Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. (2897 Views)

Woman With Issue Of Blood 'Healed' At Dominion City After 11 Years / What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) / Shedding Of Blood Is Not The Only Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by winner01(m): 11:53pm On Aug 15, 2015
When Moses had proclaimed every commandment of the law to all the people, he took the blood of calves, together with water, scarlet wool and branches of hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll and all the people. He said, “This is the blood of the covenant, which God has commanded you to keep.” In the same way, he sprinkled with the blood both the tabernacle and everything used in its ceremonies. In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness ( Hebrews 9:19-22 ).

Both the Old and New Covenants were put into effect by blood. The blood proved the death, thereby enforcing and enacting the will of the one who died ( Hebrews 9:17 ). Leviticus 17:11 explains why the blood was used, “For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life” ( Leviticus 17:11 ). So it was necessary for both Covenants to be ushered in by blood, because first it proved the death because the blood is the life force. And secondly, it was given for atonement. So without it, there could be no forgiveness for sins.

Jesus’ blood was shed to usher in the New Covenant. His blood proved that a death had occurred thereby enacting His last will and testament . His blood was the price necessary for this will to come to pass, in other words, it put this covenant into effect. The New Covenant is not only the will of Jesus, whose blood ushered it in, it is also the will of God. Throughout Jesus’ time on earth He said over and over that His will was to do the will of the Father ( John 6:38 ). He stressed that what He said was only what the Father told Him to say ( John 8:28 ) and He did only what He saw the Father do ( John 5:19 ). His words and teachings were not His own but from the One who sent Him ( John 7:16 ). In fact John 6:38 summarizes this very nicely, “For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me” ( John 6:38 ). The writer of Hebrews starts chapter 1 by declaring that Jesus is the exact representation of God the Father ( Hebrews 1:3 ). Since they are one and the same, we can see that Jesus’ blood was the life force that was able to usher in the will of God, which was the New Covenant.

Not only did Jesus’ blood prove the death and put the Covenant into effect. Part of the New Covenant that God spoke of through the prophets included the forgiveness of sins ( Jeremiah 31:31-34, Isaiah 54:13, Hebrews 8:8-12, Hebrews 10:16-18 ). Leviticus 17:11 says the life force is in the blood and this is used as a means for atonement. So Jesus’ blood served multiple purposes, it enacted the Will of the Covenant and it was the cleansing agent for sin. If no blood was shed, there couldn’t be any forgiveness for sins.

The Vines Dictionary of New Testament Words brings clarification to this point. There are two words used for blood in Hebrews 9. The first one is haima , which has many meanings, but in this case it denotes the blood of sacrificial victims ( Hebrews 9:7 ). “The "blood" of Christ, which betokens His death by the shedding of His "blood" in expiatory sacrifice; to drink His "blood" is to appropriate the saving effects of His expiatory death, John 6:53. As "the life of the flesh is in the blood," Lev 17:11, and was forfeited by sin, life eternal can be imparted only by the expiation made, in the giving up of the life by the sinless Savior” (Vines Dictionary). In other words, life had been forfeited because of sin, which is why Jesus’ life was given so that He, as a sinless man, could impart eternal life through this sacrifice. Jesus himself said this, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you . Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day” ( John 6:53-54 ). Our life was forfeited because of sin, but Jesus’ blood was shed to forgive and restore us to a state as if we had never sinned in the first place ( II Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 9:12, Hebrews 9:26, Hebrews 10:10, Hebrews 10:12, Hebrews 10:14, Hebrews 10:18).

The second word for blood used in Hebrews 9:22 is haimatekchysia, which means the “shedding of blood”, to pour out. Jesus didn’t just give His blood, He let it flow freely. In fact, it didn’t stop until every last drop had been given. He was poured out unto death, which is what Isaiah prophesied about Him, “Therefore I will give him a portion among the great, and he will divide the spoils with the strong, because he poured out his life unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors. For he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors” ( Isaiah 5:3:12 ). His life force completely covered, cleansed and annulled sin. Our lives had been forfeited because of sin, however His blood completely reversed the effect of sin so that we could experience eternal life.

