Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Don Jazzy Talks About His Secret Formula To Making All Those Hit Songs . - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Don Jazzy Talks About His Secret Formula To Making All Those Hit Songs . (746 Views)

The Secret And Formula To Succeed In Nigeria Music Industry / Download Phyno Hit Songs On 2324xclusive [audio] / Top Ten Worst Nigerian Hit Songs Remix (Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don Jazzy Talks About His Secret Formula To Making All Those Hit Songs . by ndnuray(m): 9:12pm On Aug 19, 2015

Don Jazzy seems to have the formula to making hit songs, from “No Long Thing” with D’Banj to Doro Bucci, Mo’ Hits days to present day – Mavin Records, the man seems to have the midas touch!

The 30 year old rarely ever gives interviews, but he recently took some time to chat with City People magazine about the secret behind all those hits, how he runs his organization to not going outside the box with his music.

Does he have the midas touch or does he just understand the Nigerian music market? Here’s what the Don said about making those back to back hits.

I don’t know about the Midas touch, but I think what it is, is that, I understand the market first, I also understand people to a large extent, the common problem with people in the industry is not really understanding the individuals they deal with, either the artiste of their staffs, I run a very beautiful organization where everyone is friends. We are family, I don’t come and start using veto power, because I am the boss, the greatest idea might come from the little guy there.

Sticking to the formula

So I listen to everybody and it works. As for music I try to experiment sometimes, but I don’t go out of the box to say I want to over experiment in a way that it is not what people want. If it is akara that you want to sell, it’s the akara that you will sell. You don’t have to start putting jam inside akara. Then it’s not akara anymore, it is something else, the least you can do is to put small pepper to taste, you cannot now go over outside the box and say you want to put your name on top of the akara and stuffs like that. Over the years there has been the kind of music Nigerians like. This is the kind of music my mother and my father dances to and their friends too, then we just stick to the formula and it works for us

Don Jazzy is a business man and he is giving his market what they want! Now that’s the formula!

SOURCE: http://www.that1960chick.com/2015/08/19/don-jazzy-talks-about-his-secret-formula-to-making-all-those-hit-songs-how-he-runs-mavin-like-a-family/
Re: Don Jazzy Talks About His Secret Formula To Making All Those Hit Songs . by Belvine33(f): 9:13pm On Aug 19, 2015
Re: Don Jazzy Talks About His Secret Formula To Making All Those Hit Songs . by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 19, 2015
Re: Don Jazzy Talks About His Secret Formula To Making All Those Hit Songs . by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 19, 2015
Don Baba Jay You already know my dog, and it's Don Jazzy again
Re: Don Jazzy Talks About His Secret Formula To Making All Those Hit Songs . by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 19, 2015
I beggie, Don Jazzy produced refined shit "Looku looku" proved that to me. The only reason he is so famous is because of the way he promotes his songs jor......................
Re: Don Jazzy Talks About His Secret Formula To Making All Those Hit Songs . by Paschal001: 9:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
Din Jazzy has always proven to be the best in music direction
Re: Don Jazzy Talks About His Secret Formula To Making All Those Hit Songs . by donholy28(m): 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2015
If he has a secret formula,why aren't all his songs"hit songs"
Re: Don Jazzy Talks About His Secret Formula To Making All Those Hit Songs . by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 20, 2015
The long anticipated track by a nairalander: Karmax @mcdowealth ft. sound prince @itz_soundprince - "IRE"
DOWNLOAD, LISTEN & ENJOY ------->
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/d0daf4a4
Re: Don Jazzy Talks About His Secret Formula To Making All Those Hit Songs . by crazygod(m): 10:25am On Aug 20, 2015
SirWere:
I beggie, Don Jazzy produced refined shit "Looku looku" proved that to me. The only reason he is so famous is because of the way he promotes his songs jor......................
Thank you very much. I keep telling people that don jazzy aint the best producer there is. He is jst a lil above average. He jst has the right machinery to promote his songs the right way. Simple.
I rate mastercraft above don jazzy anyday.

(1) (Reply)

Which Do You Prefer Between Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well And Darey's Pray For Me / Musical Videos Bonanza / Aah Chak 2016 || All Latest Punjabi Songs 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.