Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Fresh Lettuce.... The New Green Crude Oil - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fresh Lettuce.... The New Green Crude Oil (9734 Views)

The Complete Guide To Lettuce Farming / Oil Palm Is Our New Crude Oil - Governor Obaseki / Hybrid Cucumber Seed, Hybrid Watermelon Seed,lettuce,, Ugu Seedling And Pods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Lettuce.... The New Green Crude Oil by Pavore9: 7:31am On Nov 07, 2015
akanbi2k:
I buy my seeds from cotonou,thailand ,China and Lagos. It takes about 2 weeks to nurse and about 7-8weeks to be ready for the table.
We dont plant only lettuce we also grow
Cabbage
Spring onions
Mint leaves
Coriander
Basil
Parsley
Cucumbers
Golden Melon
Onions etc to mention a few.
Pls follow and like my page on Facebook ...FarmerPreneur....where we take Agric from substistence into Real business
...I will be updating pictures of our activities as we get set for the off season...

Here are some pix of the farm as at 6pm yesterday....

All the best .....if you have specific enquiries hit me up on Corporatefarmer9ja@gmail.com

All the best
Sola

Following your progress........I just love the array of veggies you grow. many still have the stereotyped thinking that such can only do well around Plateau State. The South West is in a very strategic position to produce such veggies for the huge Lagos market and nearby states thereby cutting low on dependency of their haulage from the North.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Lettuce.... The New Green Crude Oil by jasper7(m): 6:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
I am loving this @akanbi2k. It's beautiful and oozes of excellence. we need more of you in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Lettuce.... The New Green Crude Oil by akanbi2k: 6:26am On Nov 09, 2015
@Jasper07.....Many thanks for your comments. I have read about the good works you are doing too. Heard you also moved to Ogbomosho from some of me friends In Osun state. Please lets keep at it. One day...the whole country will catch the fever .....then Nigeria will feed the world !

We are getting set for the off season ....land preparation in progress

Re: Fresh Lettuce.... The New Green Crude Oil by talk2castro(m): 11:42pm On Nov 26, 2016
@OP you have done well. How do I learn about this venture. I want to know more please.
Re: Fresh Lettuce.... The New Green Crude Oil by obstead200(m): 2:39am On Nov 27, 2016
akanbi2k:
@Jasper07.....Many thanks for your comments. I have read about the good works you are doing too. Heard you also moved to Ogbomosho from some of me friends In Osun state. Please lets keep at it. One day...the whole country will catch the fever .....then Nigeria will feed the world !

We are getting set for the off season ....land preparation in progress
please, how do u plan to irrigate?
That is my key challenge in this dry season farming. I am still reviewing options.
What style of irrigation do u plan to adopt? And what is ur projected cost for setting up the irrigation, assuming u already have a tank and a water source
Re: Fresh Lettuce.... The New Green Crude Oil by Ayoolanairaland: 11:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
Which of the lettuce seeds do you normally use eden, impact, optima, trinity or keyllian
Re: Fresh Lettuce.... The New Green Crude Oil by dealerman(m): 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
akanbi2k:
I buy my seeds from cotonou,thailand ,China and Lagos. It takes about 2 weeks to nurse and about 7-8weeks to be ready for the table.
We dont plant only lettuce we also grow
Cabbage
Spring onions
Mint leaves
Coriander
Basil
Parsley
Cucumbers
Golden Melon
Onions etc to mention a few.
Pls follow and like my page on Facebook ...FarmerPreneur....where we take Agric from substistence into Real business

Can we see pictures of these:
Spring onions
Mint leaves
Coriander
Basil
Parsley
Cucumbers
Golden Melon
Onions etc
...I will be updating pictures of our activities as we get set for the off season...

Here are some pix of the farm as at 6pm yesterday....

All the best .....if you have specific enquiries hit me up on Corporatefarmer9ja@gmail.com

All the best
Sola

Re: Fresh Lettuce.... The New Green Crude Oil by noeloge82(m): 5:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
Wish we can see more updates
Re: Fresh Lettuce.... The New Green Crude Oil by iambabatunde: 8:39pm On May 28, 2017
Agriculture is really driving this country now... We all must buy into the movement... Agriculture getting peaked...
God bless people like u, Jethro, jasper07,etc on this forum...
Re: Fresh Lettuce.... The New Green Crude Oil by Gastella1: 11:49am On Jun 06, 2017
How is the market for lettuce in Nigeria. Any market for it Ibadan?
Re: Fresh Lettuce.... The New Green Crude Oil by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2018
akanbi2k:
Pix 1 and 2... My lettuce @ week 1... freshly transplanted...
Pix 3 and 4... lettuce after 2 weeks of transplanting. Getting set for the market...

This is our new green crude oil... let's do agric.... it pays!
Please which variety of lettuce is this?

(1) (2) (Reply)

3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) / We Specialize In Supply Of CASTOR SEEDS / Semi-automated Battery Cages And Incubators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.