Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,921 members, 7,828,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Machines & Tools For The Building Trade - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Machines & Tools For The Building Trade (1603 Views)

Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning / Where Are The Building Professors; Spyder880, Fhemmmmy, Babrus, segzy14, segcymo / Photos From The Building Collapse In Isheri-Magodo, Lagos In The Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Machines & Tools For The Building Trade by erico2k2(m): 11:57pm On Aug 17, 2015
HI everybody,I an Engineer with building at heart, so I'm bending and delving slowly into civil Engineering,however I have noticed so far on this forum and platform that Builders seem to use same tools over and over again through out the years ie since 1960 grin grin,I have to make a joke here.
Well so I was thinking, how can we wrap up our minds, open the creative ability to accommodate our building needs, right from crane to cement mixers.We have our unique way of building, totally different from the west and it is to this end I recon we can develop our own tools for the building trade in Nigeria.I think if we can achieve just 40% of these locally then we are good to go.Some of us are lucky to live in the West and can through more lights into tools used by trades men and convert them into our local needs.
SO PLEASE SHARE YOUR IDEAS
Re: Machines & Tools For The Building Trade by erico2k2(m): 11:59pm On Aug 17, 2015
I have been thinking of a Cement mixer,the tech behind it is quite simple
My initial parts would be a drum(rubber)
few angle bars

1 Like

Re: Machines & Tools For The Building Trade by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 18, 2015
What I want to do is buy, lift if no clear owner, some of the heavy equipment machinery that litters our landscape and rebuild them.

I'll love to have a grader, a Caterpillar of course grin

Re: Machines & Tools For The Building Trade by erico2k2(m): 1:16pm On Aug 18, 2015
EgunMogaji:
What I want to do is buy, lift if no clear owner, some of the heavy equipment machinery that litters our landscape and rebuild them.

I'll love to have a grader, a Caterpillar of course grin
that's a massive project, I'm more interested in tools you can use to enhance the building trades, ie molds etc.
Re: Machines & Tools For The Building Trade by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2015
erico2k2:

that's a massive project, I'm more interested in tools you can use to enhance the building trades, ie molds etc.

Not massive if you have the know how.

It's far more easier for me to restore that than to redesign a concrete mixer that can be bought on Harbor Freight for $150.00

ChinoSXL how much will you ship this to Nigeria if it's unassembled?

Re: Machines & Tools For The Building Trade by erico2k2(m): 8:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Not massive if you have the know how.

It's far more easier for me to restore that than to redesign a concrete mixer that can be bought on Harbor Freight for $150.00

ChinoSXL how much will you ship this to Nigeria if it's unassembled?
Ok its way cheaper at your end then, but what will it cost to ship it to Nigeria?
Re: Machines & Tools For The Building Trade by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 18, 2015
erico2k2:

Ok its way cheaper at your end then, but what will it cost to ship it to Nigeria?

ChinoSXL is a shipper on here, hopefully he'll come in and give a quote. I've only shipped cars and from California. He's in Texas and should be much cheaper since he's a consolidator and the distance is much shorter.
Re: Machines & Tools For The Building Trade by erico2k2(m): 9:06pm On Aug 18, 2015
EgunMogaji:

ChinoSXL is a shipper on here, hopefully he'll come in and give a quote. I've only shipped cars and from California. He's in Texas and should be much cheaper since he's a consolidator and the distance is much shorter.
Ok noted
Re: Machines & Tools For The Building Trade by erico2k2(m): 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
What do you guys think of this hand poker

Re: Machines & Tools For The Building Trade by brabus(m): 10:11am On Oct 22, 2015
erico2k2:

Interested in this. It'll be a nice tool in vibrating concrete in smaller forms.
Re: Machines & Tools For The Building Trade by abdulwastecx(m): 6:40am On Oct 25, 2015
erico2k2:

i like this small concrete vibrator
Re: Machines & Tools For The Building Trade by erico2k2(m): 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2015
abdulwastecx:

i like this small concrete vibrator
yes its nice and potable, you can use it to vibrate those small jobs

(1) (Reply)

5bedrm Fully Detached With 1 Rm Bq At Ikate / Beautiful Aluminium Railings Designs By Virlibaq - 08027686029 / Mini Estate Luxury Apartments For Sale Or To Let

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.