Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,579 members, 7,823,512 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Learn About Plantain Macro-propergation tissue Culture Suckers Multiplication - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Learn About Plantain Macro-propergation tissue Culture Suckers Multiplication (4285 Views)

6 Facts About Plantain Farming Backed With Research / Budget For Five Plantain Macro-propagation / Tissue Culture Plantain Sucker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn About Plantain Macro-propergation tissue Culture Suckers Multiplication by sedulus(m): 3:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
Tissue Culture Sucker Multiplication... 08057761905
Skype ID:sedulus080

Macropropagation technique has been developed during the past two decades are now considered well established. It has played a role in plantain and banana improvement program world wide . The rate of multiplication ranged from two to ten or more shoots or bud propagules per month, resulting in potential propagation rates of several thousands or millions of plants per year.
Such rates are several orders of magnitude greater than achievable through conventional propagation. Since it is very important to obtain clonal plants, direct regeneration pathways has always been adopted. However it is also important commercially that the technique employed should be cost effective. To achieve this objective high propagation rate through scalp techniques are used. In order to assess dwarf variants, regenerants from scalps are assessed with GA3 and PCR methods.Click here to Download our eBook to complete the articles on http://sedulusplantainsucker.com.ng/index.php/download-ebook

Re: Learn About Plantain Macro-propergation tissue Culture Suckers Multiplication by sedulus(m): 10:44am On Aug 22, 2015
Tissue Culture Sucker Multiplication... 08057761905
Re: Learn About Plantain Macro-propergation tissue Culture Suckers Multiplication by sedulus(m): 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
BENEFITS OF PLANTAIN
1. It is a good source of iron for everybody particularly the unripe ones
2. A good source of income for its owner
3. It offers employment opportunity to other people and gives esteem to the owner
4. it can be converted into flour, roasted, cooked, boiled or fried for sales
5.Plantain is a very good cheap business that cost almost nothing to embark on
6. It can grow on any type of soil
7. It is an all year round productive fruit once cultivated
Re: Learn About Plantain Macro-propergation tissue Culture Suckers Multiplication by sedulus(m): 7:23pm On Aug 25, 2015
Split corm technique is applied to corms that are about to flower or that are already harvested. The meristem is absent while buds are present. Propagation is by means of bud manipulation. The whole corm is harvested and pared. Exposed buds on top are scarified. Leaf sheets do not need to be removed. The corm is fragmented into two or more bits, depending on its size, and planted in the chamber for buds to sprout. Prepared corm pieces are planted at 10 cm intervals and covered with 2 cm of sawdust. The chamber is well watered immediately after planting. check on our website for more details

Re: Learn About Plantain Macro-propergation tissue Culture Suckers Multiplication by sedulus(m): 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
we got your order covered visit our corperate website on www.sedulusplantainsucker.com.ng for more details
Re: Learn About Plantain Macro-propergation tissue Culture Suckers Multiplication by sedulus(m): 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2015
Plantains are vegetatively propagated, most often from suckers (shoots that grow from a bud at the base of the plant) or from corms (underground bulbs known as rhizomes). The use of whole corms is very laborious so it is more common to grow from small pieces of corm. There are three different types of banana suckers which are produced by the mother plant; maidenheads, sword suckers and water suckers. Maidenheads have a large pseudostem which does not produce fruit. Sword suckers have a narrow base, short pseudostem and narrow, blade-like leaves. They produce healthy, fruitful pseudostems when they mature Water suckers have short pseudostems and broad leaves. Water suckers are not strongly attached to the rhizome and generally produce weaker plants and less fruit.
Re: Learn About Plantain Macro-propergation tissue Culture Suckers Multiplication by sedulus(m): 8:07pm On Oct 24, 2015
We are visibility sorry for any inconvenience our website might av cost you,this is due to visitor's conjection and we are currently working on it expansion to all our visitors convenience.... Kindly bear with us as our website will be live online by on the first of November.... Thank you very much
Re: Learn About Plantain Macro-propergation tissue Culture Suckers Multiplication by sedulus(m): 11:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
This thread is targeted to provide good information to plantain farmers that are getting it wrong in the farming of plantain; interested people that wants to take advantage of the profits plantain farm offers; youths that wants to learn the in and out of plantain farming business.

Plantain farm.can last for decades (if it was properly set-up and manage) and i will.be showing you how to do that.

I have visited a lot of plantain farm.this year and what i see tells me that a lot of farmers are getting it totally wrong in this business.call us for more details
Re: Learn About Plantain Macro-propergation tissue Culture Suckers Multiplication by enehodoh: 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2017
Pls I've been following the plantain business and I want to start the plantain farm by March next year, how will I get the tissue cultured suckers. I want to start small I have 800sqm plot of land. How many suckers will I need and when will it be available and at what cost. I live in Enugu and the farm is also in Enugu.
Re: Learn About Plantain Macro-propergation tissue Culture Suckers Multiplication by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 14, 2017
OP, you are mixing terms. What you are doing is macro- propagation. It is good, better than just planting suckers. You can screen out some levels of diseases with it but not all.

This is not tissue culture. Tissue culture is when you take tissues and you grow in a media in the laboratory. It is also called micro-propagation.

What you are doing is far from tissue culture but it is still very good. I just need to correct this. There is macro- propagation and there is micro-propagation. Micro- propagation is tissue culture.

(1) (Reply)

We Sell Palm Kernel Cake In Large Quantity @26k Per Tonne. PICKUP PRICE / 100 Acres Of Cashew Plantation Up For Sale / Highly Productive Supergene Oil Palm Seedlings For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.