Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? (6706 Views)

Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer / Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by Aizenosa(m): 7:46am On Aug 27, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

It is simply by believing in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour alone.

Go and re-read ur bible from the starting of genesis to end at revelation everything was about God and neighbor.
Even the ten commandments were about God and neighbor it is so glaring that when the rich man asked Jesus "what must I do to be saved" and Jesus replied him "have u obeyed all the commandments of God" and d man replied " from his youth, and Jesus told him "go sell all you have and give the money to the poor and come follow me" and yet bible says the man went away sad (Matthew 19:16-26), so u see it's not just believing alone and like Paul said u must have faith and good works, U can't be a Christian and go and hide, no one lights a fire and put it under a basket.
So hope u understand

2 Likes

Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by Aizenosa(m): 7:51am On Aug 27, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

What do you think? undecided

Will you warn a person who is driving at high speed towards a blown up bridge of the impending danger ahead? undecided

What gives you the notion that all Catholics will go to hell

Paul says work out ur salvation with fear and trembling and not judging and condemnation, Catholics create laws for themselves and print them in their thoughts to guide them a chastened life is much more better than a care-free one.
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:45am On Aug 28, 2015
Aizenosa:

What gives you the notion that all Catholics will go to hell

Paul says work out ur salvation with fear and trembling and not judging and condemnation, Catholics create laws for themselves and print them in their thoughts to guide them a chastened life is much more better than a care-free one.

You need faith alone and grace alone in Jesus Christ to be saved. Works are a product of your faith in Christ otherwise it will be dead faith.

1 Like

Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:12am On Aug 28, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Suggested answer:

http://www.gotquestions.org/Mother-Teresa.html
lol!
So good works are nolonger signs of the work of divine grace, weldone.
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:52am On Aug 30, 2015
Ubenedictus:

lol!

So good works are nolonger signs of the work of divine grace, weldone.

Good works will never grant anyone salvation it is only after you have been saved by grace which is by faith alone that your works will then count.

1 Like

Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:56pm On Aug 30, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Good works will never grant anyone salvation it is only after you have been saved by grace which is by faith alone that your works will then count.
ignoratio elenchi.
I'll repeat my question again, are good work not signs of d work of grace?
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by malvisguy212: 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
Ubenedictus:
ignoratio elenchi.
if good work can save you, what the point of the crucifixion if you can be save anyway? Even a pagan can do good work.

1 Like

Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by Aizenosa(m): 9:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Why are u confusing urself

Are u saying that if someone now does bad works but still believes in Christ that he will make heaven

Bro ur own type of Christianity here doesn't agree with the bible

We are saved by grace true but u cannot continue in sin and expect grace to keep sticking out for u.

Now let me explain Grace for u because u confuse it

From d moment Adam sinned he was cut off from partaking in fellowship with God, but still God tried to help the human race, he taught man how to make sacrifices for atonements and supplication that was their type of graces in early Israel, Jesus came and one and for all paid with his blood and so we keep tapping from that sole sacrifice to attain grace dats why grace never finishes, the bible says cut off from Christ u can do nothing, and with Christ all things are possible. A repentance sinner attains grace when atonement for sins is done and a striving Christian continues in grace. Although each time he does bad works he tries to detach from Christ
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:36am On Aug 31, 2015
[author=malvisguy212 post=37493559] why do u guys always like to go off point! I never said goodworks save people! My question is "are good works not sign of grace"?

Stop beatin around d bush.

1 Like

Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:04pm On Aug 31, 2015
Ubenedictus:

ignoratio elenchi.

Not necessarily so. cool
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by Aizenosa(m): 9:43pm On Aug 31, 2015
Faith without good works is dead and good works without faith is dead both need to be together only then do it have life
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
Aizenosa:

Faith without good works is dead and good works without faith is dead both need to be together only then do it have life

Saving faith will produce good works and not the other way round.
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by Aizenosa(m): 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Saving faith will produce good works and not the other way round.

I didn't argue that but still u just shot urself in d leg cuz u have just written that good works is part of it. except u don't understand what u have written.
Eph 2:9 supports ur claim and Eph 2:10 supports mine so pls don't get confused digest and read slowly to get understanding.

God bless
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by italo: 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2015
Mother Teresa that professed her faith in Jesus with both words and deeds, giving up her life for both Jesus and her neighbour is in 'hell...'

But olaadegbu and his pentecostal pastors who use the money of the poor to buy private jets, tell their congregation to eat snakes, drink petrol and tell their women to come to church naked and drink anointed milk from their joysticks...will go to heaven.

Very very soon, you will face God and he will 'congratulate' and 'reward' you.

3 Likes

Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by italo: 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2015
Mother Teresa that professed her faith in Jesus with both words and deeds, giving up her life for both Jesus and her neighbour is in 'hell...'

But olaadegbu and his pentecostal pastors who use the money of the poor to buy private jets, tell their congregation to eat snakes, drink petrol and tell their women to come to church naked and drink anointed milk from their joysticks...will go to heaven.

Very very soon, you will face God and he will 'congratulate' and 'reward' you. Continue!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by Jeromejnr(m): 4:22pm On Sep 14, 2015
italo:

Very very soon, you will face God and he will 'congratulate' and 'reward' you. Continue!

grin

Italo my guy.
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by tartar9(m): 5:24pm On Sep 14, 2015
mtsheew... see them,confused people.parisbookaddict come and see what they are saying about your 'holy' Theresa,wh*res like you don't even have hope.
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 14, 2015
Don't forget to ask God that question when it's time for judgement huh?
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:41am On Sep 15, 2015
Aizenosa:

Why are u confusing urself

Are u saying that if someone now does bad works but still believes in Christ that he will make heaven

Bro ur own type of Christianity here doesn't agree with the bible

We are saved by grace true but u cannot continue in sin and expect grace to keep sticking out for u.

