Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,918 members, 7,814,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] - Phones (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] (481662 Views)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by gabylzy(m): 10:19am On Feb 23, 2016
Bhordmars:
Gionee m5 For Sale Super Neat. .Just 3wks Old. .Just need Fast Cash to Run Some Things. .
Color:Ink Blue. .Not Rooted Yet .Call/Whatsapp 08165153827.

how much
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Bhordmars: 12:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
Just 45k. .Negotiatable.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by selfmadeOLX(m): 2:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
Bhordmars:
Just 45k. .Negotiatable.

grin grin backyard..!
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by nitink: 8:25am On Feb 24, 2016
try again, it works

emrain:

Doesn't work.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 24, 2016
nitink:
try again, it works

Mtcheewwww.... undecided
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 24, 2016
emrain:

Mtcheewwww.... undecided
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
TheCheese:

undecided undecided

It works for real,tried mine about 5times before it worked for me.

Aiit thanks
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by iheanyi40(m): 8:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
iheanyi40:
gionee m5 up 4 sale, location abia, price-42k, call or whatsapp 08131525991
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by IkennaBasilJR(m): 3:13am On Feb 25, 2016
with reviews I noticed that the number of apps to be installed with the Nigerian ROM is limited and apps can't be moved to SD card.. is there any solution to this?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by gabylzy(m): 6:19am On Feb 25, 2016
IkennaBasilJR:
with reviews I noticed that the number of apps to be installed with the Nigerian ROM is limited and apps can't be moved to SD card.. is there any solution to this?

flash d indian version
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by IkennaBasilJR(m): 6:32am On Feb 25, 2016
gabylzy:

flash d indian version
Am not even thinking of rooting talk less of flashing a ROM. but can splus move apps to sdcard without root?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by gabylzy(m): 6:41am On Feb 25, 2016
IkennaBasilJR:
Am not even thinking of rooting talk less of flashing a ROM. but can splus move apps to sdcard without root?

dnt knw.. am using m5
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Deeni131: 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
how would I buy a phone that can't move apps to sd card, r u in sane? who is using m5 lite here.?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by honsule(m): 5:49pm On Feb 25, 2016
IkennaBasilJR:

U can't move app, whether u root or not on Naija Rom, maybe their subsequent update will address that. Meanwhile, I wouldn't advice u to flash India Rom, I was there and I came back to Naija Rom, which am using presently.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by honsule(m): 6:10pm On Feb 25, 2016
IkennaBasilJR:

I don't know about you guys, I have lots of apps on my Naija Rom and am still having space. See just few of my apps

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by IkennaBasilJR(m): 6:45am On Feb 26, 2016
honsule:

U can't move app, whether u root or not on Naija Rom, maybe their subsequent update will address that. Meanwhile, I wouldn't advice u to flash India Rom, I was there and I came back to Naija Rom, which am using presently.
Thanks but how many space is available for installation of app?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by IkennaBasilJR(m): 6:48am On Feb 26, 2016
honsule:

I don't know about you guys, I have lots of apps on my Naija Rom and am still having space. See just few of my apps
Looking at your status bar it seems you re rooted
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Deeni131: 3:03pm On Feb 27, 2016
can I use an sdcard fully loaded with apps and game on m5? I mean I can use my other phone to download apps on the sdcard and remove the card n put into m5,will it possible?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by honsule(m): 6:10am On Feb 28, 2016
godunia:
how did u change the rom since computer does not recognize the phone.my version is v6230

Took it back to where I bought it, Don't know what the engineer did, but he flashed my rom to a lower version and it works just fine
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by honsule(m): 6:11am On Feb 28, 2016
IkennaBasilJR:
Looking at your status bar it seems you re rooted

Of course am rooted
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hawlahscho(m): 8:58am On Feb 28, 2016
honsule:

Of course am rooted

No more OTA for you
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Deeni131: 12:07am On Feb 29, 2016
[quote author=Hawlahscho post=43321999]

No more OTA for you [/quotehighk

highlight us on disadvantages of rooting this phone Pls. cos I learn that u can not hack some games without rooting.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by nitink: 10:01am On Feb 29, 2016
Chart Topper: The Gionee Marathon M5 battery life test is in

Gionee Marathon M5 is one truly fascinating device. This chubby fella is heavy at 211g for a reason - the 5.5" smartphone is powered by a massive Li-Po 6,020 mAh. The mid-range chipset in charge of the Marathon M5 isn't popular as a power efficient silicone, but considering the battery size and the modest quad-core processor, it shouldn't matter that much.

http://www.gsmarena.com/chart_topper_the_gionee_marathon_m5_battery_life_test_is_in-blog-16934.php

2 Likes

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by ejihand(m): 8:06am On Mar 01, 2016
orosun55:
Gionee m5 is now available for delivery nation wide (pay on delivery in COD areas) @ #52,200 + free shipping ..to place order or get added to Gionee m5 group WhatsApp or Call 08153792894 Now!!!!
Please add me to the whatsapp group :
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by honsule(m): 10:57pm On Mar 01, 2016
Hawlahscho:

No more OTA for you

When OTA is available, I will unroot and upgrade, then root again

2 Likes

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hawlahscho(m): 10:13am On Mar 02, 2016
honsule:

When OTA is available, I will unroot and upgrade, then root again
You cant fully unroot. You may not believe that. try it.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by honsule(m): 11:46am On Mar 02, 2016
Hawlahscho:

You cant fully unroot. You may not believe that.
try it.

When there is an upgrade on Naija Rom that support app move to SD I will format the phone. Or that one too will not unroot?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Theanonymous9: 3:33pm On Mar 02, 2016
Hawlahscho:

You cant fully unroot. You may not believe that.
try it.

You can. Before using the unroot option...you have to delete the SU file first from bin and xbin.

Then use the unroot button.

Boot to recovery after switching off your phone.
Clear Data and Dalvik Cache.
Reboot.

Try flashing the original recovery...If you have it.

Mtd2: Just flash a new rom via splash. Select everything but User Data.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Hawlahscho(m): 3:43pm On Mar 02, 2016
honsule:

When there is an upgrade on Naija Rom that support app move to SD I will format the phone. Or that one too will not unroot?

Until you flash in a ROM that is nt rooted,
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 02, 2016
Guys, is the phone still durable, cos most folks here are reselling the phone and can we now move apps to sd card?
..Also can you use the phone with smile 4g sim? has anyone ever tried this?

Thanks,,..
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by ziego(m): 7:42am On Mar 03, 2016
eleshin:
Please how do I set my SD card as default memory? Ran out of space on my internal memory and I need to download some apps on my phone. Thanks

Havevu got solution to that?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by eleshin(m): 8:32am On Mar 03, 2016
ziego:

Havevu got solution to that?
Nope

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (192) (Reply)

List Of All Tecno Android Phones With Their Prices And Specs In Nigeria (PICS) / ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.