Jesus understood this which is why He spoke these words while reclining at the table with His disciples at the last supper. “Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins” ( Matthew 26:27-28 ). He knew the price to bring us to the Father and His own words testify to the fact that He would let the blood flow freely. He knew His blood would usher in the covenant and it would completely and utterly blot out and destroy the effects and stains of sins.

His perfect blood was shed to usher in both the New Covenant and the forgiveness of sins. Neither one could be accomplished without it which is why He freely gave himself to the will of God. Jesus accomplished what we could not and because of His sacrifice we have been forgiven, freed and offered eternal life through the person of Jesus Christ.
God bless you.

www.jcblog.net/

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 16, 2015
We've been freed..... Free! Not with fear as many count it as fear.

Thank you
Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by menesheh(m): 3:51am On Aug 16, 2015
Each time you want to forgive your offender, you have to shed blood first right? since there is no forgiveness without blood.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by cold(m): 7:05am On Aug 16, 2015
menesheh:
Each time you want to forgive your offender, you have to shed blood right? since there is not forgiveness without blood.
Seriously you have to wonder at the mindset of the people who believe and propagate this kind of message..vigorously smh.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by frank317: 7:19am On Aug 16, 2015
Seriously, what's the difference between your God and Amadioha?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by Rilwayne001: 8:43am On Aug 16, 2015
Really?

1 Like

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by Rilwayne001: 8:47am On Aug 16, 2015
frank317:

Lool....I don't think Amadioha is as bloodthirsty as Ogún lakaaye. Ogún in his panegyrics; is said to prefer bloodbath than to bath with water.
I think the bible God is no difference as the OP portrayed him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 16, 2015
Though,I love Christ,yet this doctrine of "no forgiveness without shedding of blood" does not go down well with me....and when you ask questions,the usual reply is"you don't apply reason in the things of God"....
I wonder what I am supossed to use in studying the scriptures.....

4 Likes

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by malvisguy212: 9:24am On Aug 16, 2015
awotuphylle:
Though,I love Christ,yet this doctrine of "no forgiveness without shedding of blood" does not go down well with me....and when you ask questions,the usual reply is"you don't apply reason in the things of God"....
I wonder what I am supossed to use in studying the scriptures.....
The New Testament says that Jesus is our
sacrificial Lamb. The Passover lamb was
to be a "male without defect,"
Exodus 12:5
The animals you choose must be
year-old males without DEFECT, and
you may take them from the sheep
or the goats.
Jesus forestshadowing this sacrifice in
the new testament:
1Peter 1:18-19
For you know that it was not with
perishable things such as silver or
gold that you were redeemed from
the empty way of life handed down
to you from your forefathers, but
with the precious blood of Christ,A
LAMB WITHOUT BLEMISH OR DEFECT.
In addition, when the lamb was roasted
and eaten, NONE OF ITS BONES WERE TO
BE BROKEN. This fact was also
prophesized for the Messiah, whose
bones were not to be broken:
Exodus 12:46
"It must be eaten inside one house;
take none of the meat outside the
house. DO NOT BREAK ANY OF THE
BONES.
Again our Lord Jesus christ
forestshadowing this event:
John 19:32, 33, 36
The soldiers therefore came, and
broke the legs of the first man, and
of the other man who was crucified
with Him; but coming to Jesus, when
they saw that He was already dead,
THEY DID NOT BREAK HIS LEGS ;... For
these things came to pass, that the
Scripture might be fulfilled, "Not a
bone of Him shall be broken."
Psalm 34:20
He keeps all his bones; not one of
them is broken.
https://www.nairaland.com/2470199/how-passover-reveals-jesus-christ

1 Like

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by malvisguy212: 9:26am On Aug 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Lool....I don't think Amadioha is as bloodthirsty as Ogún lakaaye. Ogún in his panegyrics; is said to prefer bloodbath than to bath with water.
you called God 'a blood thirsty being" but you cannot produce a single verse in the quran where All seems to show love to unbelievers.
Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by Titto93(m): 9:40am On Aug 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

It's a pity you can't decipher the use of blood in the bible and the use of blood in traditional mythology...
Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by Rilwayne001: 10:15am On Aug 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
you called God 'a blood thirsty being"

Your bible claimed so, isn't it?

but you cannot produce a single verse in the quran where All seems to show love to unbelievers.