Now let me explain Grace for u because u confuse it

From d moment Adam sinned he was cut off from partaking in fellowship with God, but still God tried to help the human race, he taught man how to make sacrifices for atonements and supplication that was their type of graces in early Israel, Jesus came and one and for all paid with his blood and so we keep tapping from that sole sacrifice to attain grace dats why grace never finishes, the bible says cut off from Christ u can do nothing, and with Christ all things are possible. A repentance sinner attains grace when atonement for sins is done and a striving Christian continues in grace. Although each time he does bad works he tries to detach from Christ

We do not attain grace but obtain it by faith alone in Jesus Christ. And if you truly believe that Christ's sacrifice paid for the penalty of our sins then why do you seek to add your works to His completed work of grace? You believe that He has to die repeatedly every time you partake in the mass ritual and yet you say that He paid once and for all. How contradictory is that?
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:43am On Sep 15, 2015
Aizenosa:

I didn't argue that but still u just shot urself in d leg cuz u have just written that good works is part of it. except u don't understand what u have written.
Eph 2:9 supports ur claim and Eph 2:10 supports mine so pls don't get confused digest and read slowly to get understanding.

God bless

Your good works (self righteousness) doesn't save only Jesus does. smiley
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44am On Sep 15, 2015
italo:

Very very soon, you will face God and he will 'congratulate' and 'reward' you.

Your good works will not and cannot save you. Repent and trust in Jesus alone who can and will truly save you. smiley
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2015
tartar9:

mtsheew... see them,confused people.parisbookaddict come and see what they are saying about your 'holy' Theresa,wh*res like you don't even have hope.

Repent and believe the gospel. smiley
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:48am On Sep 15, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

Don't forget to ask God that question when it's time for judgement huh?

My sin has been judged in Jesus who had paid for my sin therefore I wouldn't be the judged, would you? undecided
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by donnie(m): 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
OLAADEGBU:
Did Mother Teresa go to heaven? Is being an extremely giving, caring and sacrificial person enough to get you into heaven?

So because that is what CNN knew her for, you therefore conclude that that's all she had and was?

From her personal testimony, I can say that woman Knew the Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by italo: 7:12pm On Sep 15, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Your good works will not and cannot save you. Repent and trust in Jesus alone who can and will truly save you. smiley

I agree. It is your eating of snakes and buying private jet with the money of the poor that will save you.

Continue!
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by italo: 7:31pm On Sep 15, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

My sin has been judged in Jesus who had paid for my sin therefore I wouldn't be the judged, would you? undecided

2 Corinthians 5:10 ►

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

O ye antichrist who teaches false doctrines from the devil...continue!

God will reward you, not too long from now.
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by italo: 7:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

2 Corinthians 5:10 ►

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

O ye antichrist who teaches false doctrines from the devil...continue!

God will 'reward' you, not too long from now.
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 15, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Ok. Just continue to sin without looking back since Jesus had paid cheesy
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by Jeromejnr(m): 11:49pm On Sep 15, 2015

Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by Aizenosa(m): 9:25am On Sep 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

We do not attain grace but obtain it by faith alone in Jesus Christ. And if you truly believe that Christ's sacrifice paid for the penalty of our sins then why do you seek to add your works to His completed work of grace? You believe that He has to die repeatedly every time you partake in the mass ritual and yet you say that He paid once and for all. How contradictory is that?

Isn't it Paul that also said Love is greater than faith, abi didn't you read in your bible where he wrote "even if I have all the faith in the whole world that could move mountains and I have not loved den that faith is dead"

Now don't get it wrong u quoted the Catholic Catechism when this thread was opened now let me help you understand what it meant.

Ist you are correct saying faith saves, I am not arguing that one bit, but unto the second part we as Catholics we strongly believe that d response to God's unlimited love by we having faith in Him is by good works, which is clearly shown when the rich man met Jesus and asked Him Master what must I do to be saved, and u remember the story, Jesus 1st reply was do u have faith in God and the man replied yes, next Jesus replied him go sell all and give it to the poor and come follow me, the bible says that the man went away sad good works couldn't be done.

So hope you understand.
Peace be with you
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by italo: 9:34am On Sep 16, 2015
Aizenosa:

Isn't it Paul that also said Love is greater than faith, abi didn't you read in your bible where he wrote "even if I have all the faith in the whole world that could move mountains and I have not loved den that faith is dead"

Now don't get it wrong u quoted the Catholic Catechism when this thread was opened now let me help you understand what it meant.

Ist you are correct saying faith saves, I am not arguing that one bit, but unto the second part we as Catholics we strongly believe that d response to God's unlimited love by we having faith in Him is by good works, which is clearly shown when the rich man met Jesus and asked Him Master what must I do to be saved, and u remember the story, Jesus 1st reply was do u have faith in God and the man replied yes, next Jesus replied him go sell all and give it to the poor and come follow me, the bible says that the man went away sad good works couldn't be done.

So hope you understand.
Peace be with you

But brother, what about those in Matt 25:31-46...

Were they saved because they had faith...

Or because they did good works?
Re: Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? by italo: 9:38am On Sep 16, 2015
James2:14 - What shall it profit, my brethren, if a man say he hath faith, but hath not works? Shall faith be able to save him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis / Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. / Today Devotional - Open Heaven By Pastor E.a Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.