Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,392 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread - Phones (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread (776810 Views)

How To Set Your Songs As Ringtone On Infinix Hot 2 X510 / Infinix Hot 2 (x510) Supports Usb Otg / How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by nani667: 5:11pm On Jan 30, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

When did I say that? undecided

As you can see... You told me you sold the phone when I asked you about it sometime ago
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:18pm On Jan 30, 2016
nani667:

As you can see... You told me you sold the phone when I asked you about it sometime ago

Thats not me undecided.....I don't use etisalat..and I don't even have your number undecided
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by oluwaemmanuel: 5:47pm On Jan 30, 2016
RandomVic:

Guy me self tire o. Most commenters dey complain say marshmallow don dealt a huge blow on their battery performance but me dey see the opposite in fact my battery seem to be charging faster and last longer compare to lollipop grin even the memory ish sef I no face am, I did my update manually though, rooted afterwards. I'm guessing the reason why I have it so good compare to other iHOT2 users is because I went straight to marshmallows February 1 security patch update and thus negating the need to do a second update of 800+mb as most users did. I nor even know say that lag when the phone dey idle na feature sef, good thing you made mention of that nifty little coma feature. All in all marshmallow sweet die and I ain't complaining grin
Same bro... Bt I got battery probs afta rooting.. Myn drains faster nw.. Any help
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Anney272(m): 6:42pm On Jan 30, 2016
My modern combat 4 keeps saying unfortunately mc4 has stopped since d day I bought diz gone...Nd I really love d game...Any help on hw I cn get it to work?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Unlimited22: 8:30pm On Jan 30, 2016
olokuntemidayo:
guys...am trying to play vice city on ma fone BT i ts not working after getting d apk and cache...ep me out(I av only d phone storage...no external SD card)
No b only u oo. Asphalt also and my fifa stopped after a while
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by oluwabigloba: 8:34pm On Jan 30, 2016
san minato
No you won't be able to use the main internal memory to store things again. The phone now decides what it stores in the internal memory. Things like apps and app data and cache gets stored in the internal memory. It's entirely at the discretion of your phone. The only memory partition you'll have available to use as you want will be your SD card. The phone can even decide to store some newly installed apps like games and their data in your SD card for you so that it can save some space in the internal memory. In short, the phone sees your newly formatted sd card as part of its architecture, it belongs to it now. And you can't even use the SD card in any other device or pc without formating it to the acceptable (vFAT) system (because the phone had to format it as ext4 partition to make it internal).

Android Marshmallow turned a lot of focus to security of data and privacy, because it's a hot issue in the western countries. That's why we're having all these issues now. Most of us really don't care too much about privacy issues but the rest of the world does, and they're the ones who make the phones so we can't complain too much.

Whenever you remove the SD card (the one you formated as internal), the phone will keep reminding you to put it back in (because it now recognizes it as it's own). If you put the memory card in a new device, you'll have to reformat it and that means losing all your data. So it's adviceable to back up the data in the SD card while it is still in your phone using a PC. Even if you insert a different memory card in your Hot 2, it will ask you if you want it as internal or portable. If you choose internal it will wipe everything on it and format it as ext4 such that you can only access it when it's in your phone. If you choose portable then it will leave the SD card for you as it is but will keep reminding you to put back your old sd card.

It's a bit of an inconvenience but I've learned to live with it. I've adjusted my expectations to the new reality and to be honest, I'm kinda liking it because I hardly remove my sd card from my phone at all. And it's nice to know that nobody can access the contents of your card even if they remove it from your phone.

pls I need ur help. I Jst got an SD card nw, n formatted it as you said, but I noticed dt my files r nw divided between d SD card n internal memory and I still can't view them. what do I do pls?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 30, 2016
larkz:

Yup very real.
how many hours after heavy usage?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 9:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
For those who would like to root their phones...follow this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/hot-2/development/infinix-hot-2-rooted-marshmallow-xposed-t3289898

Some lovely tweaks available only via Gravity box (must be rooted)