Quran 60:8

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by malvisguy212: 11:03am On Aug 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Your bible claimed so, isn't it?

Allah does not forbid you from those who do
not fight you because of religion and do not
expel you from your homes - from being
righteous toward them and acting justly toward
them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

In other word , Allah hate those who fight you and love those who do not fight you. Every sane human being will understand the meaning of this verse.

Is it hard to provide something like this ?
Romans 5:8
But God shows his love for us in that
while we were still sinners, Christ died
for us.
John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave
his only Son, that whoever believes in
him should not perish but have eternal
life.
Matthew 5:43-48
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You
shall love your neighbor and hate your
enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your
enemies and pray for those who
persecute you, so that you may be sons
of your Father who is in heaven. For he
makes his sun rise on the evil and on the
good, and sends rain on the just and on
the unjust. For if you love those who love
you, what reward do you have? Do not
even the tax collectors do the same? And
if you greet only your brothers, what
more are you doing than others? Do not
even the Gentiles do the same? ...
1 John 4:10
In this is love, not that we have loved
God but that he loved us and sent his
Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

The quranic verse you provide talk about conditional love compear to the biblical verse I provide which talk about unconditional love for ALL people including sinners.

2 Likes

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 16, 2015
frank317:
Amadioha had limits.

He didnt kill his son, who was himself, who was him, and himself and another Spirit. Lol.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 16, 2015
According to Christian Logic...

A celestial being that was able to - -by the power of just words - - create the whole universe(millions of animals and plants, earth, sun, moon) , such great accomplishments, yet was so petty he couldn't/was unable to let go of a grudge until.....

The blood of His Son, who was Himself, was spilled.
Incredulous. Amazing.

A God/Creator unable to forgive until a sacrifice was performed.
And the sacrifice isnt enough.

You have to believe the sacrifice happened to be forgiven. The sacrifice has been made but your belief is still required for the debt to be written off.

If there is any Cosmic being, surely he would consider this the greatest of all blasphemies. Can the Most High be so petty?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by Rilwayne001: 11:21am On Aug 16, 2015
musKeeto:

Amadioha had limits.

He didnt kill his son, who was himself, who was him, and himself and another Spirit. Lol.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
The New Testament says that Jesus is our
sacrificial Lamb. The Passover lamb was
to be a "male without defect,"
Exodus 12:5
The animals you choose must be
year-old males without DEFECT, and
you may take them from the sheep
or the goats.
Jesus forestshadowing this sacrifice in
the new testament:
1Peter 1:18-19
For you know that it was not with
perishable things such as silver or
gold that you were redeemed from
the empty way of life handed down
to you from your forefathers, but
with the precious blood of Christ,A
LAMB WITHOUT BLEMISH OR DEFECT.
In addition, when the lamb was roasted
and eaten, NONE OF ITS BONES WERE TO
BE BROKEN. This fact was also
prophesized for the Messiah, whose
bones were not to be broken:
Exodus 12:46
"It must be eaten inside one house;
take none of the meat outside the
house. DO NOT BREAK ANY OF THE
BONES.
Again our Lord Jesus christ
forestshadowing this event:
John 19:32, 33, 36
The soldiers therefore came, and
broke the legs of the first man, and
of the other man who was crucified
with Him; but coming to Jesus, when
they saw that He was already dead,
THEY DID NOT BREAK HIS LEGS ;... For
these things came to pass, that the
Scripture might be fulfilled, "Not a
bone of Him shall be broken."
Psalm 34:20
He keeps all his bones; not one of
them is broken.
https://www.nairaland.com/2470199/how-passover-reveals-jesus-christ
Really?...but are we not suposed to forgive easily?..y didn't God Almighty just forgive us?....I see similarity betwEen this and our traditional gods....#justcurious#

1 Like

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by malvisguy212: 11:26am On Aug 16, 2015
musKeeto:

Amadioha had limits.

where in the bible it say, God killed his son ? Did Jesus remain dead ?
Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by malvisguy212: 11:32am On Aug 16, 2015
awotuphylle:

Really?...but are we not suposed to forgive easily?..y didn't God Almighty just forgive us?....I see similarity betwEen this and our traditional gods....#justcurious#
God forgive us and even provide a simple way for sin atoning. When I sin, I don't have to sacrifice lamb anymore, I just need to go down on my knell and ask God for mercy through christ Jesus.

any muslim should answer this,
Under the Mosaic Law, what were the
Jews doing on the “Day of Atonement”
since 1513 B.C.E.?
Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
where in the bible it say, God killed his son ? Did Jesus remain dead ?
The redemption, God's perfect plan to reconcile us to himself, involved the death of Jesus. True or false?

Jesus had to die. JESUS had to die. GOD placed man in a garden, MAN disobeys God, God peseveres with man for sometime, accepting animal sacrifice, the blood of bulls, oxen, goats etc while he prepares Jesus for the ultimate show at Golgotha. The ultimate show of love. A manGod dead, bleeding, hands nailed to a cross, hjs father's will obeyed, his believers now forgiven.

There is a catch though. He would only be dead for 3 days. 3 days. Thats just a weekend. Might have been the only time he experienced peace in his life.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by malvisguy212: 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2015
musKeeto:

The redemption, God's perfect plan to reconcile us to himself, involved the death of Jesus. True or false?

Jesus had to die. JESUS had to die. GOD placed man in a garden, MAN disobeys God, God peseveres with man for sometime, accepting animal sacrifice, the blood of bulls, oxen, goats etc while he prepares Jesus for the ultimate show at Golgotha. The ultimate show of love. A manGod dead, bleeding, hands nailed to a cross, hjs father's will obeyed, his believers now forgiven.

There is a catch though. He would only be dead for 3 days. 3 days. Thats just a weekend. Might have been the only time he experienced peace in his life.
the death of Jesus signified the wrath of God is fullfiled. The parable of the vindresser indicate "Jesus freely come to die by his own WILL"

When the Old Testament prophet Isaiah
predicted the suffering of Messiah he
said, “But the Lord was pleased to crush
Him, putting Him to grief” (53:10). Why?
Why would God the Father be pleased to kill His only begotten Son? The verse goes on to answer that question, “If He would render Himself as a guilt offering.” God was pleased with the obedience of Jesus and the price He willingly paid for the guilt of our sin.

2 Likes

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by winner01(m): 1:30pm On Aug 16, 2015
"How does one explain words of Wisdom to a 4 year old simply because the 4 year old knows how to speak..." ......Im still wondering what type of "fool" the bible meant in psalm 14:1...
Ignore the muslims, even they dont understand the reason for animal sacrifices in the days of Moses, Abraham etc...
In the end, its only the Holy Spirit that can open ones eyes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by Princewell2012(m): 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
the death of Jesus signified the wrath of God is fullfiled. The parable of the vindresser indicate "Jesus freely come to die by his own WILL"

