Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Releasing Gods Power Through Fasting And Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Releasing Gods Power Through Fasting And Prayer (4188 Views)

Tread For MFM 70 Days Fasting And Prayer / RCCG Annual Fasting And Prayer February 2013 ( Prayer Guide) / Fasting And Prayer Questions Need Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Releasing Gods Power Through Fasting And Prayer by blacksta(m): 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2009
Fasting is the greatest spiritual discipline for seeking God's intervention. Combined with prayer they together make up the most critical weapons of spiritual warfare and deliverance in our lives. While we cannot manipulate God to fulfill our desires exactly as laid out to him fasting always (when done the biblical way) moves God to fulfill his intended will over the matters.

When you fast and seek God’s face, you are actually putting God as No. 1. You are saying, “With all of my strength, with all of my heart O Lord, I worship You, I love You and I seek You first. I want to see Your will done.” Fasting shows forth your desire to put God to the uttermost. You desire God more than your daily food. You desire God above your natural appetite.

You desire God above all things. Fasting shows forth that you love Him. See there are only certain things you can do and the rest God has to do. But if you put God first and obey Him, you will see a pattern work in all of your circumstances. There will be a pattern that flows and the blessings keep coming on you because all the time you keep putting Him first.

When Daniel was fasting one man in the whole kingdom of Babylon could shake a few nations.  He shook the prince of Persia. One man shook the whole kingdom and he was a busy man yet he could find time to fast and pray. So if in his busyness, Daniel could fast and pray, so could you and I. So when he fasted heaven was touched. And from the first day, he started fasting God starts sending angel. Sometimes, at the end of your fast, the answer did not manifest yet but you will sense this. In your spirit, there is a breakthrough.

Believers who opt never to fast could be limited in experiencing matters that can be realized in their Christian lives only through both prayer and fasting.

source  - kjv , http://www.spiritualwarfaredeliverance.com/html/prayer-and-fasting-deliverance.html, http://www.eaglevision.com.my/fs2power.htm

So the Question to you my fellow Nairalander - when last did you seek his face?
Re: Releasing Gods Power Through Fasting And Prayer by blacksta(m): 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2009
It is looks like nobody is interested in releasing God's Power on their circumstances
Re: Releasing Gods Power Through Fasting And Prayer by jagunlabi(m): 1:49pm On Mar 28, 2009
Nobody likes hunger,buddy.There has to be a better and less punishing way to "release" god's powers. wink
Re: Releasing Gods Power Through Fasting And Prayer by blacksta(m): 5:11pm On Mar 28, 2009
jagunlabi:

Nobody likes hunger,buddy.There has to be a better and less punishing way to "release" god's powers. wink

Maybe that will confirm why we have a mediocre christian live. Nobody is willing to pay the price
Re: Releasing Gods Power Through Fasting And Prayer by MALAMA(f): 7:56pm On Mar 28, 2009
What's this about 'releasing' God's power? Was it chained or put in a box and prayer and fasting are the keys to opening that box? Does that not undermine His omnipotence? 'Releasing' God's power conjures the image of a Magician who has to say some incantations before he does his magical acts in my mind.

Poster,please explain what you mean here.
Re: Releasing Gods Power Through Fasting And Prayer by blacksta(m): 8:03am On Apr 01, 2009
Mat 17:14  And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,
Mat 17:15  Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
Mat 17:16  And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
Mat 17:17  Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
Mat 17:18  And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.
Mat 17:19  Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
Mat 17:20  And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Mat 17:21  Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Please pay attention words that are shaded.  I strongly believe as a christian you must be ready to pay a price in the area of spiritual growth

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Pastors I Know Hiding Under Religion / 100 Days Fasting: Can Married Couples Be Intimate After Breaking The Fast? / Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Ministries 2015 Prophesy And Prayer Points

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.