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Ndissle(m): 9:43pm On Jan 30, 2016
Greetings Infinix Hot 2 Users.. After reading some posts made here on problems faced by upgrading your Infinix Hot 2 (X510) to the new android version 6.0 or something, if you are having issues with yours and you stay within Lagos and will like to downgrade it to LOLLIPOP or ANDRIOD-ONE, you can contact me via whatsapp or on call with this number 0. 8. 0. 3. 8. 6. 0. 3. 9. 9. 4.... My office is located at 22 Obafemi Awolowo way, by Otigba Street, computer village Ikeja. It will be done for you at 1,500 naira.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Oxytocin(m): 11:04pm On Jan 30, 2016
Anney272:
My modern combat 4 keeps saying unfortunately mc4 has stopped since d day I bought diz gone...Nd I really love d game...Any help on hw I cn get it to work?
Unlimited22:

No b only u oo. Asphalt also and my fifa stopped after a while

Same here oo, my MC5 and frontline commando are always force stopping.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by lacasera14(m): 11:22pm On Jan 30, 2016
gurus in the house pls how can I change the imei of my phone, I upgraded to Marsh mallow but my system couldn't locate the phone via USB so I had to factory reset it now I can't the imei anymore through the same process I used.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by larkz(m): 12:30am On Jan 31, 2016
remiiko:
how many hours after heavy usage?

Erm not too sure. With the 2200mah, I had to charge during the day. But with this 3000mah, it takes me through the whole day without charging.

What do I do? BBM, WhatsApp, loads of reading on Chrome and small IG.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 31, 2016
larkz:

Erm not too sure. With the 2200mah, I had to charge during the day. But with this 3000mah, it takes me through the whole day without charging.

What do I do? BBM, WhatsApp, loads of reading on Chrome and small IG.
how much did you buy urx?....mine i dnt dare play music or it drain.Was that your problem b4 u bought d 3000maH?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by holusormi(m): 7:31am On Jan 31, 2016
Hi guys , what's the present price of this infinix hot 2 ?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dynamo007(m): 8:07am On Jan 31, 2016
holusormi:
Hi guys , what's the present price of this infinix hot 2 ?
0 2200naira on jumia
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dadayung1(m): 8:12am On Jan 31, 2016
Pls wea can i get d ihot2 3000mah battery in aba
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dynamo007(m): 8:41am On Jan 31, 2016
dadayung1:
Pls wea can i get d ihot2 3000mah battery in aba
u can gt it on jumia
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by just2endowed: 8:51am On Jan 31, 2016
Do u need a powerbank for ur phone. Check my signature
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by lutheran(m): 9:41am On Jan 31, 2016
Pls help with the link to 6.0, wanna upgrade, don't mind all this bug of a thing, just wanna upgrade
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by RandomVic(m): 11:25am On Jan 31, 2016
abiola57:
i want to upgrade one hot2 but the phone no dey enter recovery by pressing volume up + power botton. The phone just simply boot.

You'll have to flash the recovery enabler to be able to boot into recovery via button combination.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by RandomVic(m): 11:33am On Jan 31, 2016
oluwaemmanuel:

Same bro... Bt I got battery probs afta rooting.. Myn drains faster nw.. Any help

Seriously? Mine is quite the opposite... Maybe I'm just not an heavy user like most people I guess.

Saw this online, you might want to check it out http://android.wonderhowto.com/how-to/save-battery-life-by-activating-doze-mode-faster-android-marshmallow-0165807/
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by RandomVic(m): 11:36am On Jan 31, 2016
lutheran:
Pls help with the link to 6.0, wanna upgrade, don't mind all this bug of a thing, just wanna upgrade

Flash this https://android.googleapis.com/packages/ota/infinix_infinixx510sprout_infinixx510/7960afa53797a1cf1e91bf2e49eb62563fce5d2c.update_0115.zip

If you proceed with caution, as in have all your files and apps backed up and all that I think you'll be fine. As for bugs I haven't noticed any worth losing sleep over.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by oluwabigloba: 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
SanMinato:

No you won't be able to use the main internal memory to store things again. The phone now decides what it stores in the internal memory. Things like apps and app data and cache gets stored in the internal memory. It's entirely at the discretion of your phone. The only memory partition you'll have available to use as you want will be your SD card. The phone can even decide to store some newly installed apps like games and their data in your SD card for you so that it can save some space in the internal memory. In short, the phone sees your newly formatted sd card as part of its architecture, it belongs to it now. And you can't even use the SD card in any other device or pc without formating it to the acceptable (vFAT) system (because the phone had to format it as ext4 partition to make it internal).

