Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

When Your Employer Owes You Salary. What Do You Do? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Your Employer Owes You Salary. What Do You Do? (1202 Views)

How To Earn The Respect Of Your Employer / Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? / List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Employer Owes You Salary. What Do You Do? by Taiw(m): 8:54pm On Aug 16, 2015
I have a friend who worked in a one man company with less than 5 staffs. He spent 5 months with the company and the company was able to pay for only three months. He is yet to collect the remaining 2 months. While he was with his boss, he was victimized. He was pushed to marketing at a point and given a target which was contrary to his job description when he started. All these was to bring in money even though they both agreed that he was not going to market.

Now he was suspended for two weeks for failing to meet his target and out of frustration, my friend resigned after the two weeks suspension expired. His boss agreed that he was going to pay in installments. which he failed to fulfill. Now he doesn't pick his call or answer his text messages. He has gone to the extent of cutting his call whenever he tries. Mind you, he is fund of owing staffs salary. Its now three months since he left.

Any suggestions will help on this matter?
Re: When Your Employer Owes You Salary. What Do You Do? by Cutehector(m): 8:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
Let ur frnd go on his knees and complain to Jesus and put d man"s name on d chapel (if he is a catholic) and tell God to touch his mind and release his salary.
Re: When Your Employer Owes You Salary. What Do You Do? by frankay430(m): 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
I will shoot him
Re: When Your Employer Owes You Salary. What Do You Do? by raayah(f): 9:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
The most reasonable thing to do is sue him. The only way this will work in Nigeria is if you have a lot of money and good lawyers.

What you should do is to tell the tabloids and post it on social media.
Maybe he will be Ashamed and pay up.

Or choose the easiest route, Get a new job.
Re: When Your Employer Owes You Salary. What Do You Do? by Taiw(m): 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2015
raayah:
The most reasonable thing to do is sue him. The only way this will work in Nigeria is if you have a lot of money and good lawyers.

What you should do is to tell the tabloids and post it on social media.
Maybe he will be Ashamed and pay up.

Or choose the easiest route, Get a new job.

yes I advised him on it. The problem here is that he just got a new job and he thinks it might affect him if his present company decides to mail his previous company. Although his present company is aware of the non payment of his salary. He is trying to be professional in seeking his money but his boss arrogant and playing smart as well
Re: When Your Employer Owes You Salary. What Do You Do? by chymystique(f): 9:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
A frnd had same probs with his boss oweing him and most of his colleagues 4months salary in a architectural firm owned by Sen. Ben Bruce Murray's Nephew(I think that family derieve joy in treating their workers like shit) . He had to quit recently and left it to God. I think its better not pursue it and leave it in God's hands cause thats another waste of time and money.. Till Nigeria provides a law that has interest of workers @ heart, all these rubbish wont stop...

Taiw, since he has gotten a new job he should forget the money cause that his former aint thining of coughing out his money @ all
Re: When Your Employer Owes You Salary. What Do You Do? by Taiw(m): 9:41pm On Aug 16, 2015
chymystique:
A frnd had same probs with his boss oweing him and most of his colleagues 4months salary in a architectural firm owned by Sen. Ben Bruce Murray's Nephew(I think that family derieve joy in treating their workers like shit) . He had to quit recently and left it to God. I think its better not pursue it and leave it in God's hands cause thats another waste of time and money.. Till Nigeria provides a law that has interest of workers @ heart, all these rubbish wont stop...

Taiw, since he has gotten a new job he should forget the money cause that his former aint thining of coughing out his money @ all

Do you know what it takes to resume 8am in the morning to collect insults and close 6pm for two months?His sweat and labor. A labourer is worthy of his wages. Despite that, his employer his even trying to bully him on his money not even begging for more time.
Re: When Your Employer Owes You Salary. What Do You Do? by Chimel1960: 10:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
chymystique:
A frnd had same probs with his boss oweing him and most of his colleagues 4months salary in a architectural firm owned by Sen. Ben Bruce Murray's Nephew(I think that family derieve joy in treating their workers like shit) . He had to quit recently and left it to God. I think its better not pursue it and leave it in God's hands cause thats another waste of time and money.. Till Nigeria provides a law that has interest of workers @ heart, all these rubbish wont stop... It is because of leaving it to God that this country

is the way it is, the poor keeps being victimized and told that there is nothing they can do.

(1) (Reply)

Word Of Advice To The Unemployed Graduates / NEW - Laval University Master’s Scholarships In Canada, 2020 For Nigerians / Baxipos Promo (n30,000)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.