Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,270 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

What Is Your Take On This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your Take On This? (760 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Take On This? by SPIFF(m): 8:47am On Aug 22, 2015
"A good husband is never the first to go to sleep at night or the last to awake in the morning."

Honore de Balzac.

I sent that quote as a broadcast to my contacts on BBM and it has been generating argument. Some in support. Some are against. Eg. What if the wife is nocturnal in nature, must the husband keep vigil because of her.
So let's reason together here and hear other people opinion..
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by ronald4lif(m): 8:51am On Aug 22, 2015
Story. Any one can go to bed when they're feeling sleepy and wake up at their convenience. Except if the kids are still up that's when the man or both parents must ensure they go to bed before them.
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by goodmorning40: 9:02am On Aug 22, 2015
It is true but not applicable in naija
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by Chidoks(f): 9:02am On Aug 22, 2015
i agree with the first part. with the second part, i beg to disagree.from what i see a good husband even when exhausted from the day's work may doze off but must wake later to make sure the gadjets are turned of and check all doors to ensure they are locked.he peeps from room to room, turns of lights, ensures the gas cylinder is turned off before finally retiring.
As for waking up, the woman even wake as early as 4am while his majesty is still in a wonder land to start the day
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 22, 2015
Chidoks:
i agree with the first part. with the second part, i beg to disagree.from what i see a good husband even when exhausted from the day's work may doze off but must wake later to make sure the gadjets are turned of and check all doors to ensure they are locked.he peeps from room to room, turns of lights, ensures the gas cylinder is turned off before finally retiring.
As for waking up, the woman even wake as early as 4am while his majesty is still in a wonder land to start the day
You are talking about my dad here grin
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by Tonydeeb(m): 10:52am On Aug 22, 2015
That's a stereotypical guise if you asked me, sleep is never an obligation you know...
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by Royver(m): 11:00am On Aug 22, 2015
I agree with Chidoks in this. I always make sure everyone else has gone to bed then I make my rounds, gas off, cooked food goes in the freezer, dustbin emptied, doors properly locked, all the electrical gadgets switched off before I go to bed. Usually Ma'm wakes up before me though to make breakfast and get the kids ready for school and then we drop them off.
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by SPIFF(m): 12:35pm On Aug 22, 2015
I guess it's a general assumption that husband should stay late to have an overall check of the security situation of the house while the wife gets up early to get the house set for the day.
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by xynerise: 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2015
The gateman goes to bed last in my own world undecided
Re: What Is Your Take On This? by Chidoks(f): 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2015
Royver:
I agree with Chidoks in this. I always make sure everyone else has gone to bed then I make my rounds, gas off, cooked food goes in the freezer, dustbin emptied, doors properly locked, all the electrical gadgets switched off before I go to bed. Usually Ma'm wakes up before me though to make breakfast and get the kids ready for school and then we drop them off.

Good husband detected!!

(1) (Reply)

Perception And Opinion / Why Are Troublesome And Unruly Children Often From Poor Parents? / Should He Quit His Job And Accept To Travel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.