Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,515 members, 7,954,960 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:12 PM

Is Your Child Ready For Unveiling? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Your Child Ready For Unveiling? (1108 Views)

Is Your Child Ready For Cell Phone? / Whose Name Should Your Child Bear As Surname? / Do You Think You Are Ready For Marriage? See This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your Child Ready For Unveiling? by Dioxidane: 6:21am On Aug 19, 2015
Words of Wisdom from Ogbo Awoke Ogbo (Culled from his Facebook page)

Parents, Parents! How Many Times Did I Call You? I've seen things on social media that got me thinking about how we parents inadvertently endanger the very precious children entrusted to us. Ask yourselves these questions.

• What would have happened if God had posted the picture
of baby Jesus on Facebook? Apparently, He didn't. Because
Herod didn't get the Christmas update and asked the Magi
for help.

• What if Mary had posted a Twitter update as their family
fled to Egypt with the young child? -- "We just arrived the
foot of Mount Sinai… camel tired, baby Jesus just peed on my face as I wrote this (lol!). Joseph suggests we camp here for the night. Goodnight pals. Mmwaaaah!"

• What would have happened if Miriam had taken a selfie
with baby Moses as Mum and Dad weaved the floating basket? Apparently she didn't. Because baby Moses made it safely to the Nile and eventually Pharaoh's privileged household.

• I also got wondering, 'If Bill Gate's children walked past me, would I recognize them?' I doubt. What do Bill Gates and other public figures like him know about over-exposing their children that I don't?

•And then, why did God wait so long to finally unveil His
Son -- "This is My Beloved Son in whom I am well pleased.
Listen to Him!" By now, Son was 30 years of age. By now, Son had merited His own star and was ready to post His own updates by Himself… What does God know about protecting His child that I don't?

And if God, a whole God Himself, had to protect His child
from the 'media', what makes me think I know better than He? I really don't know if this is my business but … Is your child ripe for all this unveiling?

Parents, what do you think? Is it dangerous displaying details of the life of your newborn child on social media?

cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Is Your Child Ready For Unveiling? by jamoscofield(m): 6:27am On Aug 19, 2015
I smell ...
Re: Is Your Child Ready For Unveiling? by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 19, 2015
Is it something bad?
asking though .... . ......
with those points, I am not convinced
Re: Is Your Child Ready For Unveiling? by Dioxidane: 6:44am On Aug 19, 2015
arowtop:
Is it something bad?

asking though .... . ......

You are saying it's a good thing putting up details about your kid (if you have), on social media? I just can't help but wonder why we don't get to see the details of the children of people that REALLY matter in our society, the likes of Dangote and Co, on social media.

But then again, what the hell do I know
Re: Is Your Child Ready For Unveiling? by MegMich(m): 7:14am On Aug 19, 2015
Good points! Some parents probably tell a lot about their kid online.

The problem is drawing the line between what's to tell and what not to.
Unfortunately, most parents can't do this. It is embarrassing or rather shameful that little family secrets are shared carelessly....in the voice of my mentor,'what is wrong with everybody'?

But then these social media provide easy means of telling your family and friends what God has done for and in your life.

The problem is where to draw the line but then 'what do I know'
Re: Is Your Child Ready For Unveiling? by Nitefury: 7:17am On Aug 19, 2015
All those monitoring spirits have upgraded also Dioxi. They now have Facebook, twitter and instagram accounts. grin grin grin.

The one that I personally don't like is when guests who attended a wedding upload pictures of the couple without bothering if the couple wanted it. While you can upload pictures of yourself at the event, give the couple the prerogative to upload their wedding pictures first.

Seriously we need to cut down on how quick we are to pull out out phones to take pictures and upload online generally. That's why people now quickly pull out their phones to take pictures of accident victims than render necessary help.

Imagine the good samiritan taking a picture of the armed robbery victim and uploading. "Oh my God, Man lying critically injured by the roadside. Graphic picture" gringrin
Re: Is Your Child Ready For Unveiling? by Dioxidane: 7:22am On Aug 19, 2015
MegMich:
Good points! Some parents probably tell a lot about their kid online.

