Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,734 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Church Is Not For Sinners - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Is Not For Sinners (1278 Views)

Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi / My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Is Not For Sinners by Earthkumy(m): 9:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
CHURCH IS NOT FOR SINNERS
Church is not a place for sinners, there's no way a wanna be saints should be in the house of God. Church is not a place you go to when you want to be a born again christian, Church is a place you go to, when you are already a born again christian and have chosen to follow Jesus and leave a righteous life. God said go ye into the world and preach the gospel, but our pastors and church leaders turned it around and said come ye into the Church and hear the gospel. God said do not allow sinners among you, but our church leaders bring them in to pollute the Church. Jesus goes to sinners to preach to them, our church leaders sit in their Church and beg to come and hear the word. that's why we have cheaters, lies, thief, fornicators, adulterers, haters etc. Into the Church of God, bringing shame to the house of our God and the name of Lord Jesus. Because you want to have plenty offerings and members, you throw the standard of God away and put up your own standard. I have bad news for you,  Rev 2:20 says "Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols". Romance 1:32 says "Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them".
May the Lord save us in the name of our Lord Jesus christ. Amen!
Evangelist Earthkumy
Re: Church Is Not For Sinners by ladyF(f): 9:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
I sincerely disagree...

Luke 5:32 I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.
Re: Church Is Not For Sinners by SUGARBEE(f): 9:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
Wrong, totally wrong... As a matter of fact Jesus didn't come for the righteous but instead for sinners...

I hate to say but your ideals of the ministry of God is all wrong
Re: Church Is Not For Sinners by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
u know not what u are saying @ op. U need to study the Bible more instead of judging others.
Re: Church Is Not For Sinners by Earthkumy(m): 9:54pm On Aug 19, 2015
ladyF:
I sincerely disagree...

they only join when they have repented, not when they are still sinners. Jesus goes to them, they don't come to his meeting place, the disciple go out to preach, they don't bring them in, they only come in when they have received christ. Check all bible records.
Re: Church Is Not For Sinners by ladyF(f): 9:59pm On Aug 19, 2015
Earthkumy:
they only join when they have repented, not when they are still sinners. Jesus goes to them, they don't come to his meeting place, the disciple go out to preach, they don't bring them in, they only come in when they have received christ. Check all bible records.
Then there won't be need for altar call after the sermon since they have all repented and there is no sinner in the church.

Well...what do I know, me sef be sinner. I'm no better than they are. Whatever rocks your boat tho wink
Re: Church Is Not For Sinners by Earthkumy(m): 10:04pm On Aug 19, 2015
ladyF:
I sincerely disagree...

check all Jesus preachings he goes to the sinners, mark 16:15 says He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. There's no record anywhere that Jesus said bring them to the house of God and preach to them. When Jesus saw them in the synagogue he chase them away.
Re: Church Is Not For Sinners by Earthkumy(m): 10:06pm On Aug 19, 2015
ladyF:

Then there won't be need for altar call after the sermon since they have all repented and there is no sinner in the church.

Well...what do I know, me sef be sinner. I'm no better than they are. Whatever rocks your boat tho wink
inside Church is not a place to make altar call.
Re: Church Is Not For Sinners by fav444(f): 10:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
The church should be a clinic for sinners and a refreshing pool for saints.
Re: Church Is Not For Sinners by Earthkumy(m): 10:17pm On Aug 19, 2015
fav444:
The church should be a clinic for sinners and a refreshing pool for saints.
Church is gathering for saints. Not a place for sinners. Church is chosen people of God, sinners have no place in it. Church is where christian have communion and share things in oneness
Re: Church Is Not For Sinners by brodalikeme(m): 10:18pm On Aug 19, 2015
TOTALLY WRONG MY FRIEND. THE CHURCH IS FOR EVERYONE, I MEAN EVERYONE. GOD DEMONSTRATED HIS LOVE TOWARDS US, WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS CHRIST DIED FOR US. ANYONE IS FREE TO COME AND ACCESS THIS LOVE IN CHURCH. IN HEBREWS, WE WERE ENCOURAGE TO BOLDLY APPROACHED THE THRONE OF GRACE TO OBTAIN HELP IN TIMES OF NEED. ALSO REMEBER UPON MOUNT ZION THERE SHALL BE DELIVERANCE.