When the Old Testament prophet Isaiah
predicted the suffering of Messiah he
said, “But the Lord was pleased to crush
Him, putting Him to grief” (53:10). Why?
Why would God the Father be pleased to kill His only begotten Son? The verse goes on to answer that question, “If He would render Himself as a guilt offering.” God was pleased with the obedience of Jesus and the price He willingly paid for the guilt of our sin.
My brother the more i read this very one, THE WRATH OF GOD AND THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD, the more i got confuse. Is it not possible for God to forgive Adam without these shedding of blood?
Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by malvisguy212: 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2015
Princewell2012:
My brother the more i read this very one, THE WRATH OF GOD AND THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD, the more i got confuse. Is it not possible for God to forgive Adam without these shedding of blood?
1.God was gracious to warn Adam about
sin and its consequences. God told Adam
not to eat of the fruit of the forbidden
tree.He told him that if he did, he would
die ( Genesis 2:15-17).
2.When Adam sinned, God did not
immediately put Adam to death, as his
sin deserved. Instead, God sought Adam
out, and exposed his sin ( Genesis 3:8-13).
God also indicated the consequences
Adam and his wife would experience
because of their sin ( Genesis 3:8-19).
3. God promised to provide a cure for
sin and death ( Genesis 3:15). He also
provided Adam and Eve with coverings
(3:21).
4. God graciously removed Adam and
Eve from the garden, and prevented
them from returning to it. He kept them
from eating of the tree of life, lest they
live forever in their sin (3:22-24).
5. God was gracious to turn the curse
into the cure. Death kept Adam and Eve
from living forever as condemned
sinners. It was death (the death of Jesus
Christ on the cross of Calvary) that
ultimately and permanently defeated
Satan, sin, and death -- because our Lord
died in the sinner's place, and then rose
from the dead. Even the woman's pain in
childbearing was gracious, because it was
through this painful process that the
Messiah would someday come into the
world to save sinners.
6. God graciously gave Adam and Eve
another son -- Seth -- after Cain killed
Abel (4:25-26). It was after the birth of
Seth that people began to worship the
Lord (4:26). Did this include Adam? I am
inclined to think so.
All of this suggests that Adam and Eve
did seek God's forgiveness, and receive
it. The Bible places the emphasis on
Adam's sin (and not on his repentance
and forgiveness) because it was through
Adam's sin that all mankind was
corrupted and brought under the same
sentence of death ( Romans 5:12-21).
Adam turns our attention toward the sin
of the human race. Jesus Christ turns our
attention to life and righteousness.

God forgive adam ,but still the deed has already been committed , are you not a christian? did you not read in the bible ,after the fall of man, mankind continue to be rebellious? Why ? Because human cannot do without sin , the only solution is to provide a way for man (to reconciled himself with us) .

1 Like

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
the death of Jesus signified the wrath of God is fullfiled.
Exactly my point. god was so angry with us, his son sacrificed himself to appease him.

The son was willing to lose his life(temporarily) to appease his father, and in turn got a 'name above all names'.

What a story. It's the year 2015 and someone is trying to convince me that this universe is all about a Jewish carpenter and three nails. cheesy

Your stories require FAITH because they do not stand up to reason. That's why you call them mysteries; you barely understand them too.

You've absorbed stories written by Jewish cavemen who had little knowledge about the world they lived in. Sadly, you've believed their stories to be true. Ordinarily, you wouldn't take those stories serious.
Do you really believe, BY GOOD REASON, that a talking snake convinced a woman to ignore the commands of her creator?
Do you believe that a man was swallowed by a fish and spent 3 days in its belly?
Today, if you handed over 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes to me, and I somehow multiply it tenfold, comr give you may you chop, you go chop? tongue

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 16, 2015
winner01:
"How does one explain words of Wisdom to a 4 year old simply because the 4 year old knows how to speak..." ......Im still wondering what type of "fool" the bible meant in psalm 14:1...
Ignore the muslims, even they dont understand the reason for animal sacrifices in the days of Moses, Abraham etc...
In the end, its only the Holy Spirit that can open ones eyes.
The Holy Spirit closes your eyes to the real world. You become myopic, unable to reason outside a box. A hundred and one religions, a myriad of gods, both old and new, and you claim yours is the right one.

Your proof : FAITH.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by malvisguy212: 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2015
musKeeto:

Exactly my point. god was so angry with us, his son sacrificed himself to appease him.

The son was willing to lose his life(temporarily) to appease his father, and in turn got a 'name above all names'.

What a story. It's the year 2015 and someone is trying to convince me that this universe is all about a Jewish carpenter and three nails. cheesy

Your stories require FAITH because they do not stand up to reason. That's why you call them mysteries; you barely understand them too.

You've absorbed stories written by Jewish cavemen who had little knowledge about the world they lived in. Sadly, you've believed their stories to be true. Ordinarily, you wouldn't take those stories serious.
Do you really believe, BY GOOD REASON, that a talking snake convinced a woman to ignore the commands of her creator?
Do you believe that a man was swallowed by a fish and spent 3 days in its belly?
Today, if you handed over 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes to me, and I somehow multiply it tenfold, comr give you may you chop, you go chop? tongue

the bible indicate it, Jesus knew he will suffered a painful death,YET he chose the way, infacte the bible say He was obedient to death, the bible also say he was taken to be killed and slaughter YET he open NOT His mouth as a sheep. So prior to his death, He had the chance to excap this execution but Refused, he WILLINGLY went.

