge my friends to make a trip out and support the business, and if Liz happens to be your waitress, tip big.
But the story doesn’t end there! The firefighter was told by someone on the Facebook post that Liz’s father, Steve, is quadriplegic and has been paralyzed for 5 years and that Liz set up a donation page a few months earlier to fund a wheelchair accessible vehicle so that she can take her father places. 

Tim then urged people on Facebook and his colleagues to donate to Liz’s crowd-fund : “Turns out, the young lady who gave us a free meal is really the one that could use the help…”

http://3.bp..com/-AFS37RS57Nk/Vc8fxS5M93I/AAAAAAAGPns/uugrhM3DLVk/s1600/91185d4d35e1a69842538dc226edb215.jpg

Then the unbelievable happened: within a few days, she had gathered more than $70,000 – far more than the $17,000 needed for a wheelchair accessible van! Liz and her family couldn’t be more grateful to the two firemen. 

“All I did was pay for their breakfast. I didn’t expect anything more than a smile,” says the waitress “It goes to show that you just have to be kind to each other and that even the smallest gesture can change a life.”

http://2.bp..com/-UYhMCdmmS_8/Vc8fxjKb9CI/AAAAAAAGPn4/SVPRvfW9jYs/s1600/6c78012e357c367506b4edc51e722c2a.jpg

Liz (in red) with her dad, siblings and the fire fighters who changed her life.
Re: Life-changing Experience: Waitress Pays For Her Customers’ Meal,see Wht Happened by DuchessLily(f): 5:19pm On Aug 15, 2015
Na so! The words are true!

Give and it shall be given unto u!

Givers never lack
Re: Life-changing Experience: Waitress Pays For Her Customers’ Meal,see Wht Happened by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
DuchessLily:
Na so! The words are true!

Give and it shall be given unto u!

Givers never lack

You are right!
Re: Life-changing Experience: Waitress Pays For Her Customers’ Meal,see Wht Happened by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 15, 2015
time for pay back
Re: Life-changing Experience: Waitress Pays For Her Customers’ Meal,see Wht Happened by kunletoks(m): 7:01pm On Aug 15, 2015
A lady I haven't met before paid for my lunch yesterday. I was shy, couldn't even ask what her name was.
I pray may God always put a smile on her face.

(1) (Reply)

[video] Marvins – Jantamanta (official) / Breaking NEWS!!!! NITEL Building On Fire PIX / 7 Types Of Beggars You're Sure To Meet In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.