Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] - Phones (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] (482556 Views)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by honsule(m): 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
kayjasper:
Please, is there anyone with customer care line for a Gionee care center in Lagos?
Need to make enquiries before the holiday is over.

Thanks.

Engineer Name: Justine/Ekeh Thaddeus Ndubuisi

Phone: 07068732240/08092801972

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Felicitalisco(f): 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2016
honsule:

if you are within the warranty period of 15 months, It will be replace free of charge.

which engineer is calling 37k? Gionee Engineer? which state are u based?

ondo state but I gave it to someone based in lag and she said the engineers in Ikeja called it 37k
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Felicitalisco(f): 12:46pm On Dec 27, 2016
honsule:

if you are within the warranty period of 15 months, It will be replace free of charge.

which engineer is calling 37k? Gionee Engineer? which state are u based?

and yes I av a year warranty
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by kayjasper(f): 1:21pm On Dec 27, 2016
honsule:

Engineer Name: Justine/Ekeh Thaddeus Ndubuisi

Phone: 07068732240/08092801972

Thanks so much. I really appreciate your help.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by honsule(m): 1:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
Felicitalisco:

ondo state but I gave it to someone based in lag and she said the engineers in Ikeja called it 37k

Call Ibadan Gionee Engineer and ask. If u are within the warranty period of 15 months, it should be free

Engineer Name: Oni Oluwatoba Samuel

Phone: 08050438412
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by honsule(m): 1:27pm On Dec 27, 2016
kayjasper:

Thanks so much. I really appreciate your help.

You are welcome. cool
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by kayjasper(f): 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2016
ColonelDrake:

What would you like to know? I was there on the 24th.

Want to know how many days it will take to replace my broken screen and how much it will cost me.
The Gionee guys around here are lazy and sluggish, my phone is my office and I can't afford not having it for 7days according to the Gionee guys here in I. B
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by kayjasper(f): 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2016
honsule:

Call Ibadan Gionee Engineer and ask. If u are within the warranty period of 15 months, it should be free

Engineer Name: Oni Oluwatoba Samuel

Phone: 08050438412

Oops.. U know him.. Lol

He is the laziest and unserious phone engineer I know. Everybody fights him all the time as he never fixes your phone as at when due. Very annoying guy jare.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by honsule(m): 2:09pm On Dec 27, 2016
kayjasper:

Oops.. U know him.. Lol

He is the laziest and unserious phone engineer I know. Everybody fights him all the time as he never fixes your phone as at when due. Very annoying guy jare.

u guys should report him to Gionee head office and ask them to get another Gionee Rep. Some of those phone engineer are like that. I don't personal know him. But i know the Gionee Engineer in Abuja, where am based.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by kayjasper(f): 2:40pm On Dec 27, 2016
honsule:

u guys should report him to Gionee head office and ask them to get another Gionee Rep. Some of those phone engineer are like that. I don't personal know him. But i know the Gionee Engineer in Abuja, where am based.

Oh good one. I Have always thought of reporting him, but his bosses there are equally a bit complacent and never seem to be able to discipline him enough.
For me to decide to take my device to Lagos from Ibadan, that shows how incompetent and unhelpful they can be.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 27, 2016
kayjasper:

Want to know how many days it will take to replace my broken screen and how much it will cost me.
The Gionee guys around here are lazy and sluggish, my phone is my office and I can't afford not having it for 7days according to the Gionee guys here in I. B
N8.3k - I went there for the same purpose - to replace my recently broken phone screen. Mine is a gionee mini m5
It will take at least a week to get it fixed. I didn't drop my phone though. I thought it would not take more than 2 days.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by kayjasper(f): 3:54pm On Dec 27, 2016
ColonelDrake:

N8.3k - I went there for the same purpose - to replace my recently broken phone screen. Mine is a gionee mini m5
It will take at least a week to get it fixed. I didn't drop my phone though. I thought it would not take more than 2 days.

Oops.. This is where the problem is. One week thing. cry
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by honsule(m): 10:29pm On Dec 27, 2016
kayjasper:

if not for formality sake, it shouldn't even take more than a day for change of screen
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by macbeyland(m): 11:57pm On Dec 27, 2016
MasterEmmanu3l:

Procedure on installing or using Spflash tool?
Using? Just download the needed rom. Load it onto the program by selecting its scatter file, the rest of files automatically link up. Firmware and upgrade then click on select.

Installing? Kindly Google search it.

I know quite well how to use the SP flash tool as I have used it several times on my old tecno c8, and even used it to flash my twrp recovery on the gionee M5. I was a bit confused when you mentioned UEFL legacy boot settings, I thought it was on the gionee m5.

BTW, why would one need to edit UEFL legacy settings to use SP flash tool, I thought the setting is only needed when you are loading a new windows OS on PC, and other PC diagnostic issues?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by macbeyland(m): 11:58pm On Dec 27, 2016
lavenderjade:

u sure say na sp flash tool u use!
you wan try me?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by shakaZuIlu: 4:34am On Dec 28, 2016
ColonelDrake:

bros yours is 8.3k because it's ips and ips screen are cheaper
trust me gionee m5 screen will be from 20k above because it's super amoled cheesy
super amoled screen are costlier ask Samsung grin
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by shakaZuIlu: 4:40am On Dec 28, 2016
kayjasper:

bae trust me be ready to dole out 20k above for that screen

reason is because it's super amoled display cool

have you ever wondered why Samsung screen cost much?
yeah they are amoled
m5 mini is ips that's why it cost lesser cool

rules for using any super amoled display phone

1. make sure you protect it with original tamper glass

2. be careful handle with care unless you are rich enough to change the display.