The problem is drawing the line between what's to tell and what not to.
Unfortunately, most parents can't do this. It is embarrassing or rather shameful that little family secrets are shared carelessly....in the voice of my mentor,'what is wrong with everybody'?

But then these social media provide easy means of telling your family and friends what God has done for and in your life.

The problem is where to draw the line but then 'what do I know'

Valid points, my bro. These days, you can easily tell details of activities of some people, even as far as what they had for dinner! It's that bad. Most people don't know where to draw the line. Later they would say, it's one 'winch' in their village that's causing their predicaments. 'Winch' these days don upgrade to social media o. But then again, wetin small boy like me know
Re: Is Your Child Ready For Unveiling? by Dioxidane: 7:25am On Aug 19, 2015
Nitefury:
All those monitoring spirits have upgraded also Dioxi. They now have Facebook, twitter and instagram accounts. grin grin grin.

The one that I personally don't like is when guests who attended a wedding upload pictures of the couple without bothering if the couple wanted it. While you can upload pictures of yourself at the event, give the couple the prerogative to upload their wedding pictures first.

Seriously we need to cut down on how quick we are to pull out out phones to take pictures and upload online generally. That's why people now quickly pull out their phones to take pictures of accident victims that render help.

Imagine the good samiritan taking a picture of the armed robbery victim and uploading. "Oh my God, Man lying critically injured by the roadside. Graphic picture" gringrin

Walahi, social media wan kill us. Imagine the scenario you described above. Instead of helping the person, people would be busy taking photographs to upload on Nairaland so that they would be on FP. I shake my head for youths of today...

Did you know that those monitoring spirits that used to be based in the village are now on social media? They are now called Facebook Monitoring Spirits (FMS) grin grin
Re: Is Your Child Ready For Unveiling? by Nitefury: 7:37am On Aug 19, 2015
Dioxidane:

Walahi, social media wan kill us. Imagine the scenario you described above. Instead of helping the person, people would busy be snapping to come and upload on Nairaland so that they would be on FP. I shake my head for youths of today...

Smartphones with good camera lenses are now cheap and now everyone is a paparazzi. People no longer sit down and enjoy moments and events because everyone is busy taking pictures to upload online.

Like a poster stated earlier, knowing when to draw the a line is a luxury many people do not have.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Child Ready For Unveiling? by taryour(f): 9:55am On Aug 19, 2015
nice thread and very good points.
Re: Is Your Child Ready For Unveiling? by Ewuro4: 2:10pm On Aug 19, 2015
arowtop:

Me Neither

Dumb comparisons

*Will Boko Haram post their schedule on social media?
* will The Pentagon release the next operation/Top secret on social media?

It's called social media not some medium to expose your top secret. Well, except incorrigible numb skulls though undecided
Re: Is Your Child Ready For Unveiling? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 19, 2015
Ewuro4:

Me Neither

Dumb comparisons

*Will Boko Haram post their schedule on social media?
* will The Pentagon release the next operation/Top secret on social media?

It's called social media not some medium to expose your top secret. Well, except incorrigible numb skulls though undecided

Okay .

#Peace

1 Like

Re: Is Your Child Ready For Unveiling? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 24, 2015
Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove and co.
Re: Is Your Child Ready For Unveiling? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2015
True talk...
Re: Is Your Child Ready For Unveiling? by gidjah(m): 3:18am On Aug 25, 2015
Its petty getting worse with our ladies this days o,selfie this,selfie that!IT IS CALLED SOCIAL MADNESS & SOCIAL media plssss.
Re: Is Your Child Ready For Unveiling? by gidjah(m): 3:19am On Aug 25, 2015
Its pretty getting worse with our ladies this days o,selfie this,selfie that!IT IS CALLED SOCIAL MADNESS & SOCIAL media plssss.

(1) (Reply)

Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? / Natural Way To Completely Manage Your Diabetes. / Please Someone Help Me Out I Want My Girlfriend Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.