Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN (3738 Views)

Watch The Moment A Nissan Is Lifted Into The Air When An Audi R8 Smashes Into It / I Want To Change The Transmission Of A Nissan Quest 2002 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by royallord1(m): 9:11am On Aug 22, 2015
hi house,
i was taking a short drive around my city and stopped to great a mechanic friend of mine... i saw some persons standing along side him.. pricing a deep blue coloured nissan murano... i was amazed when i heard the prices been said..... the mech was saying 250k last while d buyer was pricing 150k...
when dey couldnt reach a deal... i called my guy i was like 250k for a murano has things now totaly fallen apart... he said the car has a fualty engine and a dead gearbox.. but the interior and exterior are intop shape... i asked how much d engine and gearbox would cost he put it at roughly 500k and might consume more .... so dat was why the decided to sell d car as scrap for a partseller....
THEN IT HIT ME.....
the murano has the same body frame work(engine sitting as the 2001/02 pathfinder therefore can share the same engine- the vq35de.... which means i could as well put in the 3.3 vg33e which is a very strong engine....
now if the engine has a sitting i believe there should be a sitting for the vg33e gearbox as well...
now my question is as theory may be concerned it should work but when it comes to pratical can it?
is it a feasible project?
wat do other part do i need to achieve this.... yes; i also have the brainbox in mind... any other change or remodelling needed?
cc... nissparts, gazzuz, ikenna351, costee

Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by tunergy(m): 9:19am On Aug 22, 2015
Ok, that's the introduction.
So what's your plan? Are you buying the said car, do you plan to do transplant with the 2001 engine,

Pls light this thread up
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by oweniwe(m): 9:21am On Aug 22, 2015
op oya "continuu" nau
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by oweniwe(m): 9:27am On Aug 22, 2015
royallord1:
the murano has the same body frame work(engine sitting as the 2001
I don't understand this part...2011 wat?
pls explain
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by tunergy(m): 9:31am On Aug 22, 2015
smiley
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by tunergy(m): 9:31am On Aug 22, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2543861/plans-nissan-murano

Bros you don open three 3 threads on this alone, how we go take follow the story naau?
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by royallord1(m): 9:41am On Aug 22, 2015
tunergy:
Ok, that's the introduction.
So what's your plan? Are you buying the said car, do you plan to do transplant with the 2001 engine,

Pls light this thread up
my plans is to purchase her... if the engine and gearbox transfer is possible.....
we have car gurus who can explain its possiblities further

1 Like

Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by royallord1(m): 9:44am On Aug 22, 2015
tunergy:
https://www.nairaland.com/2543861/plans-nissan-murano

Bros you don open three 3 threads on this alone, how we go take follow the story naau?
bros na nairaland system o.... it didnt take me to the page after submission.... so i kept hitting d submit button... only to find two extra thread....
but i kinda deaden them... @moderator kindly remove d excess thread

2 Likes

Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by royallord1(m): 9:49am On Aug 22, 2015
oweniwe:

I don't understand this part...2011 wat?

pls explain
the v35de is the same engine used in the 2000/2001 pathfinder as well as the 2003 murano.... so it must be d same engine sitting.....
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by oweniwe(m): 10:03am On Aug 22, 2015
if its possible to transplant, ama go hunting for hibernated murranos ni o

2 Likes

Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by royallord1(m): 10:12am On Aug 22, 2015
oweniwe:
abi mah broda...
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by oweniwe(m): 10:48am On Aug 22, 2015
attn: nissparts; gazzuzz ; decotech; cardoctor
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by nissparts(m): 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
Nope
On all counts.
If a N200k Murano is not cheap enough for you to fix up then just walk away

2 Likes

Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by royallord1(m): 1:48pm On Aug 22, 2015
nissparts:
Nope
On all counts.
If a N200k Murano is not cheap enough for you to fix up then just walk away
oga mi elaborate... abeg
going by mah calculation a v33e engine and gearbox goes for abt 130k.... which to me it seems much more stronger and durable or in otherwords more care free engine and gearbox than the v35de engine(gearbox included in rating)....
brainbox is less dan 25k....bringing the sum of must buy items to about 150k excluding workmanship and other unknown purchases... as against the 500k murano engine spec....
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by royallord1(m): 2:44pm On Aug 22, 2015
@sienna.....pls can u throw more light on this ....
thanks