in super amoled phone the main costly component is the display not even the panel (motherboard) i have someone that bought s6 edge panel 20k but the screen of s6 edge is almost 70k grin
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by kayjasper(f): 6:05am On Dec 28, 2016
shakaZuIlu:

bae trust me be ready to dole out 20k above for that screen

reason is because it's super amoled display cool

have you ever wondered why Samsung screen cost much?
yeah they are amoled
m5 mini is ips that's why it cost lesser cool

rules for using any super amoled display phone

1. make sure you protect it with original tamper glass

2. be careful handle with care unless you are rich enough to change the display.

in super amoled phone the main costly component is the display not even the panel (motherboard) i have someone that bought s6 edge panel 20k but the screen of s6 edge is almost 70k grin

Wow... Lessons learnt the hard way though.

Hope it will be the first and last time i will have to be dealing with broken screens.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by kayjasper(f): 6:06am On Dec 28, 2016
honsule:

if not for formality sake, it shouldn't even take more than a day for change of screen

Don't mind them. Had some other engineer willing to change it for me in 2hrs!!!!

But his price quote was crazy and I wasn't sure if he was going to use the original screen. That's my fear.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 28, 2016
shakaZuIlu:

bros yours is 8.3k because it's ips and ips screen are cheaper
trust me gionee m5 screen will be from 20k above because it's super amoled cheesy
super amoled screen are costlier ask Samsung grin
I think I should go and drop my phone oo before these gionee people go change price for me again..
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by oppybouy(m): 7:43am On Dec 28, 2016
Good morning guys pls help. I have network yet can't make or receive calls on my phone. And if i insert the sim in another phone, it works perfectly. But am able to surf the net. What could be wrong pls?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by shakaZuIlu: 8:48am On Dec 28, 2016
ColonelDrake:

I think I should go and drop my phone oo before these gionee people go change price for me again..
lol
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by shakaZuIlu: 8:49am On Dec 28, 2016
kayjasper:

Don't mind them. Had some other engineer willing to change it for me in 2hrs!!!!

But his price quote was crazy and I wasn't sure if he was going to use the original screen. That's my fear.
don't fear about original screen because there's nothing like fake screen when it comes to amoled.

just make sure you gave it to a professional and make sure he'll be held responsible if anything happens to the screen while putting it oooo that's why i said professional

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Kiady16: 10:14am On Dec 28, 2016
Felicitalisco:
please guys I need ur help,my m5 screen got broken and the engineers are calling it 37k,please I need location where I can repair it at a cheaper price,thank you
the cost of repairing m5 screen is N19,800.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Jay2bahme: 10:21am On Dec 28, 2016
oppybouy:
Good morning guys pls help. I have network yet can't make or receive calls on my phone. And if i insert the sim in another phone, it works perfectly. But am able to surf the net. What could be wrong pls?
check if you have the sim networks on through the dual sim settings. If its ok and your phone is not working perfectly, then you have to go to service centre.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 28, 2016
oppybouy:

Cos you don't have IMEI.
Add one asap.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Felicitalisco(f): 7:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
what if I have a year warranty, tho it is written in the warranty slip that it doesn't cover falling
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by kayjasper(f): 7:34am On Dec 29, 2016
Felicitalisco:

what if I have a year warranty, tho it is written in the warranty slip that it doesn't cover falling

Lol.. You already answered your own question.

Warranty doesn't cover your broken screen.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by oppybouy(m): 7:50am On Dec 29, 2016
Polyphony:

Cos you don't have IMEI.
Add one asap.
Wow! Funny as that's what happened, I had to root it so I would be able to use mtk engr mode. so now I can make calls.Thanks so Much
Since that voids the warranty, am scared if I unroot it back, the imei would be gone again.
Besides, what could have made the imei disappear In the first place?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by oppybouy(m): 7:53am On Dec 29, 2016
Jay2bahme:
check if you have the sim networks on through the dual sim settings. If its ok and your phone is not working perfectly, then you have to go to service centre.

It was the imei that decided to go on Christmas break. I inputed it back, and it's back to normal. Thanks so much.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by kushma(m): 9:15am On Dec 29, 2016
Ryanxu:
Gionee launched their new flagship Marathon M5 with 6020mAh big battery at 23th, September in Nigeria.
here are the specs as below:

5.5'' HD super AMOLED display
6020mAh battery
Dual SIM
16GB ROM + 2GB RAM
13MP back camera + 5MP selfie camera
Android v5.1 Lollipop
support 4G LTE network
can work as the AC/TV remote
can work as a powerbank and charging two phones simultaneously

fast charge
5mins charging can support 2.5h talking time
30mins charging can use one day

Price: 43,500Naira
Lagos can go to ikeja,computer village Finet shop to get this devices.
can't work as acc or tvremote becos it don't come with IRblaster I used it and now am using m5plus both can't do it only m6 can.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 29, 2016
oppybouy:

Wow! Funny as that's what happened, I had to root it so I would be able to use mtk engr mode. so now I can make calls.Thanks so Much
Since that voids the warranty, am scared if I unroot it back, the imei would be gone again.
Besides, what could have made the imei disappear In the first place?
You used sp flash tools to flash a rom right?
You clicked "format and download" instead of "upgrade" or "download"
When you format and download, you use everything including the imei.
And you don't unroot. Some of your lib files are already corrupted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (192) (Reply)

List Of All Tecno Android Phones With Their Prices And Specs In Nigeria (PICS) / ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.