Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,395 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

All Ladies Should Avoid These Awkward Situations - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / All Ladies Should Avoid These Awkward Situations (701 Views)

13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. / Avoid These Scammers!!! / An Awkward Moment At The Office Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Ladies Should Avoid These Awkward Situations by atynu: 2:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
The reports on rape in the media has hit the roof.

I know many have heard it before but I think it's worth re-iterating to every young woman out there.

There are certain situations in which rape is almost inevitable and we all need to be educated on how to avoid them.

Rape usually happens when a woman is over powered by a man. It usually happens in dark and empty places and in places where there is no one to help the woman or behind locked doors. It seldom happens in public places or in broad daylight.

A rapist can be a total stranger to the victim, a neighbor or even a trusted friend.

In essence, if you are a lady, you should try as much as possible not to be alone in a dark and empty place with a total stranger, a neighbor or even a 'trusted' friend. Of course, there will always be people we totally trust like our parent, and siblings so I'm not saying never be alone with anyone but generally, that is in fact what I am saying.

Below list includes though not exhaustive situations that can put a woman at risk

1.) Working at jobs which require getting up early in the morning to walk down a dark deserted street to take a bus or returning home late in the night via untrusted public transport and walking down a deserted street.

2.) Employing houseboys, gatemen or male lesson teachers and leaving them alone with your daughters

3.) Attending late night parties with strange men tagged"bach eve" and all sorts of fancy names.

4.) Agreeing to meet with strangers met online in obscure places. Some invite them to their homes where they are alone

5.) Drinking to stupor in a bar without a plan on how to get home to safety or taking drinks from sources you are not sure of as anyone can slip something in the drink

6.)Being very desperate to recieve something (money, gifts, help) from a man that you are willing to do whatever he says

By no means is the above list exhaustive but I hope it sets ladies and the men that love them thinking. I haven't suggested ways to avoid the situations but I'm sure anyone reading can be creative.

Rape is wrong no matter the provocation. Let's protect women.

www.redflavors..com
Re: All Ladies Should Avoid These Awkward Situations by shikshark: 2:45pm On Aug 18, 2015
what about men that got raped by women?
Re: All Ladies Should Avoid These Awkward Situations by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 18, 2015
Noted

any guy that tries to rape or rapes any gal shall never find peace till he dies!!! smbody say amen.
Re: All Ladies Should Avoid These Awkward Situations by Rukkydelta(f): 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
Thank you we have heard
Re: All Ladies Should Avoid These Awkward Situations by AfricanApple(f): 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2015
EroticAngelina:
Noted

any guy that tries to rape or rapes any gal shall never find peace till he dies!!! smbody say amen.
amen ×a million

1 Like

Re: All Ladies Should Avoid These Awkward Situations by Peachess(f): 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2015
If stun guns were common in Nigeria, it'd have been so cool using it on a ràpìst. I'd love to get one.

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Facts About Women / Wife Beats Up Husband Because He Didn't Get Her A Valentine Gift / Abducted Bayelsa Girl May Return To Bayelsa Tuesday, As Activists, Lawyers Fume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.