THIs AND OTHER POST ABOVE SHOWS THAT THE CHURCH IS NOT EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE RIGHTEOUS BUT FOR ALL
Re: Church Is Not For Sinners by Earthkumy(m): 10:22pm On Aug 19, 2015
brodalikeme:
TOTALLY WRONG MY FRIEND. THE CHURCH IS FOR EVERYONE, I MEAN EVERYONE. GOD DEMONSTRATED HIS LOVE TOWARDS US, WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS CHRIST DIED FOR US. ANYONE IS FREE TO COME AND ACCESS THIS LOVE IN CHURCH. IN HEBREWS, WE WERE ENCOURAGE TO BOLDLY APPROACHED THE THRONE OF GRACE TO OBTAIN HELP IN TIMES OF NEED. ALSO REMEBER UPON MOUNT ZION THERE SHALL BE DELIVERANCE.

THIs AND OTHER POST ABOVE SHOWS THAT THE CHURCH IS NOT EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE RIGHTEOUS BUT FOR ALL
the command of Jesus is go ye into the world and make disciples of men, not bring them in and make disciples of them.
Re: Church Is Not For Sinners by brodalikeme(m): 10:34pm On Aug 19, 2015
Earthkumy:
Church is gathering for saints. Not a place for sinners. Church is chosen people of God, sinners have no place in it. Church is where christian have communion and share things in oneness

If you read Roman 3, you would understand that our righteous is by faith in Christ Jesus and that no one is righteous. So the argument about a body of righteous people does not hold water. Rather it should be a place where people having the fear and reference of God fellowship.

The parable of the two people that went into the synagogue to pray in Luke 18:10-14 should give you an inclination that the church is not a place for the righteous alone.
Re: Church Is Not For Sinners by freeDR(m): 10:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
And if your argument is anything to go by, then, by what criteria do you identify the saints that are church worthy?

1 Like

Re: Church Is Not For Sinners by brodalikeme(m): 10:55pm On Aug 19, 2015
Earthkumy:
the command of Jesus is go ye into the world and make disciples of men, not bring them in and make disciples of them.
That is a command for evangelism and descipleship not a command for segregation or division. How about 'and the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of God, as the waters cover the sea'. How about the call in Matt 11:28 for people that labour and are heavy laden? It not an invitation for sinners to come and stand outside the church door.
Re: Church Is Not For Sinners by Earthkumy(m): 11:13pm On Aug 19, 2015
freeDR:
And if your argument is anything to go by, then, by what criteria do you identify the saints that are church worthy?
those who lie fornicate and hate are all children of the devil as the bible states. Corint 5:5 says "hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord".
If found committing sins. That's the bible stand
Re: Church Is Not For Sinners by Earthkumy(m): 11:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
brodalikeme:

That is a command for evangelism and descipleship not a command for segregation or division. How about 'and the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of God, as the waters cover the sea'. How about the call in Matt 11:28 for people that labour and are heavy laden? It not an invitation for sinners to come and stand outside the church door.
corint 5:3 "But among you there must not be even a hint of
sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or
of greed, because these are improper for God's
holy people". Is only when you believe and repent you will join God's people, not when you are not sure.
Re: Church Is Not For Sinners by Earthkumy(m): 11:21pm On Aug 19, 2015
brodalikeme:

If you read Roman 3, you would understand that our righteous is by faith in Christ Jesus and that no one is righteous. So the argument about a body of righteous people does not hold water. Rather it should be a place where people having the fear and reference of God fellowship.

The parable of the two people that went into the synagogue to pray in Luke 18:10-14 should give you an inclination that the church is not a place for the righteous alone.
. The parable is about the jews, christian are not to behave like that.
Re: Church Is Not For Sinners by Earthkumy(m): 11:34pm On Aug 19, 2015
brodalikeme:

romance 3:22 " This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile" he said to those who believe not to those who wanna believe

(1) (Reply)

Miracles In Mecca / Should Christians Celebrate Halloween? / You Have Got No Excuse For Failure In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.