Android Marshmallow turned a lot of focus to security of data and privacy, because it's a hot issue in the western countries. That's why we're having all these issues now. Most of us really don't care too much about privacy issues but the rest of the world does, and they're the ones who make the phones so we can't complain too much.

Whenever you remove the SD card (the one you formated as internal), the phone will keep reminding you to put it back in (because it now recognizes it as it's own). If you put the memory card in a new device, you'll have to reformat it and that means losing all your data. So it's adviceable to back up the data in the SD card while it is still in your phone using a PC. Even if you insert a different memory card in your Hot 2, it will ask you if you want it as internal or portable. If you choose internal it will wipe everything on it and format it as ext4 such that you can only access it when it's in your phone. If you choose portable then it will leave the SD card for you as it is but will keep reminding you to put back your old sd card.

It's a bit of an inconvenience but I've learned to live with it. I've adjusted my expectations to the new reality and to be honest, I'm kinda liking it because I hardly remove my sd card from my phone at all. And it's nice to know that nobody can access the contents of your card even if they remove it from your phone.
pls I need your assistance. I got a new SD card, n did as u explained, bt I still cnt view my files yet d SD card reads dt smtin is in it. what do I do pls?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by victor247: 1:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
RandomVic:

Flash this https://android.googleapis.com/packages/ota/infinix_infinixx510sprout_infinixx510/7960afa53797a1cf1e91bf2e49eb62563fce5d2c.update_0115.zip

If you proceed with caution, as in have all your files and apps backed up and all that I think you'll be fine. As for bugs I haven't noticed any worth losing sleep over.

The only bug that's giving me a hard time is the fact that I can't change my Imei again. Now my glo sub is a waste
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ay96: 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
Please who has solved the 88% problem
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Tolulopy(m): 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
ay96:
Try and use a follow cum charger....
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by RandomVic(m): 2:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
victor247:

The only bug that's giving me a hard time is the fact that I can't change my Imei again. Now my glo sub is a waste

Someone posted a fix to that, you should check previous pages.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by pazzys(m): 3:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
ay96:
use to have the same problem, I solved mine by reflashing Android one lollipop and then manually upgraded to Marshmallow 6.0 that's how I solved it for myself, and I noticed that manual flashing marshmallow 6.0 is far better than the OTA.... Just my opinion.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by pazzys(m): 3:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
victor247:

the guy above with screenshots is using glo bis I think u have to root first in other to change ur imei, and I think you need to use champeleon to change your imei after rooting, download it from play store
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Sogaz(m): 3:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]My phone doesnt connect as storage on my system immediately i upgraded to MM... It only charge..... Any reliable solution?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by ay96: 3:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
pazzys:
use to have the same problem, I solved mine by reflashing Android one lollipop and then manually upgraded to Marshmallow 6.0 that's how I solved it for myself, and I noticed that manual flashing marshmallow 6.0 is far better than the OTA.... Just my opinion.

Please guide me through it step by step
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by pazzys(m): 4:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
ay96:

Please guide me through it step by step
if you have a pc reflash your Android one stock from lollipop and then download infinix x-510 recovery enabler and flash it also!!!
Boot into recovery and the flash this update first
https://android.googleapis.com/packages/ota/infinix_infinixx510sprout_infinixx510/9393104c63b06172fc7078c01f4a9a586ffdc3aa.update.zip

And then reboot your phone and then boot back into recovery and flash this also
https://android.googleapis.com/packages/ota/infinix_infinixx510sprout_infinixx510/7960afa53797a1cf1e91bf2e49eb62563fce5d2c.update_0115.zip
Viola welcome to MM February patch.

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (270) (Reply)

Android, Anyone? Part II / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.