Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:42 AM

Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] - Phones (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] (486144 Views)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by proffnico(m): 4:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
Timbuktu14:
Need for speed? Where and how do you get all these games bro!
Directly from playstore.. "NFS no limit"
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by proffnico(m): 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2015
Timbuktu14:
With Psiphon?
yp
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by encrypt(m): 4:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
proffnico:
yp
Doesn't psiphon FC on your phone?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by proffnico(m): 5:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
encrypt:

Doesn't psiphon FC on your phone?
as in# U mean fkd up? No!
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Timbuktu14(m): 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2015
proffnico:
as in# U mean fkd up? No!
Please guide me through that set up again. I used to know the settings but not anymore. Etisalat don dey f up.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hawlahscho(m): 7:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
Marcus2:

the apps where closing unexpectedly, like if I switch over to another app the former closes

maybe you didn't allow background process
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hawlahscho(m): 7:02pm On Dec 10, 2015
eddie30:
Trying to root this for over two days now. Tried virtually all apps plus procedure. Please I need help on rooting this machine.

Thanks

Kindly read a tutorial on how to install VCOM on system manually
read and understand, then install vcom manually on your system then quote me back, we'll root your phone
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by eddie30(m): 7:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hawlahscho:

Kindly read a tutorial on how to install VCOM on system manually
read and understand, then install vcom manually on your system then quote me back, we'll root your phone
Thanks bro. That's the method that has got me stucked. Can't seem to get past that stage. Have you rooted yours?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Timbuktu14(m): 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2015
eddie30:

Thanks bro. That's the method that has got me stucked. Can't seem to get past that stage. Have you rooted yours?
Would advice you chill till Kingroot figure for us. Too risky to go down that road. May softbrick if you do it the wrong way.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by proffnico(m): 10:23pm On Dec 10, 2015
Timbuktu14:
Please guide me through that set up again. I used to know the settings but not anymore. Etisalat don dey f up.
drop your contact number.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Timbuktu14(m): 10:25pm On Dec 10, 2015
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Timbuktu14(m): 10:25pm On Dec 10, 2015
proffnico:
drop your contact number.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by selfmadeOLX(m): 5:13am On Dec 11, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:
I want to swap my infinix hot note Pro 32gig ram + 2gig ram.. lollipop 5.1 ..with gionee m5.. amma add money.. if interested 0816 537 1977

Pick up my Gionee m5.. Used for reviews only
Got mine on the 1st of December, you posted this just 24hrs after cool

Lagos only.. Alimosho axis
Of course With all accessories intact and super neat just the way it came

Call /WhatsApp. 08185350069
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 11, 2015
Please house, i need your help. My battery doctor and bbm icon is not displaying on the status bar. I've enabled it n its still not showing
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by mindtricks: 9:15am On Dec 11, 2015
eddie30:

What stage?

He is rooted.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hawlahscho(m): 11:42am On Dec 11, 2015
eddie30:

yes I've. that's what I did
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 11, 2015
austinosita:
Please house, i need your help. My battery doctor and bbm icon is not displaying on the status bar. I've enabled it n its still not showing
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hawlahscho(m): 11:45am On Dec 11, 2015
Timbuktu14:
Would advice you chill till Kingroot figure for us. Too risky to go down that road. May softbrick if you do it the wrong way.

Yea, that was my conclusion before.
But if you can successfully install the VCOM which has nothing to do with you phone, then you're good to go. VERY EASY
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by proffnico(m): 1:27pm On Dec 11, 2015
austinosita:
follow the steps below.

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by fabolakers(m): 1:37pm On Dec 11, 2015
Was trying to root mine this morning. After using sp tool to flash the phone recovery. It was successful but the phone ended up bricked. See as I begin sweat for this cool harmattan. Thank God for my vast knowledge in crashing and restoring my BB 10 OS via autoloader. I was able to get a stock ROM. India version. Lol. That's what I'm using now.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by fabolakers(m): 1:41pm On Dec 11, 2015
Hawlahscho:

Yea, that was my conclusion before.
But if you can successfully install the VCOM which has nothing to do with you phone, then you're good to go. VERY EASY
I did that and bricked my device. I'm using a different stock ROM now and was able to flash TWRP into the device but the problem now is getting it to boot in recovery. Can you follow me on Nairaland here. Need to ask you some qurstion.s.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Timbuktu14(m): 2:05pm On Dec 11, 2015
fabolakers:
Was trying to root mine this morning. After using sp tool to flash the phone recovery. It was successful but the phone ended up bricked. See as I begin sweat for this cool harmattan. Thank God for my vast knowledge in crashing and restoring my BB 10 OS via autoloader. I was able to get a stock ROM. India version. Lol. That's what I'm using now.
Na my fear be that bro. Person no go get original ROM again.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by fabolakers(m): 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2015
Timbuktu14:
Na my fear be that bro. Person no go get original ROM again.
It's cool though. The only con is that you can't select only 3g network. All options are combined with 2g and no matter which network you choose, it will end up in Edge. Had to do a little research and i was able to use one dialing code to fix it on 3g antomatically.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2015
fabolakers:

laughing in hamattern style
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Timbuktu14(m): 3:05pm On Dec 11, 2015
fabolakers:

It's cool though. The only con is that you can't select only 3g network. All options are combined with 2g and no matter which network you choose, it will end up in Edge. Had to do a little research and i was able to use one dialing code to fix it on 3g antomatically.
Ok. No wahala. The ROM will soon be around pretty soon sha.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by citizenjuwon(m): 3:15pm On Dec 11, 2015
You people hate to hear the truth! You have no reason to root gionee m5!!! Tell me one reason you want to root and I will give you an alternative reason not to do so.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Impulse80(m): 3:56pm On Dec 11, 2015
citizenjuwon:
You people hate to hear the truth! You have no reason to root gionee m5!!! Tell me one reason you want to root and I will give you an alternative reason not to do so.
because it's a choice?

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 11, 2015
proffnico:
follow the steps below.

Trust me bro.....I've done all u posted, but its still not showing
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by proffnico(m): 4:16pm On Dec 11, 2015
fabolakers:

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by busoye19: 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2015
How do I change the IMEI of this phone pls? Without rooting.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hawlahscho(m): 4:26pm On Dec 11, 2015
fabolakers:

I did that and bricked my device. I'm using a different stock ROM now and was able to flash TWRP into the device but the problem now is getting it to boot in recovery. Can you follow me on Nairaland here. Need to ask you some qurstion.s.

Ask now.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Timbuktu14(m): 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2015
citizenjuwon:
Tell 'em! I haven't seen any app that is so important to me that i must root this machine. Psiphon works perfectly. So, what's the point!?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (192) (Reply)

Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) / ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** / Airtel Bb Plan On Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.