2 Likes

Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by sultaan(m): 2:07am On Aug 23, 2015
What I'd both engine and trans are still good but mechanics just messed things up.Both engine. And transmission don't go bad at same time
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by TEMIRE(m): 3:38am On Aug 23, 2015
OP if you don't mind I can go check the vehicle for you, do thorough evaluation of the car and give the best advice.
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by royallord1(m): 2:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
TEMIRE:
OP if you don't mind I can go check the vehicle for you, do thorough evaluation of the car and give the best advice.
grin
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by royallord1(m): 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
sultaan:
What I'd both engine and trans are still good but mechanics just messed things up.Both engine. And transmission don't go bad at same time
alas.. the engine and gearbox has already been hauled out... so it is just an empty body...
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by shamecurls(m): 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
Same here bro....

oweniwe:
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by ndimx: 6:09pm On May 15, 2016
Hello have a murano 2003 had a gearbox issue and my mechanic changed and used the nissan quest gearbox on it. It seems to work fine but has a pulling issue especially on hills little or no kick down. Anyone with a solution to this problem.
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by Kashif(m): 9:36pm On May 15, 2016
ndimx:
Hello have a murano 2003 had a gearbox issue and my mechanic changed and used the nissan quest gearbox on it. It seems to work fine but has a pulling issue especially on hills little or no kick down. Anyone with a solution to this problem.

Install the original CVT.
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by Mystikay(m): 1:53am On Jun 05, 2016
ndimx:
hi,I drive a Nissan Murano 2005..Had a gear box issue also.But instead of going through all d gear wahala,I was adviced to go for a converted gear dat uses any kind of gear oli..09090330178
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by lonelydora: 5:34am On Jun 05, 2016
I'm here to learn.
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by vayne(m): 9:28am On Apr 20, 2017
royallord1:
hi house,
i was taking a short drive around my city and stopped to great a mechanic friend of mine... i saw some persons standing along side him.. pricing a deep blue coloured nissan murano... i was amazed when i heard the prices been said..... the mech was saying 250k last while d buyer was pricing 150k...
when dey couldnt reach a deal... i called my guy i was like 250k for a murano has things now totaly fallen apart... he said the car has a fualty engine and a dead gearbox.. but the interior and exterior are intop shape... i asked how much d engine and gearbox would cost he put it at roughly 500k and might consume more .... so dat was why the decided to sell d car as scrap for a partseller....
THEN IT HIT ME.....
the murano has the same body frame work(engine sitting as the 2001/02 pathfinder therefore can share the same engine- the vq35de.... which means i could as well put in the 3.3 vg33e which is a very strong engine....
now if the engine has a sitting i believe there should be a sitting for the vg33e gearbox as well...
now my question is as theory may be concerned it should work but when it comes to pratical can it?
is it a feasible project?
wat do other part do i need to achieve this.... yes; i also have the brainbox in mind... any other change or remodelling needed?
cc... nissparts, gazzuz, ikenna351, costee
Hello bro,I know this post is old,just want to know if you were successful with the transplant,how did it go....would you advice me to buy a murano?
I really anticipate your response please,thanks
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by miteolu(m): 2:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
ndimx:

Check the ECU. Is possible that you need to change the ECU to murano code or type if not if you will spoil that gear. I spoit mine gear after 4months drive with 5000MILLIAGE

Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by royallord1(m): 7:50pm On Apr 20, 2017
vayne:

Hello bro,I know this post is old,just want to know if you were successful with the transplant,how did it go....would you advice me to buy a murano?
I really anticipate your response please,thanks
nah bro... i didnt go for it again....
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by gibrabboni: 2:50pm On Jun 05, 2018
miteolu:

Check the ECU. Is possible that you need to change the ECU to murano code or type if not if you will spoil that gear. I spoit mine gear after 4months drive with 5000MILLIAGE

Please am having same issue
Can you refer me to the person who help you please ,
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by miteolu(m): 5:52pm On Jun 05, 2018
gibrabboni:

Please am having same issue
Can you refer me to the person who help you please ,

08037582865 or 07082662987 (Timberland) he will help you out. Tell him the guy he helped to sort out similar thing on Maxima 02.
Re: My Plans For A Nissan Murano... NISSAN GURUS COME IN by gibrabboni: 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2018
miteolu:

08037582865 or 07082662987 (Timberland) he will help you out. Tell him the guy he helped to sort out similar thing on Maxima 02.

Ok thanks a lot sir

(1) (Reply)

Standing Ovation To Cosplay And All The "VIN Police" For Sanitizing NL Autos / A Pilot Or XC90 / Thegiftedone And Injector Harness Modifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.