The talking snake did not just talk on his own, the context is very clear, the snake was possessed by satan.I dint just believe the bible, I was convinced from my heart , it is the word of God.

1 Like

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by OgundeleT(m): 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
1.God was gracious to warn Adam about
sin and its consequences. God told Adam
not to eat of the fruit of the forbidden
tree.He told him that if he did, he would
die ( Genesis 2:15-17).
2.When Adam sinned, God did not
immediately put Adam to death, as his
sin deserved. Instead, God sought Adam
out, and exposed his sin ( Genesis 3:8-13).
God also indicated the consequences
Adam and his wife would experience
because of their sin ( Genesis 3:8-19).
3. God promised to provide a cure for
sin and death ( Genesis 3:15). He also
provided Adam and Eve with coverings
(3:21).
4. God graciously removed Adam and
Eve from the garden, and prevented
them from returning to it. He kept them
from eating of the tree of life, lest they
live forever in their sin (3:22-24).
5. God was gracious to turn the curse
into the cure. Death kept Adam and Eve
from living forever as condemned
sinners. It was death (the death of Jesus
Christ on the cross of Calvary) that
ultimately and permanently defeated
Satan, sin, and death -- because our Lord
died in the sinner's place, and then rose
from the dead. Even the woman's pain in
childbearing was gracious, because it was
through this painful process that the
Messiah would someday come into the
world to save sinners.
6. God graciously gave Adam and Eve
another son -- Seth -- after Cain killed
Abel (4:25-26). It was after the birth of
Seth that people began to worship the
Lord (4:26). Did this include Adam? I am
inclined to think so.
All of this suggests that Adam and Eve
did seek God's forgiveness, and receive
it. The Bible places the emphasis on
Adam's sin (and not on his repentance
and forgiveness) because it was through
Adam's sin that all mankind was
corrupted and brought under the same
sentence of death ( Romans 5:12-21).
Adam turns our attention toward the sin
of the human race. Jesus Christ turns our
attention to life and righteousness.

God forgive adam ,but still the deed has already been committed , are you not a christian? did you not read in the bible ,after the fall of man, mankind continue to be rebellious? Why ? Because human cannot do without sin , the only solution is to provide a way for man (to reconciled himself with us) .
did God know all these are going to happen or not
Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
the bible indicate it, Jesus knew he will suffered a painful death,YET he chose the way, infacte the bible say He was obedient to death, the bible also say he was taken to be killed and slaughter YET he open NOT His mouth as a sheep. So prior to his death, He had the chance to excap this execution but Refused, he WILLINGLY went.

The talking snake did not just talk on his own, the context is very clear, the snake was possessed by satan.I dint just believe the bible, I was convinced from my heart , it is the word of God.
If Jesus didn't die, why would your god need a son? sad
Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by malvisguy212: 8:39pm On Aug 16, 2015
musKeeto:

If Jesus didn't die, why would your god need a son? sad
did I say, Jesus did not die ?
Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by malvisguy212: 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
OgundeleT:

did God know all these are going to happen or not
yes ,God knew All this will happened. Jesus had the chance to save himself, but he WILLINGLY gave himself up, and the bible say God was pleased.do you have any other way for the remission of sin ?

True out the old testament, the atoning of sin forestshadow the death of Jesus , in exedus the Passover lamb must be a male without defect ( Jesus is sinless) the Passover lamb must be eating without breaking the bone ( Jesus bone were not broken on the cross even dough the Jews custom was that before the sabbath day the person crucified, his bone must be broken, BUT our lord bone were not broken. There are lot more you need to know how the Passover lamb revealed God plan in christ Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Without The Shedding Of Blood, There Is NO Forgiveness. by frank317: 11:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Further... I think the Islamic God is worse. Don't quote me if u are a Muslim. I consider u all in the same shoe.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Demonic Kabbalah Hebrew Sex Magic Used To Create Sodomite Soldiers. / A Response To The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden's Account Of The Fall / How I Overcome The Curse Of Hatred = Rejection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.