Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Where Did We Get It Wrong? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Where Did We Get It Wrong? (388 Views)

~~~prof. Wole Soyinka Says, 'where Did We Go Wrong? Wake Up Nigerian Youths!'~~~ / If You Have To Beg Or Ask A Girl For Sex, You're Doing It Wrong... / 'where Did We Go Wrong? Wake Up Nigerian Youths!' By Prof.wole Soyinka. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Did We Get It Wrong? by 2sex(m): 8:53am On Aug 16, 2015
My heart bleed as I ponder over the average Nigerian's heartlessness.

I wish to draw our attention to the way we kill sisters, brother, father, mother indirectly.

Two case in point.

Aluu boys. We could recall how 3 boys where burnt alive, despite their plea, their cry but NO SINGLE person could alert outsiders to come to their rescue even when they had the chance. But a group of them took fun to video and snap pictures of what was happening, albeit tragic.

Another case is the recent incidence of a girl who bled to death. Again, instead of helping the young lady to the nearest hospital, Nigerians watch this girl bled to death. As usual, they took fun in video and snapping pictures. However, the young lady became an instant "celebrity" as her story grace the blogosphere and social media.

Another set of people (readers on nairaland and elsewhere), who would sometime in their life claim to be a graduate or learned as the case may could not discern a runs from a normal human. They saw picture, which has been wildly proclaimed to speak thousand words, something that could have explained better and disapprove what is being spread, but chose to swallow hook line and sinker what they read or heard. Tell me where is the value of education acquired over the years?

Where did we get it wrong in this country, where is our conscience for goodness sake? Have we for once imagined ourselves in the conditions of these people whom we destroy with prints?

The worse are the bloggers. In saner climes, people use their blogs to spread good things but over here, it has become virus and a monster of a sort. I think stringent laws need to be enacted to deal with this set of people.

We need to wake up bring forth our HUMAN consciousness else, we shall one day wake up to find ourselves in same helpless condition we have partook. What goes around comes around. KARMA is a wicked bitchhhh

(1) (Reply)

Intellectual: Complete This Phrase.....! / Actress, Salma Hayek Obtains An Interim Injunction Against Two Fans She Claimed / Y'all Need To Read This..... "An Open Letter To MTN"... Lmao!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.